Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

3.4.0 Released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 05-09-2003, 10:13 PM

X-Adept

WOW!!!

Huge and much needed improvements. Thanks X-Cart team

I think I will do a seperate new install to test from off a seperate DB and get modded to my design as there is such a change I think I will need to live with this one for a while in a non live environment- images in the filesystem YA!

I also noticed that it says that a new sessions system is implemented. Will this fix the php_sessions table from becoming corrupted? It has been killing my cart every other day or so an I have had to watch it like a hawk.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:42 AM

X-Guru

Default WARNING !!

BE WARNED !!

If you already have a version of xcart up and running dont delete the whole thing and start over with V3.4.0 or any brand new version for that matter. Its always best to try a setup in a new folder and a new database first to see how things go.

Theres no point closing down your business unless you know that things are gonna work right in your server environment.

Im not saying V3.4.0 does not work but there are many variations in server setups and any new version can contain problems that dont come to light untill its released to the public.

If you do come across any problems then dont forget to include your server setup information in your post

Good Luck

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 05-10-2003, 03:38 PM

Default :(

I'm very sad... At this moment I'm finishing one store based on xcart 3.3.5 and now I see that there is new version... I've made a lot of changes and now as I see I'll have to do it again....
Old 05-10-2003, 03:43 PM

X-Man

I too have a 3.3.5 store that just recently went live.

You should not feel any pressure to upgrade unless the latest version has features that your store absolutely must have.

3.3.5 is now the "stable" release. 3.4.0 is bound to have bugs and issues. I wouldn't advise rushing off to upgrade until there is a compelling reason to do so.

Old 05-11-2003, 09:09 AM

X-Man

Has anyone managed to install and successfully run Xcart 3.4.0 on PHP versions LESS than PHP 4.3.1?

So far we've only heard of people being able to install and have it working on PHP 4.3.1 version below this seem to result in White screens for customer and admin areas.

I've had success on a server that runs PHP 4.3.1 and failure on a server with PHP 4.2.1 (which xcart 3.3.5 works happily on)
Old 05-11-2003, 10:25 AM

eXpert

I am running it successfully on PHP Version 4.2.3
Old 05-14-2003, 12:07 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by POSDepot
Quote:
Mon Apr 14 17:18:00 MSD 2003[*] - sdg - Product Configurator 1.1 is modified: multiwizards, wizard icons, types icons are improved.

I have no idea what this is? Anyone?

Randy

X-Configurator is a module for X-Cart. It is available for $95. It allows you to sell products which are built from a set of products (like personal computers). The module can handle situations like "This Athlon motherboard will work with Athlon CPU only; this DIMM will work work with the listed motherboards only, etc...". You can find more info on the module at http://www.x-cart.com/. We will set up a demo shortly.

Twitter: @aznakai
Old 05-14-2003, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Wed Feb 5 14:00:00 MSK 2003[*] - svowl - Function 'func_change_order_status' allows the admin to set up any order status now.

Any know where I can actually find the functionality to set up new order statuses? I am assuming that this enhancement will allow me to change the "Queued", "Not Finished"... statuses to statuses that I need. Is this right? I hope so, if it is this rocks!
Old 05-16-2003, 06:35 AM

Advanced Member

Default Where in the file are is this?

I am doing a new install what file do I download? There is software distributives (nothing in there), updates (3 file in there), upgrades (13 files in there) and thats it. The tech support is in Russia I am in the USA. When I get up they are just getting off work, when I am in bed for 2 hours they are just getting to work. Does anyone know where I find the file for the initial install?
Old 05-16-2003, 06:48 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Where in the file are is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by escott
I am doing a new install what file do I download? There is software distributives (nothing in there), updates (3 file in there), upgrades (13 files in there) and thats it. The tech support is in Russia I am in the USA. When I get up they are just getting off work, when I am in bed for 2 hours they are just getting to work. Does anyone know where I find the file for the initial install?

The downloads should be located in your "Software distributives" section.

If it's not, and you feel it should be, I would use your personal "Message Board" to contact the X-Cart folks.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements