Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Direct access to orders and items

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 11-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Direct access to orders and items

This is a great little mod!

I liked the idea of having it in the header area, but my search needs are a little different so I made some changes. Firstly, I would never use it for searching for a product, so I didn't need that part. I just need to search orders frequently. Sometimes I have an order number, but sometimes I only have a name and vague idea of time, or just a name with no idea of time.

So mine now sits in the header with a field for order number, a field for name, and radio buttons for time periods. There's no submit button since you can just hit enter.

I should also mention that I never use the language selector that appears in that area of the header, so I actually replaced it with the order search. If you use the language selector, be aware that this will make it go away.

I don't know how some people are making images appear in their posts, since the img tag doesn't seem to do it, but here's a link to a snapshot:
http://forum.x-cart.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=659&stc=1&d=1196193934 Snap1.jpg

To do this, I edited skin1/head_admin.tpl. Find the following snippet. If you haven't already modified the file you should find it at lines 15-37, but just be sure you are looking at the whole table row (the <tr> before the '{if' all the way through to the </tr> that comes after the {else}):
Code:
<tr> <td colspan="2" class="HeadLine" align="right" height="22"> {if ($usertype eq "P" or $usertype eq "A") and $login and $all_languages_cnt gt 1} <form action="{$smarty.server.REQUEST_URI|amp}" method="post" name="asl_form"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tr> <td><b>{$lng.lbl_current_language}:</b>&nbsp;</td> <td> <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="{$smarty.server.QUERY_STRING|amp}" /> <select name="asl" onchange="javascript: document.asl_form.submit()"> {section name=ai loop=$all_languages} <option value="{$all_languages[ai].code}"{if $current_language eq $all_languages[ai].code} selected="selected"{/if}>{$all_languages[ai].language}</option> {/section} </select> </td> </tr> </table> </form> {else} &nbsp; {/if} </td> </tr>

Replace that entire snippet with this one: (After backing up the original, of course)
Code:
<tr> <td colspan="2" class="HeadLine" align="right" height="22"> {if ($usertype eq "P" or $usertype eq "A") and $login} <table> <tr> <td> <form name="searchform" action="order.php" method="post"> <table> <tr> <td>Order Number:</td> <td><input name="orderid" type="text" size="10" maxlength="8"></td> </tr> </table> </form> </td> <td> <form name="searchform" action="orders.php" method="post"> <table> <tr> <td>Name:</td> <td><input name="posted_data[customer]" type="text" size="10" maxlength="35"></td> <td><input name="posted_data[date_period]" value="" checked="checked" type="radio"></td> <td width="60">All dates</td> <td><input name="posted_data[date_period]" value="M" type="radio"></td> <td width="80">This month</td> <td><input name="posted_data[date_period]" value="W" type="radio"></td> <td width="80">This week</td> <td><input name="posted_data[date_period]" value="D" type="radio"></td> <td width="60">Today</td> <td width="1"><input type="hidden" id="orderid2" name="orderid2" value=""><input type="hidden" name="posted_data[by_username]" value="on"><input type="hidden" name="posted_data[by_firstname]" value="on"><input type="hidden" name="posted_data[by_lastname]" value="on"><input type="hidden" name="posted_data[address_type]" value="Both">&nbsp;</td> </tr> </table> </form> </td> </tr> </table> {else} &nbsp; {/if} </td> </tr>
I hope somebody finds this useful!!

(By the way, I did this in version 4.1.9. Your mileage may vary in other versions.)

Marshall
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	659  
http://www.certifiedmiracles.com Version 4.4.2

The following user thanks mgatten for this useful post:
Cappiello (05-05-2009)
Old 12-02-2007, 04:31 PM

X-Adept

Marshall - works great! Thanks!

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
Old 12-04-2007, 03:21 PM

eXpert

The same one can do with USERS.
Just put this line in.

<form action="user_modify.php">
User: <input type="text" name="user"> <input type="hidden" name="usertype" value="C"> <input type="submit" value="&nbsp;Find&nbsp;">
</form>

Regards.

Using: X-cart 4.5.4
AT: http://www.weckonline.com LIVE
Old 12-14-2007, 10:39 AM

I've noticed that the first time I do a search by order number it often tells me that I don't have access to that area, but doesn't log me out. Just re-doing the exact same search then works fine. Has anybody else seen this? Anybody have any idea what might be causing it?

Marshall
http://www.certifiedmiracles.com Version 4.4.2
Old 12-14-2007, 11:20 PM

Advanced Member

worked perfectly for me- thanks for such a necessary mod!
Old 12-15-2007, 09:04 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgatten
I've noticed that the first time I do a search by order number it often tells me that I don't have access to that area, but doesn't log me out. Just re-doing the exact same search then works fine. Has anybody else seen this? Anybody have any idea what might be causing it?

Marshall

Yes, a space. Make sure there are no spaces before or after your order id #. Happens to me all the time when I'm searching orders to put in tracking #'s. Every time I think Oh @#$%@#$!!!!, and waste another few seconds. I've gotten much better at selecting when I copy/paste.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:53 PM

X-Adept

Still would love to be able to search by the customers tracking number as well....

X-Cart 4.6.6
X-Payments 3.0
ReBOOT 3.4.1

PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.35
Linux 2.6.32-042stab120.18
ionCube PHP Loader v4.7.3
Perl 5.10.1
Old 05-21-2008, 07:53 PM

Advanced Member

Anyone know how to set this up to direct access to a product using an Extra Field (manufacturer model number in my case).

WH
www.wayneherndon.com
www.wizardcoinsupply.com
Old 05-22-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneherndon
Anyone know how to set this up to direct access to a product using an Extra Field (manufacturer model number in my case).

WH

I wont have time to try & work on this until this weekend. I think this will be harder to make because this is a dynamic field. I am sure I will have to hard code the Extra Field index key or something. I will post sometime on Sunday when I have something.

TN Paintballers LLC
914 N Charles G Seivers Blvd
Clinton, TN 37716
865-457-8000
www.tnpaintballers.com
Old 05-23-2008, 04:36 PM

X-Man

Sweet mod! It was so simple to do that I took the 5 minutes to install in in the working site that we are planning to upgrade soon. So I can vouch it works in 4.0.19 and 4.1.8. Both times I just followed the instructions in post #21.
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions