Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Change widget class of some field in Checkout

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 03-28-2018, 01:17 AM

Default Change widget class of some field in Checkout

I want to change the Field City widget class from
\XLite\View\FormField\Input\Text into \XLite\View\FormField\Select\MyCustomClass(). Is there a way to do this job ?
Old 03-30-2018, 01:47 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Change widget class of some field in Checkout

Hi @Alex,

Try to update 'schemaClass' column in the xc_address_field MySQL table for 'city' field.
These values are defined by the sql/xlite_data.yaml file, which is loaded during installation, so the new value should not be overwritten by store re-deployment.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soptareanu Alex
I want to change the Field City widget class from
\XLite\View\FormField\Input\Text into \XLite\View\FormField\Select\MyCustomClass(). Is there a way to do this job ?
Old 03-30-2018, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_sologubov
Hi @Alex,

Try to update 'schemaClass' column in the xc_address_field MySQL table for 'city' field.
These values are defined by the sql/xlite_data.yaml file, which is loaded during installation, so the new value should not be overwritten by store re-deployment.

Tony

Yes, this is was the solution that i found and use but still remains a problem because when i finish my module i want to install in an production env and there i don't have the access to go and hard-code the yaml file. I need a solution if can be posible to do this task when i deploy the module.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:18 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soptareanu Alex
Yes, this is was the solution that i found and use but still remains a problem because when i finish my module i want to install in an production env and there i don't have the access to go and hard-code the yaml file. I need a solution if can be posible to do this task when i deploy the module.

There are several ways how to overcome the problem.

1) Decorate \XLite\Model\AddressField class and define its getSchemaClass() method as follows:
Code:
public function getSchemaClass() { if ($this->getServiceName() == 'city') { return '\XLite\Module\DevID\ModuleID\View\FormField\Select\MyCustomClass'; } else { return parent::getSchemaClass(); } }

2) In your module's Main.php file create runBuildCacheHandler() method that will change 'schemaClass' property of the Address Field.

Here is an example script that shows how you can change 'schemaClass' property for 'city' address field:

Code:
<?php include "top.inc.php"; $cityField = \XLite\Core\Database::getRepo('XLite\Model\AddressField')->createQueryBuilder('af') ->andWhere('af.serviceName = :city') ->setParameter('city', 'city') ->getSingleResult(); $cityField->setSchemaClass('\XLite\View\FormField\Input\Text'); \XLite\Core\Database::getEM()->flush();

So, in your module you should define 'schemaClass' as your own value, if the module is enabled:
Code:
\XLite\Core\Database::getRepo('XLite\Model\Module')->isModuleEnabled('DevID\ModuleID')

or if your module is inactive, then you define 'schemaClass' as usual '\XLite\View\FormField\Input\Text'.

Please, let me know if it makes sense to you.

Tony

The following user thanks tony_sologubov for this useful post:
Soptareanu @Alex (04-05-2018)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)