Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.6 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-29-2007, 04:54 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.6 released

I'm also seeing a problem with the login box - when I enter a correct user name and password, it gets rejected every time. I then get a message telling me that the image verification didn't match (there isn't any on the login box). I am then able to RE-enter the same user name and pass and log in successfully.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:02 PM

X-Guru

I turned image verification off. Logins, registartions, sales and "contact us" are just fine without it. I reported this as a bug to x-cart.

I encourage everyone who is bothered by this bug to report it. But when you report it, be accurate. RJC's bug reports in the forum are a great example of a professional and thorough way to report bugs. This kind of bug report must be useful to the program architects. RJC: I hope you submitted this to Qualiteam.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:13 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
I turned image verification off. Logins, registartions, sales and "contact us" are just fine without it. I reported this as a bug to x-cart.

I encourage everyone who is bothered by this bug to report it. But when you report it, be accurate. RJC's bug reports in the forum are a great example of a professional and thorough way to report bugs. This kind of bug report must be useful to the program architects. RJC: I hope you submitted this to Qualiteam.

Yes, I did earlier today. I didn't subit the login one yet though..I will.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:17 AM

X-Adept

what happened since 4.1.3? it seems the most stable current release, i like to stay up to date with releases, however im glad I have stuck with that version

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 01-30-2007, 02:17 AM

X-Cart team

Thank you for all your feedback. I will answer to some of the issues posted here.

Regarding Google Checkout problems:
Some modifications were made to Google Checkout module in 4.1.6, and Google also changed their Sandbox URL. We tested all the modifications and everything worked correctly. However, according to the developers' forum, Google Checkout is not a stable system yet. I recommend all who use this payment system read this forum sometimes:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-checkout-api-troubleshooting/topics

I also recommend you read this post to learn how to debug Google Checkout module: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=152970#post152970

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbrrr

Your getting more than I am... I dont get any order recorded.... but do end up with the cart still full. The page that you are talking about that it hangs on, is that the "your order is being processed... .... "If you are not redirected in 3 seconds, click here" page? On my trials with this... the page appears to be refreshing or trying to go to another final page, but appears to be caught in some kind of loop, and ultimately fails to commit the transaction and come back with the error message that the payment method was declined.

Try the following:

1) Make sure the API callback URL is specified in the GC merchant backoffice.
2) Check that the API callback URL is correct. A correct API callback URL for your store can be found on the General settings/Google Checkout options page.
3) Check that GC can connect to your callback URL (payment/ps_gcheckout.php). If it cannot, the problem is probably caused by the fact that this script is used on http instead of https in production mode or by that your SSL certificate is invalid.
4) Also please see what errors are produced by GC in the GC merchant backoffice: Settings/Integration.

Regarding the Image Verification module issue:
Please note that the tests generated by Image Verification module are case-sensitive. If a distorted image displayed on the screen includes any letters, the user needs to enter them in the appropriate case. If you think that might represent a difficulty for your customers, disable use of letters for your image verification tests.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:19 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herseyc
Just tried to upgrade to 4.1.6 from 4.1.3 still have the same problem that I have when I try to upgrade to 4.1.4 or 4.1.5

Once I upgrade I cannot log in as admin or as a customer. If I use the password recovery it comes back as the Password being corrupt of Merchant Key Invalid (or something like that - cannot find the email).

Back on 4.1.3 and everything is running fine but I would like to be able to upgrade to the current version. Anyone know what causes this problem and is there a way around it.

Thanks

Hersey

This appears to be some sort of problem with your blowfish key or blowfish encryption routine. If you experience difficulties upgrading, please request assistance from our support team.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:13 AM

Advanced Member

Hi,

Quote:
Regarding the Image Verification module issue:
Please note that the tests generated by Image Verification module are case-sensitive. If a distorted image displayed on the screen includes any letters, the user needs to enter them in the appropriate case. If you think that might represent a difficulty for your customers, disable use of letters for your image verification tests.
I have the image verification problem described in the above posts and used all numerals with the image verification module. The image verification appears quite buggy and when or where the error message is diplayed is unpredictable. My upgrade from 4.1.5 to 4.1.6 went quite smooth and did not generate any errors or files that needed to be patched.

Can someone verify the image verification is working as intended in a clean install?
Old 01-30-2007, 06:42 AM

X-Guru

I am having the same probelm with image verification as everyone else. Numerals only. (BTW, it is bad form to require a CUSTOMER to enter upper/lower -- let's assume our customers are not geeks - it shouldn't matter what they type - google "Steve Krug")
Old 01-30-2007, 07:56 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebo
Hi,

I have the image verification problem described in the above posts and used all numerals with the image verification module. The image verification appears quite buggy and when or where the error message is diplayed is unpredictable. My upgrade from 4.1.5 to 4.1.6 went quite smooth and did not generate any errors or files that needed to be patched.

Can someone verify the image verification is working as intended in a clean install?

No - I did a clean install and use all numerals for my image verification, and I'm having the problems I detailed earlier in this thread.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:03 AM

Advanced Member

Also - my Google Checkout now appears to be working in Sandbox mode. I had x-cart techs looking into it, and it started working for me last night, so I thought they fixed something, but it looks like one of two things - either it was a problem on Google's end that THEY fixed, or it may have been an SSL problem. Since I was only testing, I didn't have a "real" cert in place (which is not supposed to affect GC in test mode as per their instructions). I did install a new Comodo cert last night, and GC worked after that. Coincidence? I'm not sure. The only odd thing that remains is the fact that I have an https: url defined for the callback URL and it appears to be using http. Again, is this just because it is test mode? I'll know later today, as I'm planning to take it live.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements