Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.9 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-23-2004, 12:33 AM

eXpert

For someone that seems to have been here so long, and for someone with a such a negative attitude towards this software, I am amazed you are still here.

There is never a finishing point with any software development and every release will require bugs and patches, why is it you have such a downer on X-Cart?
Old 12-23-2004, 03:58 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
For someone that seems to have been here so long, and for someone with a such a negative attitude towards this software, I am amazed you are still here.

There is never a finishing point with any software development and every release will require bugs and patches, why is it you have such a downer on X-Cart?
If you read the bugs forum, and the changelog I think it should all be apparent.

When you are live, and have a lot (A LOT) of money invested in developing your store, walking away is not an option. If it was, you can bet I would.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:39 AM

eXpert

You shouldnt judge a Forum Member by his posts.

We already have бё1000's invested in X-Cart after moving from OSCommerce which we spent бё10,000's on.
All these years we have been in business we only ever invest in something that will work, and X-Cart does.
It has more features than anything available off the shelf, and the only way to beat it would be to pay thousands upon thousands on either in house developers or an outsourced developer.

Sure it's buggy, what software isnt?!
Hell we have all put up with Microshaft for years!!

The net is an ever changing ever moving industry, the software changes, the internet changes, servers change that is the way of the world, so you have to move with it.
I can point you in the direction of a forum with soooo many extremely(!) irritated customers who cant get a date for the next release of this particular software, because the developers will not release it until they feel it is bug free, at this rate they will be out of business before that happens.

X-Cart at least give you the ability to look at it, test and even use it in BETA. And they release updates every 3-4 weeks, to me that is tremendous and shows their huge devotion to this project.
I just don't follow why negative comments on every other post helps anyone? Do you?

I thought the Rants n Raves Forum was for that?
Old 12-23-2004, 07:53 AM

X-Man

I never questioned your post count or experience. I tried to explain my way of thinking.

If you would like to continue this discussion, I think it would be best to take it to PM. I have no interest in engaging in a public debate with you.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:01 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpboss
If you would like to continue this discussion, I think it would be best to take it to PM. I have no interest in engaging in a public debate with you.
Indeed, but I dont think it is required.

Is it just possible that the negative comments be left out if they are not relevant?
Navigating the forums for particular information can be hard enuff without having to filter out unneccessary posts...

I honestly mean no offence, I just am asking.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:06 AM

X-Man

I'm sorry that you judge my posts unnecessary. We will have to chalk this up to a difference of opinion.

Feel free to skim past them.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:11 AM

eXpert

{skimming mode enabled}

Old 12-27-2004, 01:20 AM

X-Adept

For all who are afraid to go live with 4.x - we have been live with 4.0.6 through 4.0.8 and although each release has been somewhat better, some actually took us back. Like the image problems when we upgraded from 4.0.7 to 4.0.8, but X-Cart was more than happy to fix this for us and provided many detailed instructions for some minor issues which would probably not affect everyone.

I appreciate X-Cart's help and have a wonderful 4.0.8 site that is live and bringing in revenue. There were and continue to be minor issues, but I suspect that anyone who desires to use a developing application for a feature set that is needed, might well consider it a good investment in some service points/subscription.

The one gripe I have at this point, is that I keep getting order notifications for "Failed" orders. We never received these in previous versions and it is quite annoying as the order notifications go directly to vendors who have to figure out that multiple orders are invalid. What good is the PRO version is partners can get accurate info? Anyway, I trust that X-Cart will fix this as soon as possible. Then I would consider the platform stable enough. As soon as it works, we'll stop worrying about upgrades, but for now ... 4.0.8 has been fine and works overall.

- mike
Old 12-27-2004, 07:23 AM

Advanced Member

Default Failed orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mffowler
The one gripe I have at this point, is that I keep getting order notifications for "Failed" orders. We never received these in previous versions and it is quite annoying as the order notifications go directly to vendors who have to figure out that multiple orders are invalid. What good is the PRO version is partners can get accurate info? Anyway, I trust that X-Cart will fix this as soon as possible. Then I would consider the platform stable enough. As soon as it works, we'll stop worrying about upgrades, but for now ... 4.0.8 has been fine and works overall.

- mike

What type of failure are you having. I know I had order failures at first also and found out I enabled Anti-fraud module with out configuring it. Check your order and read what type of failure you received. Check your module configuration for Anti-Fraud.

Bob
MySQL server 4.1.22-Standard
Perl 5.008
Old 12-27-2004, 09:08 AM

I've been using X-Cart since June or July, 2003. 4.0.9 will be my third version used "live". Rather than perform periodic upgrades, I've stuck with what seems to be a stable version at the time and ran with it until newer (stable) versions were released.

I've never been brave enough to perform periodic upgrades. That would've meant spending more time maintaining software rather than concentrating on my buisiness. I simply (clean) install the newer version on a different server, configure and customize, move my data, and then transfer my domain with the host.

Any other strategy for my business - as it is, specifically using X-Cart - would do more harm than good.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements