Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

LiteCommerce 2.2 beta 1 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-16-2006, 01:26 AM

X-Man

The problem is that version 2.2 comes with all new skins. Different button images and different (better) checkout templates. I do not know about the data, but I suspect that the product ids and category ids would remain unchanged so links would continue to work.

The problem will be whether to apply our changes to the new skins or apply the skin changes to the shop pages.

Litecommerce have not come up with an upgrade path yet, perhaps there will be some sort of tool, or generous extra commenting in the skins highlighting all the changes.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:32 AM

X-Adept

I am prepared to update the skins manually given the if factor of the Cpanel issue.
I was more concerned with the major settings like taxes, shipping rates, orders data, prophiles, things like that.
I meant to ask if this new ver. 2.2 has a built in way to generate a site map of the store, and does it have a way to show subcategories on the main.tpl in the product menu? Both of these features would do wonders for ease of use for customers and SEO rankings.
[Unix]
Live Sites
Live Sites Hosting
Old 03-16-2006, 04:31 PM

X-Man

I think Qualteam would be suicidal if they released 2.2 for upgrade if it did not preserve the 2.1 data. It should be backwards compatible since it uses the same add on modules. The only bit that is new is the main bit. I had to install the existing add on modules. Therefore categories, products, users and orders should remain. AOM version 2.4 is the only upgrade I needed. Even the custom development modules I have worked straight away, with no need to update/change them. (probably an advantage to using QUalteam to do the bespoke work since they clearly use standard templates and code routines that got updated within 2.2 where relevant)

Although I think 2.2 is better for SEO it still does not utilise the alt tags for images etc. Nor, with the skin I am using does it have the option to display subcategories on the main.tpl. There are more default skins but I did not look at them. It is important to note that I am not doing a system test of the whole package. I am just doing an end to end test of the bits I want for my site and the way in which I want my site to work. Whilst this clearly goes through the main core of the system, there will be other untrodden paths that may hold errors.

I have found few errors, so it is possible that the parts I have not looked at would likewise be fairly stable.

I have not seen a site map generator, pity. I do not use the cpanel so I cannot say if it works. I do not download or up load templates, I edit in stitu. So again I cannot say if that works either.

I hope that there is some other beta testing going on by others that does this, otherwise the only way this version is going to be tested is by people like me who just want to go live on the new version on new sites.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:45 PM

X-Cart team

This topic is locked.

Please discuss all issues in the new LiteCommerce 2.2 beta 2 released topic at: http://forum.litecommerce.com/viewtopic.php?t=27617
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements