Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.10 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-12-2005, 10:00 PM

X-Cart team

Default X-Cart 4.0.10 released

X-Cart 4.0.10 is now in your File area along with the upgrade kits that will take you from X-Cart 4.0.9 to 4.0.10

Here is the changelog:

Quote:
----------------- X-CART v4.0.10 RELEASED

Wed Jan 12 14:48:57 MSK 2005 [!] - mclap - Bug: The order was lost when payment via PayZip Web2Web payment processor was not finished. Fixed.

Wed Jan 12 14:46:51 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: A customer could add a product from his wishlist to the cart with a bigger amount than there was in stock; the quantity of a product with variants displayed on the Subcategories page was wrong. Fixed.

Wed Jan 12 10:27:48 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: Shipping method updating on the Cart/Checkout page failed if the option "allow_update_quantity_in_cart" was disabled. Fixed.

Tue Jan 11 17:13:04 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The service data for AuthorizeNet payment module (for Subscriptions module) is displaying in corrupted format. Fixed.

Tue Jan 11 16:06:09 MSK 2005[*] - mclap - Support of Australian Dollars (AUD) to the PayPal payment processor is added.

Tue Jan 11 10:49:02 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: If list price is specified as '00.00' the javascript error happens in the browser since javascript code doesn't recognize this as a numeric value. Fixed.

Mon Jan 10 15:37:13 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: If the shipping address fields are defined as an optional fields the first and last name fields in the shipping address section on the anonymous checkout displayed with asterisks and customer was required to fill it in anyway. Fixed.

Mon Jan 10 12:34:20 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The shop statistics was not displayed for the subcategories because of the error in regexp. Fixed.

Mon Jan 10 12:05:15 MSK 2005 [!] - mclap - Bug: The second address line of billing and shipping addresses didn't passed to ePDQ payment gateway. Fixed.

Mon Jan 10 11:40:50 MSK 2005[*] - mclap - Improvement in PayPal payment module: When transaction is not completed by PayPal payment gateway (e.g. payment_status is 'Pending') the order will be queued.

Thu Jan 06 17:42:13 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The global definitions for start year and end year weren't used in the search returns form so it was impossible to find out information about returns created before 2005 year after January, 1, 2005. Fixed.

Thu Jan 06 16:07:49 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The product quantity in the customer area in some circumstances reflected the main product quantity at the time it should reflect the product variant quantity. Fixed.

Wed Jan 05 17:19:45 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: When updating Gift Certificate by clicking 'Modify' link in the cart and this GC was the first in the cart items list then the field values of the 'Gift Certificate details' form wasn't populated.

Wed Jan 05 14:59:00 MSK 2005 [!] - svowl - Bug: The shipping methods with defined weight limit were displayed in dropdown box in the cart even if total weight of all products exceeds this limit. Fixed.

Wed Jan 05 14:52:08 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The content of CSV files exported from X-Cart displayed in the browser window in the Safary browser (MacOS). Fixed.

Wed Jan 05 12:00:20 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The response from Netbilling payment gateway about some error types wasn't correctly processed in the payment module and customer didn't saw the correct error message after checkout. Fixed.

Wed Jan 05 11:27:00 MSK 2005 [!] - svowl - Bug: The ordered products list was not passed to PayZip payment gateway by the correct way that causes the products weren't displayed on the PayZip side. Fixed.

Wed Jan 05 11:01:17 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The export products CSV file was not imported back to X-Cart because of the error in the PRICE/CATEGORY columns data.

Wed Jan 05 10:20:57 MSK 2005 [!] - max - Bug: The javascript code for CC expiration date validation was failed with error in case if expiration date field contained value '08' or '09'. Fixed.

Tue Jan 04 11:17:16 MSK 2005 [!] - mclap - Bug: country does not show at Register/Modify profile page when country name does not defined for currently selected language. Fixed.

Thu Dec 30 09:59:45 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: After product deleting, some related information regarding product variants was not deleted from the database. Fixed.

Wed Dec 29 17:15:00 MSK 2004 [!] - svowl - Bug: If the tax application formula for PST was described as 'DST+GST' (e.g. for Prince Edward Island and Quebec provinces), then GST was used without shipping cost consideration. Fixed.

Wed Dec 29 16:01:05 MSK 2004 [!] - mclap - Bug: Transactions' data was sent to an incorrect URL in BluePay payment processor. Fixed.

Wed Dec 29 14:16:59 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: An error occurred when an attempt was made to import product options with empty <JScode> XML-tag. Fixed.

Wed Dec 29 12:02:26 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: If any skin was installed in the shop, the look of the Search results section on the Users page in Admin area was affected by the skin. Fixed.

Tue Dec 28 17:31:46 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: Multilanguage product descriptions could not be saved with HTML tags. Fixed.

Tue Dec 28 17:09:47 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: The work of Browser enviroment detection script was unstable if the result row transmitted in GET parameter was longer than 360 symbols. Fixed.

Tue Dec 28 14:19:27 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: "button" templates (Authentication page in admin area) were wrongly included in Crystal Blue skin. Fixed.

Tue Dec 28 13:54:30 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: The maximum quantity of a configurable product was wrongly defined in the quantity selectbox on the Summary page (Customer area). Fixed.

Tue Dec 28 11:46:20 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: JS script (for Product options module) on the Product details page did not work if the product was a configurable one. Fixed.

Tue Dec 28 11:31:55 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: Errors occurred on the Register page ('States' select box was displayed in a wrong way, etc) if a user whose original user profile contained information about a state with the symbol "'" in the name attempted to modify his profile. Fixed.

Tue Dec 28 10:22:16 MSK 2004[*] - max - Modification in SkipJack payment module: data format check is added.

Mon Dec 27 13:51:54 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: Configurable products could not be cloned or deleted on the Product configurator page in Provider area. Fixed.

Mon Dec 27 11:18:21 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: JS error occurred on the Register page if the name of some state in the selectbox had special characters in it. Fixed.

Mon Dec 27 10:25:28 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: When "orderby" fields were edited on the Upselling products page, the modifications were applied not only to the current product, but the other products with links to affected upselling products as well. Fixed.

Mon Dec 27 09:42:47 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: The field "Billing address (line 2)" was never displayed in the Order invoice in plain text mode because there was no checkup procedure which could detect it. Fixed.

Fri Dec 24 17:33:35 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: Gift certificate functionality caused failures with PHP 5.0.x. Fixed.

Fri Dec 24 16:10:36 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: Product categories were not properly updated for configurable products (you could assign a configurable product to more categories, but it remained assigned to the old categories - which could not be altered). Fixed.

Fri Dec 24 15:44:32 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug in X-AOM: If an attempt was made to save an order which contained the same product twice (in fact, different variants of the same product) in X-AOM, an SQL error occurred and only the first of the two variants was saved. Fixed.

Fri Dec 24 14:56:29 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug in Froogle export: Only first 100 products were exported into Froogle. Fixed.

Fri Dec 24 11:54:29 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: Proxy IP in Antifraud module was defined in a wrong way if more than one proxy was used. Fixed.

Fri Dec 24 11:45:00 MSK 2004 [!] - svowl - Bug: A wrong order total was displayed on the order modification page (X-AOM) when product prices included tax (actual for European VAT and Australian GST taxing system). Fixed.

Fri Dec 24 11:37:32 MSK 2004[*] - max - Modification in X-Affiliate: Partner orders page is changed (new status "Approved" is added).

Fri Dec 24 11:15:31 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug in product variants: If the quantity of some product variant was negative, the product in general was considered out of stock. Fixed.

Fri Dec 24 10:14:12 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug in the Search section of the Banner statistics page (X-Affiliate): When there were no registered partners, an empty line entry (along with 'All') appeared in the drop-down box where partner names were supposed to be listed. Fixed.

Thu Dec 23 17:54:59 MSK 2004[*] - max - Modification in NetBanx payment module: NetBanx reference number is now displayed on the Invoice page (Customer area).

Thu Dec 23 16:00:12 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: Subcategory pages were displayed in a wrong way with Fancy categories module enabled. Fixed.

Thu Dec 23 15:51:00 MSK 2004[*] - svowl - Improvement: On the product details page (customer area) meta tags based on the product title and short description are used.

Wed Dec 22 17:46:00 MSK 2004 [!] - svowl - Bug: The user-defined shipping methods were displayed in the shipping methods dropdown box on the 'Shipping markups' page when 'UPS OnLine Tools' module is enabled. Fixed.

Wed Dec 22 11:57:41 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: Information about the language selected for the admin/provider front-end as preferred was not saved in the user profile (When an admin/provider user selected a non-English language for his interface, logged out, and logged in again after some time, the language of his interface was English again). Fixed.

Wed Dec 22 11:40:22 MSK 2004[*] - max - Improvement in the way product international descriptions are edited: now the editing is done in accordance with 4.0.x standards (languages are selected from a dropdown box at the top of the form, letters are entered as letter characters instead of symbol codes which makes international descriptions searchable).

Tue Dec 21 11:49:44 MSK 2004[*] - mclap - Improvement of the function func_allowed_path: when running under Windows, arguments are now converted to lower case for correct comparison.

Mon Dec 20 12:25:00 MSK 2004 [!] - svowl - Bug: The shipping cost was not recalculated correctly when some of the ordered products were marked as 'deleted' during order modification (X-AOM). Fixed.

Mon Dec 20 12:17:58 MSK 2004[*] - mclap - Improvement in Canada Post shipping module: insured value is replaced by discounted_subtotal.

Mon Dec 20 09:43:55 MSK 2004 [!] - max - Bug: The categories list was not sorted out by category name on the 'Advanced search' page (if Fancy Categories add-on was enabled). Fixed.

----------------- X-CART v4.0.9 RELEASED

Thank you.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:59 PM

Advanced Member

OMG, it is going to take me forever to change the permissions on all these files... I hope it is well worth it.

Thank you for the update.
MySQL client 4.1.20
Web server Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008005
Old 01-13-2005, 02:01 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryN
OMG, it is going to take me forever to change the permissions on all these files... I hope it is well worth it.

Thank you for the update.

read posts in upgrade forum / forum faq & server forum for tips on doing things quicker

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 01-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Advanced Member

Umm, well I managed to get the permissions changed easy enough, but when I run the patch, it seems to time out... Thanks though.
MySQL client 4.1.20
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008005
Old 01-14-2005, 07:23 AM

OMG ...I just finished my 2 sites wtih 4.0.9 yesterday by spending almost a month to customize it ...now 4.0.10 is released....I am nervous

Bugs after bugs ...when is it going to be stable. One thing I don't think X-cart developers understand or don't know that their product is being used by web developers to our clients, so everytime there is an update, we need to update our clients website, and if we update our client website, it cost us time to do it. And our clients are computer illiterate, they don't know why they have to pay more money every month to have us udpate the fixes.

Because I can tell you that, 4.0.10 is not a final one. There will be more and more. It is not I don't appreciate for the fixes, but it just bugs me all the time.
MySQL server 5
Old 01-14-2005, 07:34 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi
OMG ...I just finished my 2 sites wtih 4.0.9 yesterday by spending almost a month to customize it ...now 4.0.10 is released....I am nervous

Bugs after bugs ...when is it going to be stable. One thing I don't think X-cart developers understand or don't know that their product is being used by web developers to our clients, so everytime there is an update, we need to update our clients website, and if we update our client website, it cost us time to do it. And our clients are computer illiterate, they don't know why they have to pay more money every month to have us udpate the fixes.

Because I can tell you that, 4.0.10 is not a final one. There will be more and more. It is not I don't appreciate for the fixes, but it just bugs me all the time.

This is why your told to use the stable version if this is a problem or make it known to your client at the beginninng that updates will happen or budget this into your project to start.

also if your clients store is not broken then you dont need to upgrade

just keep an eye on what the upgrades are fixing

no one uses 100% of xcart features

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 01-14-2005, 07:42 AM

Veteran

The solution to this is to install the 'stable' version for your clients so that you don't have to keep patching/upgrading them.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:50 PM

Advanced Member

Not to be pessimistic, but Б─°stable versionБ─² doesnБ─≥t seem to mean that much around here. The Б─°stable branchБ─² has been plagued by as many bugs as the 4.0.x branch. You still have to continually update due to bugs no matter what branch you are using, or at least until you come to a version that doesnБ─≥t have bugs that affect you specifically. I mean, 3.4.x didnБ─≥t really get what I would consider worthy of being called Б─°stableБ─² until like 3.4.12 or so. It looks like it will be the same story for 3.5.x. I suspect after about 14 or so releases of 4.0.x, it might become stable.

Honestly, I think this stable branch thing is a bit deceiving. Just because it is called a stable branch, doesnБ─≥t mean there wonБ─≥t be umpteen more upgrades with a whole butt load of fixes that affect a lot of people. I think the 4.0.x branch shouldnБ─≥t have been released until now, when 3.5.x is actually becoming a mature, stable release and relatively few updates will need to be released for it. I only pray this will happen with 4.0.x so that when it is actually stable, THEN and only then the next development branch come out. That way when you say you have a stable and a development branch, the Б─°stableБ─² branch really is stable and few or no updates will be needed after that point. I think this would create considerably a lot less frustration for those of us that have tried to use either branch, just to be plagued by errors either way.
MySQL client 4.1.20
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008005
Old 01-14-2005, 03:38 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryN
Not to be pessimistic, but Б─°stable versionБ─² doesnБ─≥t seem to mean that much around here. The Б─°stable branchБ─² has been plagued by as many bugs as the 4.0.x branch. You still have to continually update due to bugs no matter what branch you are using, or at least until you come to a version that doesnБ─≥t have bugs that affect you specifically. I mean, 3.4.x didnБ─≥t really get what I would consider worthy of being called Б─°stableБ─² until like 3.4.12 or so. It looks like it will be the same story for 3.5.x. I suspect after about 14 or so releases of 4.0.x, it might become stable.

Honestly, I think this stable branch thing is a bit deceiving. Just because it is called a stable branch, doesnБ─≥t mean there wonБ─≥t be umpteen more upgrades with a whole butt load of fixes that affect a lot of people. I think the 4.0.x branch shouldnБ─≥t have been released until now, when 3.5.x is actually becoming a mature, stable release and relatively few updates will need to be released for it. I only pray this will happen with 4.0.x so that when it is actually stable, THEN and only then the next development branch come out. That way when you say you have a stable and a development branch, the Б─°stableБ─² branch really is stable and few or no updates will be needed after that point. I think this would create considerably a lot less frustration for those of us that have tried to use either branch, just to be plagued by errors either way.

this argument over stable branch / development branch could and has gone on forever. its not only xcart that uses this method. http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/ with so many variables in the software every branch will always need upgrades as time goes by. Its down to your own preference what you use. Ive been using V4 for ages on stores without any problems. each stores needs are different as are the servers they are used on so each case is different.

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 01-14-2005, 04:38 PM

I'm going live with ver 4.0.9 as soon as Qualteam upgrades and transfers my DB over from the old server to the new one. As soon as I submitted the request and paid the invoice, ver 4.0.10 was released. After looking through the change log, there were only 3 or 4 items that affected me - and all of them were minor. If I found something major, I would abandon 4.0.9 and start with ver 4.0.10. Or forget 4.X alltogether and use 3.5.12.

Ver 4.0.9 will be my 3rd X-cart installation in about 18 months, give or take. The only way I can see using X-cart successfully is to pick a version and stick with it, at least until a significant upgrade has been provided. Constant upgrades and patches - every couple of weeks - would have me spending more time administering my shopping cart, rather than concentrating on my business.

X-cart's new commitment to stability is encouraging, but I doubt highly that new versions being released every 3 to 5 weeks will ever stop.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements