LiteCommerce 2.2 beta 1 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-02-2006, 03:07 AM

X-Cart team

Default LiteCommerce 2.2 beta 1 released

Quote:
Dear LiteCommerce customers!

We are glad to announce the release of the first Beta version of LiteCommerce 2.2. Over a year LiteCommerce team has been working to enhance the functionality and performance of LiteCommerce store builder software and now you have a chance to experience improvements and new features introduced in the new version.

We would like to extend our special thanks to everyone who actively participatedin our discussion forums and provided feedback to our customer support team.

LiteCommerce online store builder version 2.2 features an improved installer and brings numerous enhancements to the functionality and the user interface of the Administrator and Customer Zones.

The following is a brief summary of major changes introduced in LiteCommerce version 2.2:
- Installation mechanism redesigned to automatically reinstall add-on modules when switching between the design skins;
- Two beautiful design skins added, which validate against HTML 4.01 Transitional;
- High volume data processing procedures refactored;
- Global extra fields mechanism completely redesigned;
- Taxation mechanism rewritten to correctly handle product prices that include VAT taxes;
- 'Free' shipping method introduced;
- Shipping rate calculation mechanism improved to include additional shipping and handling charges for both standard and real-time shipping methods;
- Image support code refactored;
- Credit Card handling procedures in the Customer Zone obtained new user interfaces, support for Solo and Maestro cards and Javascript validation;
- Flexy template engine improved;
- Possibility to use multi-tabbed dialogues added in the Customer Zone;
- Summary on the store's general settings added in the Administrator Zone;
- Possibility to review order history of a particular user added in the Administrator Zone;
- Support for MySQL persistent connections introduced;
- PHP memory limit option added in the 'config.php' configuration file.

Additionally, the new version of the software resolves many inconsistencies and brings numerous improvements to:
- Overall stability and security of the software;
- Compatibility with less used versions and configurations of PHP server software;
- Database import/export procedures;
- Stock management mechanisms;
- Membership selection and handling;
- Template Editor and HTML design import/export functionality;
- Administrator and Customer Zone interfaces, resulting in usability enhancements;
- Forgotten password recovery functionality;
- Checkout procedures;
- and many more (for a complete list of bug-fixes and improvements please see the CHANGELOG file in the LiteCommerce distribution).

Just like with any Beta release, we welcome your bug reports and suggestions for improvements of the new functionality.

You can download the new version in the File Area section of your HelpDesk account at: https://secure.qualiteam.biz/

WARNING!
The software is NOT recommended for production deployment at this stage. Please do not use LiteCommerce 2.2 beta on live stores: this version is still supposed to undergo a period of thorough final testing and polishing. Please be aware that LiteCommerce 2.2 beta is just a preview of LiteCommerce 2.2 and comes without technical support or a reference manual.

Best regards,
LiteCommerce team
Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 AM

Default License

What license can be used for the installation? I tried to install with 2.1 license, but it gives me a shop temporarily closed message...

Can you help me?

best wishes,

maurice
Old 02-02-2006, 12:50 PM

Advanced Member

Default 2.2 beta 1 License Issue

License # License code
Domain(s): license domain
Expires: Never
Version: 2.1

The part i have in BOLD change that to 2.2 and it will work it worked for me!

Addons Installed:
Advanced Order Management
RMA
Old 02-02-2006, 01:09 PM

X-Adept

Are you planning to make an online demo available? I would like to try out some of the new features but it is difficult to set aside some time to set it up myself.. I have enough to do with the current version!
What is the procedure for reporting bugs, suggestions etc etc.
Will we be able to see comments other people have made, no point in reporting the same problem many times.
kenny
Old 02-02-2006, 09:17 PM

X-Cart team

Hello Kenny,

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkenny
Are you planning to make an online demo available? I would like to try out some of the new features but it is difficult to set aside some time to set it up myself.. I have enough to do with the current version!

Yes, we are planning to open an online demo soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkenny
What is the procedure for reporting bugs, suggestions etc etc.
Will we be able to see comments other people have made, no point in reporting the same problem many times.
kenny

You can post all comments, suggestions etc into this topic or you can always create new topic(s) in the LiteCommerce forum area.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:30 AM

Default Re: LiteCommerce 2.2 beta 1 released

Any idea how long before this will be released and/or when we'll be able to see a demo online?

We're not able to setup a demo version of the site locally, so I'd love to be able to see an online version to get an idea of the changes/new options.

Thanks,
Rida

Ver 2.2 build 35 (upgraded)
Modules installed: promotion, gift certificates, auto-update, wholesale trading, inventory, product options, gift certificates, newsletters, egoods, ecommerce reports, AOM, greet visitors, details images, best sellers, featured products, multi-catagories, HTML catalog, showcase organizer, payment gateway.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:43 AM

X-Man

Can I assume that the lack of error posts means that the beta is error free!!!

Or is it that no-one has installed and tested it yet

Since I am planning to move my server in the next week of so I MAY have a window of oportunity. But I am a poor tester as in my past life I was a programmer and have a habit of using a system in the way it was 'supposed' to work rather than finding the obvious bugs a real user trips over.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:01 AM

X-Adept

Not installed it yet, still waiting for some fixes to the current AOM before I will have any time free

I think it would be usefull if there was a more structured way of reporting bugs/issues than trawling through a forum. Perhaps something like..

Set up a new top level forum in the LC section called 'Beta testing'

Each topic could be a reported problem.. if the bug is verified Sheriff could post saying that they are aware of the issue, and again when it is fixed and lock the post.

This way it would be easy to see what problems have already been reported and there current status.

I am just concerned if we start posting all our ideas into a single topic it will be difficult to keep track of where we are at.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:13 AM

X-Man

I agree, seperate topic for each error and it would be sensible to have its own top level topic. Now lets see if common sense prevails.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:48 PM

eXpert

Default LC Beta 2.2

I looked around for a Litecommerce beta 2.2 suggestions thread and didnt see one so i will post this here. (please move this post if there is a more appropriate place for it).

Because scripts are given low priority on search engines we need all the help we can get in getting our stores into the search engines. One good way of doing this would be to give us the option to add "alt" tags to images. I dont know if this has been discussed in the past or if it would be possible for people who store images in their databases. This has become a great tool for php, asp, cfm based documents that are generally given lower priority in search engines.
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements