Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

LiteCommerce 2.2 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-06-2006, 04:15 PM

X-Man

2.2 does assist SEO. You can set a keyword meta tag and a description meta tag. You can even set the page title for products and categories. The title tag especially helps SEO. These additional fields can be imported in the product import. So the short answer to your question is yes.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:42 PM

Advanced Member

Default ver 2.2 updated froogle google base?

Hello,

I am wondering if ver 2.2 deals with the froogle switchover to google base?

anybody know anything??

http://www.hookahkings.com
Old 07-14-2006, 02:00 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff
Quote:
Originally Posted by overkenny
May be picky but the demo store does not validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional.

There are a lot of add-on modules enabled at our demo store, that's why the demo store does not pass a validation.
All modules shall be updated in the future.

actually it still fails without any addons. You forgot a valid doc declaration.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:17 PM

Advanced Member

Default 2.1.2 -> 2.2.17 upgrade tool available

I noticed that the upgrade tool is now available in the qualiteam download area.

If I have alot of modules installed that I don't need or use, is it more advisable to do a clean install?

http://www.hookahkings.com
Old 07-17-2006, 10:50 AM

eXpert

Im going to do a clean install no matter the upgrade kit but I am also moving my store to the root directory. I dont think the old version is worth the time to upgrade it since i am doing this.
Using the upgrade kit to try to fix v2.1 would be comperable to putting a band-aid on the Titanic to keep it from sinking.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:16 PM

eXpert

Ran into a few things so far on the manual installation. I avoided using the windows installer because of all of the problems with the v2.1 one.

The install appeared to run smoothly and got the cart up but when I tried to add a product from the demo stuff I got a page not found php error for delivery.tpl. The file wasnt copied over when the skin installed, also was missing the classes/modules directory I had to manually add so I could try it with a module.

Also the cart validates as html 4.01 with the UPS module and the bestsellers module installed. A quick analysis shows the code is pretty bulky still though. There are 38 HTTP requests for the index page.

Qualiteam has this bad habit of taking an image for like the header of a box and splitting it into 2 or 3 seperate images for no reason. The column boxs arent resizeable so I dont see why the images are split up like that. Same thing for the search button. If the images were combined it would greatly reduce the number of HTTP requests.

Info: The total size of this page is 146134 bytes, which will load in 29.32 seconds on a 56Kbps modem.

This load time is with their demo stuff installed. Really its not bad for an online store but could be streamlined a bit more.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:33 PM

X-Cart team

Default LiteCommerce 2.2 build 21 released

LiteCommerce announcement: LiteCommerce 2.2 build 21 released

Quote:
Dear LiteCommerce customer,

We are glad to announce that a new version of the LiteCommerce (version 2.2 build 21) has been released.
The new version is now available for downloading in your File area along with the upgrade kit for upgrading LiteCommerce version 2.2.17 (2.2 build 17) to version 2.2.21 (2.2 build 21) (see "LiteCommerce upgrade notes" section below).

The new version includes:

* A lot of minor improvements and bugfixes;
* Check-up routines for disabled JavaScript and/or cookies in the user's browser;
* The ability to use commercial layout skins.

For a complete list of bug-fixes and improvements please refer to the CHANGELOG file in your LiteCommerce distribution.

Qualiteam Software thanks everyone who participated in the product testing, made feature requests and suggested improvements to LiteCommerce software.

LiteCommerce upgrade notes:

We highly recommend you to use the "Manual upgrade" procedure to upgrade your LiteCommerce store. The LiteCommerce Control Panel sometimes cannot finalize the upgrade procedure.

Best regards,
LiteCommerce team
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements