Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

5.2.Beta: Webmaster mode, Multicurrency, WYSIWYG for email notifications and more

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-04-2015, 06:07 AM

X-Cart team

Default 5.2.Beta: Webmaster mode, Multicurrency, WYSIWYG for email notifications and more

Greetings, X-Cart users, merchants and developers! Today X-Cart 5.2 Beta is becoming available for public. We do not recommend building a production store using this beta package. It's for testing purposes only. The release of a stable package of version 5.2 is scheduled for March.

Please take a look at this overview of what it brings:
http://blog.x-cart.com/5-2-beta.html

And after that download the package here:
http://www.x-cart.com/downloadxc5beta

Look forward to your feedback - right in this thread or via the big-tracker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Availability of upgrades

There will be NO upgrades from 5.1.10 to 5.2 Beta - as long as it's in Beta.
There WILL BE upgrades from 5.1.x to 5.2.x, when a stable release of v.5.2 is available
There WILL BE upgrades within branch 5.2 Beta and from Beta to a stable version

Last edited by Ksenia : 02-04-2015 at 11:18 PM.

The following user thanks Ksenia for this useful post:
ADDISON (03-15-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 06:28 AM

Veteran

Default Re: 5.2.Beta: Webmaster mode, Multicurrency, WYSIWYG for email notifications and more

Good to see XC5 is moving forward like this.
Will there be 5.1.x to 5.2.x upgrade or 5.2.x must start from scratch?
Looks like the 5.2.x has some major core changes. How will this play with existing stores base don 5.1.x?
The most exciting changes to me are the emails editor and cache rebuilt. Hopefully they both work as expected - I did not have a chance to test yet.

The following 2 users thank cflsystems for this useful post:
Ksenia (02-04-2015), tony_sologubov (02-16-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 10:32 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: 5.2.Beta: Webmaster mode, Multicurrency, WYSIWYG for email notifications and more

The images workflow I would like to see SEO friendly included. Not x-cart re-naming the filenames to image452.jpg

Multicurrency a nice addition, would have liked it to have been improved since just simply x-cart 4 version which was basic. It would be good practice to say okay we have the feature, but this is x-cart 5, we are going to bring it out but improved from version 4, however good its there either way. I think improvements are coming however. Auto-detect via geo-ip in future, not the customer has to go find a menu and they might think the store is based in USA, when its not, and they close the browser. Added benefit would be with geo-ip, you can usually narrow down to the town or city and therefore display a customised message that not only is the currency in their currency, but you can ship to this location. Perhaps even say shipping from $5 to this location for example in a graphic. It would appear that this is very possible. I have seen this in cart websites.

The en/us icon I still have an issue with. First you are showing the Union jack flag and the USA flag merged together for some reason. Because we have an alliance? It seems for a language it seems. Okay well that can be argued, but then you are displaying the USD currency next to where the Union Jack flag is. Surely an oversight. USA and UK language have many differences in spellings and interpretation. More important is that it is confusing to determine to a customer if you are based in the UK or the USA? Imagine you are on Amazon for example and you can see there could be some confusion there. I immediately changed this image to British because my shop is UK based. A lot of input for one image maybe, but it could have important ramifications to the end user. Are you going to then display Russian flag icon with another Russian speaking country like Ukraine? because you speak the same or similar language?

Other improvements I welcome, especially cache-rebuild. It would be good to add that the layout columns can be changed depending on Homepage, static page, storewide, etc. Maybe you want just a left column in category listings for example.

Ultimate 5.4 testing

The following 2 users thank RichieRich for this useful post:
Ksenia (02-04-2015), tony_sologubov (02-16-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 11:21 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Looks like the 5.2.x has some major core changes. How will this play with existing stores base don 5.1.x?

Thank you for your excellent question - I have updated the initial post and inserted this paragraph to the blog announcement too.

Availability of upgrades

There will be NO upgrades from 5.1.10 to 5.2 Beta - as long as it's in Beta.
There WILL BE upgrades from 5.1.x to 5.2.x, when a stable release of v.5.2 is available
There WILL BE upgrades within branch 5.2 Beta and from Beta to a stable version

PS I really like your new website, Steve =)

The following user thanks Ksenia for this useful post:
cflsystems (02-05-2015)
Old 02-04-2015, 11:46 PM

X-Adept

Hi,
I cannot able to install it on localhost on windows PC.Store front is opening but admin is not opening.

Also any improvement in multi vendor addons with automatic Payout and commissioning system?

Have there any server demo available?

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:11 AM

X-Adept

Dear Kensia,

Do you mind clarifying the below from the blog regarding HHVM please?

We measured the page load time for one of such projects with 50K items and millions of active users annually, m3.Large Amazon EC2 Instance was in use, take a look:

What was the maximum number of concurrent users you found during your testing before performance started to decrease?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2015, 05:44 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
This should never be a question with v5, right? Just confirming the commitment to a simple upgrade system.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:25 AM

X-Adept

Kindly provide me the working server demo.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:50 PM

Advanced Member

The admin page is not working for the beta. Please let the developers know quickly, thanks.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:27 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by zychen
The admin page is not working for the beta. Please let the developers know quickly, thanks.

Yes Admin is not working in localhost.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements