Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

allowing orders of out of stock items?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-07-2005, 02:41 PM

X-Wizard

We've eventually got the guys @ x-cart to develop this modification for us and was quite affordable.

:sK
MySQL 5.6.37
CentOS 7.4

Chamber Internet
- Lancashire, United Kingdom
http://www.chamberelancs.co.uk
Old 10-07-2005, 03:58 PM

I am trying to implement it as well, is it something you can share? If not, how many points they charged you? Also does it need to be upgraded with the releases? Does anyone know if there is a chance of adding this functionality on the next release?

Thanks
X-Aom
X-RMA
X-Offers
Old 11-03-2005, 12:28 AM

I am very interested in these functions and would be glad to pay for it.

We are importing stock levels automatically into MySQL from our business system every 10 minutes.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:48 AM

Advanced Member

Default Good idea, Hamid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamid
I just added an "Availability" label on my product pages (product.tpl), and next to it put:

{if $product.avail gt 100}
IN STOCK MESSAGE
{else}
OUT OF STOCK MESSAGE
{/if}

So, if the stock level goes under 100, customers see the "out of stock message", otherwise they see the "in stock message".

Thanks Hamid, for this very simple and useful work-around. I used a constant of 10000 to make inventories over 100 more readable, and I also added a message beside out-of-stock items in the cart. For the cart mod, the code update in customer\main\cart.tpl is essentially the same as Hamid's update in customer\main\product.tpl, but instead of:

Code:
$product.avail

use

Code:
$products[product].avail

My implemenation of the cart portion of the mod was to update cart.tpl by replacing:

Code:
{include file="buttons/edit_product_options.tpl" href="javascript:window.open('`$catalogs.customer`/ [etc. ... line too long to show here] {/if} {/if} </DIV> </TD></TR> <TR><TD colspan="2"><HR size="1" noshade></TD></TR> {/if} {/section}

with

Code:
{include file="buttons/edit_product_options.tpl" href="javascript:window.open('`$catalogs.customer`/ [etc. ... line too long to show here] {/if} {/if} </DIV> {* VJ add: follwing div is added out of stock notice; items with inventory under 10000 *} {if $products[product].avail le 10000} <div align="left"> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" width="400" bgcolor="#C0C0C0"> <tr> <td width="100%"> <div align="left"> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%" bgcolor="#F9F9F9"> <tr> <td width="100%"> <span class=dr10b>THIS ITEM IS ON BACKORDER </span><span class=dg10>You can still order this item now, but it will ship later than the rest of your order, generally by 1 to 3 weeks. If this delay is not acceptable, you may </span><span class=bu10b>delete this item</span><span class=dg10> from your order.</span> </td> </tr> </table> </div> </td> </tr> </table> </div> {/if} {* VJ end *} </TD></TR> <TR><TD colspan="2"><HR size="1" noshade></TD></TR> {/if} {/section}

I have some CSS font styles in there. You can change or delete those, or add this code to your css file:

Code:
.dr10b { font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; font-weight: bold; color: #990000; } .dg10 { font-size: 10px; line-height: 12px; color: #444444; }
Old 11-13-2005, 01:38 PM

Entered this code into products.tpl, placed at the end of the script. it shows OUT OF STOCK on the list of products even though there is 1000 SET in stock?

there was no mention of where to find products.tpl, found in skin1, customer, main, products.tpl

Well all i wanted is a message to state Backorder available (Currently awaiting stock) this message can then allow ordering upto 100 pcs of each product.

By disabling stock inventory is the other solution to allow ordering as much stock but no way of notifying customer.

http://www.realsecurity.co.uk (shopkey=123 to enter store)
Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 PM

Advanced Member

anyone still working on this should check out a thread i did on a 4.0.17 compatible version:
http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?p=116909#116909

Hope it helps people!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions