Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

LiteCommerce 2.2 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-03-2006, 06:32 AM

X-Cart team

Default LiteCommerce 2.2 released

We are glad to announce that the new version of the LiteCommerce (version 2.2) has been released.

Improvement suggestions collected for 2 years all done in v2.2
================================================== ====

The new LiteCommerce introduces numerous improvements over LiteCommerce v2.1 released almost two years ago. Close attention has been paid to PHP 5 compatibility, user interface and usability.
The release of LiteCommerce 2.2 is an answer to the technological challenges that have appeared on the e-Commerce market since the release of LiteCommerce 2.1. Support for PHP 5, W3C compatibility and other features designed to improve user experience make LiteCommerce 2.2 a solution that is perfectly up to date with the latest trends in the e-Commerce industry.

What's New in LiteCommerce v2.2
================================================== ====

LiteCommerce v2.2 features an improved installer and compatibility with PHP 5. It also brings numerous enhancements to the functionality and the user interface of the Administrator and Customer Zones.

The following is a brief summary of major changes introduced in LiteCommerce v2.2:
- Compatibility with PHP 5 added;
- Usability enhancements implemented to provide more user-friendly Administrator and Customer Zone interfaces;
- Improved installation mechanism introduced;
- Two beautiful W3C compliant design skins added;
- High-volume data processing procedures re-factored (Now LiteCommerce can effectively handle product catalogs of more than 10 000 products even on busy websites);
- Global extra fields mechanism completely re-designed;
- Taxation mechanism rewritten to correctly handle product prices that include VAT taxes;
- Shipping rate calculation mechanism improved to include additional shipping and handling charges for both standard and real-time shipping methods;
- Image handling improved;
- 'Free' shipping method introduced;
- Product import improved;
- New user interfaces, support for Solo and Maestro cards and JavaScript validation implemented for Credit Card handling procedures;
- Flexy template engine improved;
- Demo product set renewed;
- Kernel code modified to enable use of multi-tabbed dialogues in the Customer Zone;
- Summary of the store's general settings added in the Administrator Zone;
- Possibility to review the order history of a particular user implemented in the Administrator Zone;
- Support for MySQL persistent connections introduced.

In the new version, many inconsistencies have been resolved bringing numerous improvements in the following areas:
- Overall stability and security of the software;
- Compatibility with rarely used versions and configurations of PHP server software;
- Database import/export procedures;
- Stock management mechanisms;
- Membership selection and handling;
- Template Editor and HTML design import/export functionality;
- Forgotten password recovery functionality;
- Checkout procedures, etc.

For a complete list of bug-fixes and improvements please refer to the CHANGELOG file in your LiteCommerce distribution.

Qualiteam Software thanks everyone who participated in the product testing, made feature requests and suggested improvements to LiteCommerce software.

Best regards,
LiteCommerce team
Old 07-03-2006, 07:26 AM

Default Re: LiteCommerce 2.2 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff
We are glad to announce that the new version of the LiteCommerce (version 2.2) has been released.

I'm assuming we have to wait for something new to show up in our file area? Right now, it still says NOT FOR LIVE STORES!

Rida

(not that I'm in a hurry or anything...)

Ver 2.2 build 35 (upgraded)
Modules installed: promotion, gift certificates, auto-update, wholesale trading, inventory, product options, gift certificates, newsletters, egoods, ecommerce reports, AOM, greet visitors, details images, best sellers, featured products, multi-catagories, HTML catalog, showcase organizer, payment gateway.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:42 AM

X-Man

Does it include an upgrade pack
Old 07-03-2006, 07:57 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by draumr
Quote:

I'm assuming we have to wait for something new to show up in our file area? Right now, it still says NOT FOR LIVE STORES!

Thanks, that was a small quirk... (the comment for LC 2.2 beta was not removed)
Old 07-03-2006, 08:00 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulture
Does it include an upgrade pack

It doesn't, we're planning to release an upgrade pack for LC SP2 in the nearest future.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by draumr
Quote:

Thanks, that was a small quirk... (the comment for LC 2.2 beta was not removed)

Okay, thanks.

But...no upgrade pack? We have to start from a scratch install and redo everything?

Ver 2.2 build 35 (upgraded)
Modules installed: promotion, gift certificates, auto-update, wholesale trading, inventory, product options, gift certificates, newsletters, egoods, ecommerce reports, AOM, greet visitors, details images, best sellers, featured products, multi-catagories, HTML catalog, showcase organizer, payment gateway.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:00 PM

X-Man

So 2.2 for new installs only for now. 2.1 users have to wait for the newbies to test it eh? Pity. My 2.2 site has only a small amount of traffic, the 2.1 site I have would really test it. As it is we may not be able to fully advise 2.2 newbies as they will get there first!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:26 PM

Advanced Member

Just got LC 2.1 installed a few days ago... (you'd think they'd have given me the new one)... and saw today that 2.2 was released, and it was in my File Area, with no "Not for Live Stores" warning... so I went ahead and downloaded it. Trying to upload manually right now, as the installer keeps konking out on me. Will I have to upgrade my modules? or should those be good as is? Sorry, newbie here.
X-SpecialOffers
X-Magnifier
Old 07-03-2006, 03:32 PM

X-Man

The beta installer kept conking out too, I would have thought they would have fixed it.

Are you trying to install on top of the 2.1. I dont know if thay would work. A clean install on its own database would be better. The latest version of every module you have would be needed.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:08 PM

I using version 2.2 Beta1- how do I upgrade to 2.2?
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements