Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Checkout Process

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 09-19-2019, 05:25 AM

Default Checkout Process

Hi, Everyone, I want to put add to cart and checkout in https://buyhotellinen.com, Any Suggestion or idea will be helpful, Thanks
Old 10-02-2019, 09:43 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Checkout Process

I looked around and haven't found how to implement such a feature easily. It is quite amazing that nobody has thought about "quick buy" feature...
Old 10-02-2019, 10:51 AM

Veteran

Actually they did - https://market.x-cart.com/addons/buy-button.html

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
Ed B. (10-02-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 08:27 AM

X-Adept

Well, I don't think it does what OP had in mind. I think OP wants
  • by clicking the button, the customer goes directly to check out page (with the product added to the cart)
  • to put the button on product list (one button for each product)
Old 10-08-2019, 06:21 AM

X-Adept

I thought this would be a children's game, but somehow I can't make this work.

So my idea is to add a button on ListItem, that is

skins/customer/modules/EdB/QuickBuy/items_list/product/parts/mybutton.twig
Code:
{## # # @ListChild (list="itemsList.product.grid.customer.tail", weight="99") #} {## # # @ListChild (list="itemsList.product.grid.customer.tail", weight="99") #} {{ widget('\\XLite\\Module\\EdB\\QuickBuy\\View\\Button\\Quick') }}
(this will add buttons for every article, even the ones that can't be ordered, but we can deal with this problem later).

The button widget looks like

Code:
<?php namespace XLite\Module\EdB\QuickBuy\View\Button; class Quick extends \XLite\View\Button\Regular /** * Go to checkout */ { /** * Get default label * * @return string */ protected function getDefaultLabel() { return 'Buy'; } protected function getDefaultAction() { return 'quickBuy'; } /** * Define widget parameters * * @return void */ protected function defineWidgetParams() { } /** * getDefaultStyle * * @return string */ protected function getDefaultStyle() { return $this->getCart()->checkCart() ? 'regular-main-button checkout' : 'regular-main-button disabled add2cart-disabled checkout'; }

Again, the button looks terribly ugly, but we can deal with it later. Normally, it only remains to define the function doActionQuickBuy() in the appropriate controller class,
that is

Code:
<?php namespace XLite\Module\EdB\QuickBuy\Controller\Customer; abstract class Cart extends XLite\Controller\Customer\Cart implements \XLite\Ba se\IDecorator { public function doActionQuickBuy() { echo "action!"; parent::doActionAdd(); $this->setReturnURL( $this->buildURL('checkout', '', array()) ); } }
(Probably one could have simply done
Code:
parent::doActionAdd(); parent::doActionCheckout();

However, this code produces the button, but clicking on the button does
nothing. Presumably because the regular button is for submitting a form, and there is no form. I have also tried to use "Link" class, but then I can't define "getDefaultAction". Another approach would be somehow to decorate

View/Product/ListItem.php to get a second button, the class use a method getAdd2CartBlockWidget to show the "add to cart" button, but I fail to see how to use this method to produce another button. or call twice this method within the class.

Would anyone know how to do this?

[added]

Maybe the simplest thing to do is to write a method similar to getAdd2CartBlockWidget in a class decorating ListItem and call it from an appropriate twig, but then where can I define getDefaultAction() or something similar? The getAdd2CartBlockWidget() looks like
Code:
protected function getAdd2CartBlockWidget() { $widget = null; ... $widget = $this->getWidget( [ 'style' => 'add-to-cart product-add2cart productid-' . $this ->getProduct()->getProductId(), 'label' => 'Add to cart', ], 'XLite\View\Button\Simple' ); } return $widget;
and it is some jquery scripts that deals with the action of button. And in the javascript, I haven't seen functions that looks like doActionAddtoCart() that is in the controller.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:04 AM

X-Adept

I gave up on buttons, instead, I tried
twig file
[code]
{##
#
# @ListChild (list="itemsList.product.grid.customer.tail", weight="99")
#}
<div class="company-logo">
<a href={{ url('cart', 'QuickBuy', { 'param_1': 'some_param_value' }) }}>
Quick Buy</a>
</div>
with Controller class
Code:
public function doActionQuickBuy() { echo "action!"; parent::doActionAdd(); $this->setReturnURL( $this->buildURL('checkout', '', array()) ); }
Then the customer gets redirected to the "checkout page" clicking on the link (provided that the cart is not empty before), but the product isn't added to the cart.
As a matter of fact, if I remove setReturnURL, then nothing happens when the customer clicks on the link. What am I doing wrong here?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)