Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 09-27-2006, 10:25 AM

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

Thanks for this great mod.

By the way, the Administration -> Modules menu section lists the XC SEO module twice.

X-Cart Gold Version 4.1.9 for www.sundogtrading.com
X-Cart Pro Version 4.2.3 for www.heavyglare.com
Old 09-27-2006, 10:28 AM

X-Wizard

Curious. Did you happen to submit the SQL patches more than once?

You can execute the following SQL to uninstall/reinstall the SQL, to make sure everything is inserted properly and get rid of duplicates:
Code:
DELETE FROM xcart_modules WHERE module_name='XC_SEO'; DELETE FROM xcart_config WHERE name='xcseo_keyword_injection'; DELETE FROM xcart_languages WHERE name IN ('module_descr_XC_SEO','module_name_XC_SEO','option_title_XC_SEO','opt_xcseo_keyword_injection'); INSERT INTO xcart_modules (module_name, module_descr, active) VALUES ('XC_SEO','This module rewrites your website urls for Search Engine optimization.','Y'); INSERT INTO xcart_config (name,comment,value,category,orderby,type,defvalue) VALUES ('xcseo_keyword_injection','Specify a keyword to inject into rewritten urls','','XC_SEO',10,'text',''); INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','module_descr_XC_SEO','This module rewrites your website urls for Search Engine optimization.','Modules'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','module_name_XC_SEO','XC SEO','Modules'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','option_title_XC_SEO','XC SEO options','Options'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages (code,name,value,topic) VALUES ('US','opt_xcseo_keyword_injection','Specify a keyword to inject into rewritten urls','Options');
Old 09-27-2006, 10:30 AM

for the 1.0.6 - 1.1.0 upgrade doc.

i think we can add:

Remove file:
/seo.php
include/templater/plugins/outputfilter.seo.php

acutally, i have paid my my domain to use DSEFU

but i have switch my site to this SEO already, why?

becuase l love it is open source and DSEFU has bugs in 1.0.6 and still not fixed yet.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
Curious. Did you happen to submit the SQL patches more than once?

Yes, the first time with the original patches in the install file where I received an error. The second time with the 4.x.x version you posted in this thread.

And your posted fix did the trick.

X-Cart Gold Version 4.1.9 for www.sundogtrading.com
X-Cart Pro Version 4.2.3 for www.heavyglare.com
Old 09-27-2006, 11:17 AM

X-Wizard

@teddychan: good to know that you had a commercial seo mod and switched, I'm happy to have the support

additionally, the delete information will be included in 1.1.2 (it won't hurt users for those files to be there for right now, and I forgot to add those lines a 2nd time, hehe)

@scott: glad the fix worked

=======================================

Just released 1.1.1 with a fix to seo.php (bug was preventing seo.php from redirecting the old urls, bug existed as of 1.1.0). Sorry for releasing so often, but I'd rather people not have issues with the mod

Cheers

Quote:
CHANGELOG

XC SEO 1.1.1 (rev 32 - September 27, 2006)
====================================

* Fixed a bug within seo.php, occurring due to the new module structure
* Updated documentation with more accurate SQL queries.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:13 PM

Suggestion:
when viewing product ID 3, using english.
and switch the language to Chinese (any other lanauge is okay)

suppose it is stay in the same page, however, now it will be redirect to the main page.

i hope this function can be added soon.

2ndly, to help other to switch from paid SEO to this one.

i think it can add this in .htaccess:
Code:
// START for SAFETYNET REWRITE RULES RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]*)-c-([0-9]*)-sort-(.*)-sdir-([0-9]*).html$ home.php?cat=$3&page=$2&sort=$4&sort_direction=$5 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]*)-c-([0-9]*).html$ home.php?cat=$3&page=$2 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9]*).html$ home.php?cat=$2 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-mid-([0-9]*)-p-([0-9]*)-sort-(.*)-sdir-([0-9]*).html$ manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2&page=$3&sort=$4&sort_direction=$5 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-mid-([0-9]*)-p-([0-9]*).html$ manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2&page=$3 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-mid-([0-9]*).html$ manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]*).html$ product.php?productid=$2&$3 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-sp-([0-9]*).html$ pages.php?pageid=$2 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]*).html&xid=(.*)$ product.php?productid=$2&xid=$3 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9]*).html&xid=(.*)$ home.php?cat=$2&xid=$3 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-mid-([0-9]*).html&xid=(.*)$ manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2&xid=$3 [L] RewriteRule ^(.*)-sp-([0-9]*).html&xid=(.*)$ pages.php?pageid=$2&xid=$3 // END for SAFETYNET REWRITE RULES

after the line:
##### / XC SEO Lite

3rdly, it can also add the rewrite rule:

Code:
RewriteRule sitemap.html sitemap.php RewriteRule contactus.html contactus.php RewriteRule home.html home.php

at the end of the .htacess file.

so that x-cart will look more likly to have static page~
Old 09-27-2006, 01:23 PM

X-Wizard

@teddy: so you're having trouble viewing a product page after changing your viewing language? hmmm
could you provide me with an example url so that I can test?

-------------------

regarding the DSEFU mod, it would be best to change the [L] to [R=301] for any rules that overlap with XC SEO's rewrite rules. that way, search engines will be redirected to the .php url, and then be redirected again by seo.php, to the new html structure (to avoid duplicate content). I'll have to look at the Safetynet rules tomorrow to provide you with rule changes that should work.

----------------------

regarding home.php and other pages not currently supported, I'll see what I can do
Old 09-27-2006, 01:30 PM

I just installed this mod on 4.1.3 and it works great. Thanks so much for taking the time to not only make the mod, but also provide it for free. Very generous donation of your time and skills.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:50 PM

X-Wizard

Glad you like it

=================

BUG

Okay, everyone, I apologize, but I found another bug. Again, due to the change to the module structure, I missed another Conditional statement (in the documentation)

In your froogle.php file, search for the line:
Code:
# Post string

The line that immediate follows was not updated in the Install documentation. Replace the line after "Post String" so that the section looks like the following:

Code:
# Post string if (!empty($active_modules["XC_SEO"])){

Originally the code read "if ($seo_enable) {", which is an obsolete variable as of 1.1.0. Additionally, the documentation for 4.1.3 read:
"if (!empty($active_modules["XC_SEO_Lite"])){"

Which again, is incorrect, because the module name is XC_SEO as of 1.1.0

I apologize for the confusion. These changes will be reflected in the documentation for version 1.1.2, to be released tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:00 PM

I won't get a chance to work on it tonight I think. I first need to first get to know the module code. But here is a list of ToDo's on the code for me. What do ya think Intel?

-force all lower case urls
-make home.php 301 to base dir (prevent dupe content with / & /home.php)
-filter urls to point to base dir for home page not home.php (prevent dupe content with / & /home.php)
-Send bots to 401 when it's a printable or sorted page (I'm afraid the 301 will send the bot into a loop which would be bad)
-Add no index,nofollow tag if it's a printable or sorted page (in case bot detection fails)
-Add nofollow links to printable and sorted urls (in case bot detection fails)
-Make option to not rewrite sorting and printable urls (no need with other features)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions