Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 5.0.11 is released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 AM

X-Cart team

Default X-Cart 5.0.11 is released

Hi guys!

Today is the first minor release of X-Cart 5 after launch and I am very proud to describe what we have during this month.

New payment gatewaysBoth payment methods are available in Mobile and Business packages.

New core modules
  • Add to Cart Popup. Now you can cross-sell products after customer adds something to their cart. Enjoy the increase of your average revenue per user!
  • Product Reviews. Now your customers can give you and other customers feedback about your products. Customers are more likely to buy a product that already has been rated and this module will help you with increasing conversion rates.
  • Related products. Now you can specify related products for your goods and suggest customers what they also might want to buy next. Overall, it will increase your average revenue per user.

Add to cart popup is available in Mobile and Business editions. Product reviews and Related products are available in Business edition only.

New paid modules
We released several paid add-ons that are not included into any package and you can use it on any edition: Mobile and Business.
  • Abandoned Cart Reminder. Basically, this is the same module as we have been having for X-Cart 4. It recovers unpaid transactions. You are setting it up one time and then amount of your orders will increase with no extra work. It costs $165.
  • Banner System. If you want to place banners here and there, this module is for you. Decorate your store with different kinds of banners and make your customers be pleased with your new design. It costs $149.
  • Product feeds. Upload your products to different marketplaces like Google Shipping, Nextag, etc and get more clients to your store. As as abandoned cart reminder, you are setting it up one time and then constantly get new visitors to your shop. Now it supports the following marketplaces:
    - Google Shopping
    - eBay e-Commerce Network (shopping.com)
    - Nextag
    - Pricegrabber
    - Shopzilla

and our developers are going to extend this list in the future. The module costs $99.

Third-party modules
We really like that 3rd party developers were encouraged by X-Cart 5 release and started writing modules for X-Cart 5 straight away. During last month our friends released:
  • Gift certificates by Vladimir Serov. Previously, this module worked with X-Cart Next only. Now it is compatible with X-Cart 5.
  • Fresh Green free template by Perception System. We are really thankful to these guys, especially for the fact that they released free template. Check this out! It is in nice fresh green colors!

Improvements
Besides these modules, we implemented quite a lot of smaller improvements:
  • Require to change password on next log in option was added to user profiles. Thank you @cflsystems for the suggestion
  • Now customer is asked whether they would like to proceed to checkout as an existing or guest user? Thank you guys for this thread: http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=366983&postcount=22
  • We have improved how customer returns from payment gateway side, when they click Cancel button there. Now they will receive a meaningful popup, instead of warning
  • Now admin can set up position of products in the category
  • We have improved the interface how customer can choose between ways products are sorted on product lists.

Where is complete changelog?
You can find it here: http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/5.0.11

How do I upgrade?
First of all, all X-Cart 5 installations will receive an invitation to upgrade during next 5 days. If you did not receive it right now, do not worry, you will get it during this week.

Once you receive it, you should simply click the link in the top left corner like this:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0162ddjod3

and then the magic will happen.

Check out our new release and if there is any feedback, I will be glad to hear it!

Tony.

Last edited by tony_sologubov : 02-18-2014 at 08:03 AM.

The following 2 users thank tony_sologubov for this useful post:
ADDISON (02-24-2014), anandat (02-19-2014)
Old 02-18-2014, 08:07 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 5.0.11 is released

-- reserved --
Old 02-18-2014, 09:05 AM

X-Adept

Great work.

I noticed you have plans for a responsive template and multicurrency. Are these planned for next major version? Do you have a timescale?

I would likely go with xcart 5 for running a store with these in place. Especially as you have now added Related products, reviews and add-to-cart popup.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 02-18-2014, 09:21 AM

X-Adept

Suggestion:

In products list, instead of showing all products in the page showing (0 reviews) if there are none, to only display reviews information in products list if there are reviews or at least have an option to decide that. Because this saves space and customers have no need to see 50 products all saying 0 reviews in 1 page. Amazon for example does not list (0 reviews) text on product search pages. On the product page it could be like "be the first to review this". But to explain (0 reviews) on thumbnail page is pointless.

Another improvment could be to add company logo to temporarily closed page; I notied when you activate a module, the shop closes, but the customer cannot see the brand logo just some simple text, although I like the cog wheel turning graphic.

Ultimate 5.4 testing

The following 2 users thank RichieRich for this useful post:
kevfromwiganinlancashire (02-23-2014), tony_sologubov (02-18-2014)
Old 02-18-2014, 12:33 PM

X-Cart team

Thank you Richie for feedback!

We are planning to implement default responsive skin and multicurrency by July-August.

As for your suggestions, I like them and we will consider adding them.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:06 PM

X-Adept

will it be possible to import related products and ratings data into xc5 from xc4?

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 02-22-2014, 10:16 PM

Just curious, when will this update be available for everybody to test?
Braintree
Popup Anywhere
Abandoned Cart Reminder
Cloud Backup
Kayako Integration
Rich Google Search Results
Pin Code/License Key
Remember Me
Old 02-23-2014, 01:42 PM

X-Adept

Hello Tony,

I have the message but it will not complete due to Product Feeds that I'm trialling.

I have tried on 3 different occasions, it lists all the modules/extensions installed then goes through the motions then I get a 500 error but I think this is X-Carts server as my server shows no errors. It states that Product Feeds not downloaded.

Nothing gets upgraded.

Any advice please (I have sent an email to support already so should have answer tomorrow I hope) thought I'd ask after seeing this post.

Kind regards,

Kevin Morley
2.4.6-31.el7.centos

4.6.x stalled for now

5.2.6 developing
Old 02-23-2014, 09:23 PM

X-Guru

Hello Kevin,

I believe you see this error because the Product Feeds module has been released officially, and now the server do all the license checks before allowing you to download updates. Since you never purchased the Product Feeds module license, the server declines your upgrade request.

Uninstall the Product Feeds Beta and try the upgrade link once again.

I will check with the XC5 dev team if there is a way for you to beta test the module and reply you through the HelpDesk system.

Thanks!

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions

The following user thanks qualiteam for this useful post:
kevfromwiganinlancashire (02-24-2014)
Old 02-24-2014, 10:09 AM

X-Adept

Hello Qualiteam,

I will do that, thought of doing so but was wary of any other issues it may cause.

Was surprised to see it for sale last night but that explained the message I was getting.

Thanks,

Kev
2.4.6-31.el7.centos

4.6.x stalled for now

5.2.6 developing
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements