Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

NEW xcart template - xtreme Gear

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-27-2011, 04:01 AM

eXpert

Default NEW xcart template - xtreme Gear

Hi all,

We are thrilled to announce the launch of our second 'highly anticipated' x-cart template... 'xtreme Gear'

xtreme Gear, brings together all the elements you have grown to expect from a modern, professional eCommerce template from the xCart Store
- all at a price that is simply unbeatable.

Use the links below to find out more...

xtreme Gear Template details & features

xtreme Gear Demo Website

xtreme Gear Video

We'd love to hear from you, all questions and comments are welcome.

regards
W.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 07-28-2011, 06:02 AM

X-Man

Default Re: NEW xcart template - xtreme Gear

Looks slick Will. May need to have a look at your demo site though as it appears to be running very slowly. After clicking around a little, I had to kill the demo and just go with the Video.

Nice work though, very slick!
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance

The following user thanks bigredseo for this useful post:
ntclick (01-22-2015)
Old 07-28-2011, 06:07 AM

eXpert

Cheers Conor,

It certainly was a labour of love - glad to hear you like it
We crammed as much into the template as possible.

Yes, our dedicated server might be a little under pressure at the moment - probably due to all the recent traffic - certainly check it out in an hour or two.

regards
W.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 07-30-2011, 08:09 AM

X-Man

Hey Will,

Well I had a chance to poke through everything here over the past 30 minutes and it's a VERY SLICK template. Nice that you included the OGP into the template also, this is going to become more requested by theme developers as time goes on. Nice that you jumped on it now rather than later!

The only thing that I couldn't find on there was the ability to have all the prices display in USD rather than in Euro (same if I was visiting from Australia I'd like to see Australian prices etc). While I do see that the price is listed at 415 Euro and then the $591 price beside it, in the "Buy More - Save More" section, those prices are only in Euro. Is there a way within the theme that a site visitor can choose what currency to view the website in, and then all pricing would change?

I think it's a great theme as is, just figured this might be something a little extra requested down the road.

On a side note - I'll be in Waterford at the end of August (just one day, and it's a Sunday 28th). I grew up in Rush (just north of Dublin) but my wife has never been to Ireland so I'm doing the whirlwind trip with her for a few days. If you happen to be around Sunday evening, I'd love to take you out for a pint.
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
Old 08-02-2011, 11:28 AM

eXpert

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the good feedback and comments - we will investigate the multiple prices as you mentioned. Always a good idea to add these features before someone asks for them.

We're already working on our next theme - so all these features will be there and many more.

Yes, lets try arrange to meet up if you are around, send me a PM closer to the date, good idea

regards
W.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 09-22-2011, 12:19 AM

eXpert

Quick update,

just letting you all know, xtreme Gear is now x-cart 4.4.4 compliant, includes support for new "Socialize" module.
Get in touch with us, over at The xCart Store if you have any comments/questions.

regards
W.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM

Advanced Member

Can you provide any links to live sites using your templates such as Xtreme Gear?

Thanks
Bill
Hobby Central
Old 05-11-2012, 06:40 AM

eXpert

Hi Bill,

I know I replied to you directly earlier on this - but if anyone else is interested here is my response...

Unfortunately, we can not disclose any information from our client websites - this is part of our privacy statement.
However, here is a small list of URLs some customers have given us the clearance to list as examples:
http://www.cuchulainnsportswear.com/
http://www.mirrors.ie/

regards
W.

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x

The following user thanks Will Hayes for this useful post:
ntclick (01-22-2015)
Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM

eXpert

We are in the process of installing this template and have received little support so far.
This is not a rant but rather some feedback.
This is one of the most expensive templates I found, but also the sleekest.
If I get this working, I will post a link in this thread to add to the other 2 mentioned above.
Seems most templates displaying images don't have a maximum x and y pixel value set such as:
- Featured categories on front page
- Manufacturers.php
In some cases images are being stretched and shrunk to fit in a predefined box.
You will need to make sure all your graphics are properly formatted/cropped.
This is great to know when you start a new store but if you are coming from an existing store, expect a lot of formatting.
Or, if you know CSS, start playing with those values.
the recommended thumbnail dimensions: 150 x 150 and stick to it!
Using multi currencies, the alternate currency display gets cut off on the right hand side.
Looks like the template is not displaying 4 columns in all browsers. IE8 on XP-Pro seems the worst. I get anywhere between 2 to 3 column. It also varies between search results, manufacturers and categories. However, the xgear DEMO store displays correctly.
The demo store is using like a magnifying feature on large images. I can't make this work. It may be another module you need to buy?
On product pages, when there are "product classes" assigned for comparison, the button "Add To List..." brings up a sub menu which doesn't look pretty.
There is a nice "To Wish List" button but I think you forgot to format the "To comparison list" button.
It just displays text. xCart out of the box displays a box for the "To comparison list".
Also, I recommend to put the "product classes" in a tab. When displaying many class fields, the entire layout starts overlapping other elements.
Product template for products with "product classes" create java script errors.
When a "0" price is set, expect the products.tpl to overlap other elements, specifically the comparison buttons.
Overall, the template is surprisingly fast. We are on a dedicated server with Handson.

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
xCMS, Create-A-Sale, On-Sale AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z BCSE, Product-Bundle BCSE, Pre-Order BCSE, Customer Quotes BCSE
Old 07-23-2012, 02:58 PM

eXpert

When you click on "ask a question about this product" a pop-up window appears.
Unfortunately, the "x" for closing the window on the top RH corner is missing.
Anyone else having issues with this template and or developer ?

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
xCMS, Create-A-Sale, On-Sale AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z BCSE, Product-Bundle BCSE, Pre-Order BCSE, Customer Quotes BCSE
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4