Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.12 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-01-2005, 11:34 AM

My server did not have PHP5 installed correctly, reistalled and works fine.

PHP:
MySQL server:
5.5.5-10.0.27-MariaDB-cll-lve  (InnoDB engine support enabled)
Web server:
Apache
Operating system:
Linux
XML parser:
found
GDLib:
found (0)
Translation driver:
Database
Curl version:
Old 03-01-2005, 02:08 PM

Do I need to use PHP5 for X-cart 4.0.12 ??

====================
Mac OSX Server 10.3.8
Apache 1.3.9
PHP 4.3.10
MYSQL 4.0.24
X-Cart 4.0.12 (PRO)
X-AOM
X-RMA
X-Aff

http://www.anthill.com.au
Old 03-01-2005, 04:20 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon1663
Do I need to use PHP5 for X-cart 4.0.12 ??

In short, NO

I would go with 4.10 right now and wait for a while on 5
Old 03-05-2005, 06:40 AM

Advanced Member

Default Checksum error

Hi there. This is the first time I've done any kind of upgrade to Xcart. I just tried upgrading from 4.0.11 to this 4.0.12 and got a whole slew of checksum errors. Therefore the upgrade could not happen. I couldn't find any information as to what I should do next. The files affected don't seem to be part of the upgrade files.

I should mention I had the Xcart staff install Xcart for me, in case that makes a difference.

What do I do next? I'm in a time crunch, of course, as I wanted to launch my website a few days ago. (people are starting to talk )

Suggestions? Oh, and I think it says in my sig that I'm on a Windows platform. I unzipped the files on my local machine and uploaded via FTP. Permissions seem to already be set, but maybe I missed something. I'm new to Windows platform, I was formerly on a UNIX (hosting company couldn't deliver so I moved).

Thanks in advance!

www.vidaville.com
Xcart Gold 4.0.16
platform - Windows
Old 03-05-2005, 05:00 PM

to fix checksum errors from the top of my head are:
- upload via "binary" not ASCI
or
- change file CHMOD to 777

if not please refer to xcart help v.4
or forum serach and put "checksum error" with quotation symbols.

Or let me know i will try on my end.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Checksum Errors

If your ftp client is not set to binary the files will give those errors everytime. Don't know if the CHMOD works or not as I didn't try it.

What I did do was upload the compressed file and then use cPanel to uncompress it. Upgrade worked perfectly from there except for the usual cannot be patched messages.
XCART 4.0.12
Old 03-09-2005, 08:47 AM

Advanced Member

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I found out from the Xcart staff that I had unzipped the files incorrectly on my harddrive. Apparently when you unzip the files using WinZip, you have to go to Options >> Configuration, click on "Miscellaneous" tab and turn OFF the "TAR file smart CR/LF conversion".

After I unzipped the files with that setting, and uploaded the files in BINARY mode, all worked fine.

Hope that helps others experiencing the same problem.

I should mention, by the way, that even though I did ALL kinds of modifications to the templates, the upgrade did not mess with them. Thought some may be worried about that, as I was. You should still do a back up of your xcart files and database just in case, though.

www.vidaville.com
Xcart Gold 4.0.16
platform - Windows
Old 03-11-2005, 09:23 AM

X-Guru

Add a product with an option to the cart, upon clicking edit options window appears and just auto closes. I have my google toolbar allowing popups so its not a popup blocker issue, and its happening with FireFox as well, can anyone else confirm?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:33 AM

X-Adept

i have FF 1.0.1

usng xcart 4.0.12.

I am able to edit options in the pop up and submit fine.
No issue here.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:57 AM

Advanced Member

Default upgrade error from 4.0.3 pro to 4.0.12 pro

I have tried to upgraded 4.0.3 pro to 4.0.12, big error occurs, anyone knows why it happened?

INVALID SQL: 1054 : Unknown column 'subscribe' in 'where clause'
SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM xcart_newslists WHERE avail = 'Y' AND subscribe = 'Y'
INVALID SQL: 1072 : Key column 'protocol' doesn't exist in table
SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT paymentid FROM xcart_payment_methods USE INDEX (protocol) WHERE protocol = 'https'

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pictureh/public_html/store/include/func.php:137) in /home/pictureh/public_html/store/referer.php on line 61
INVALID SQL: 1072 : Key column 'code' doesn't exist in table
SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT xcart_languages.code, xcart_countries.*, lng_c.value as country, lng_l.value as language FROM xcart_languages USE INDEX (code), xcart_countries, xcart_languages as lng_c, xcart_languages as lng_l WHERE lng_c.name = CONCAT('country_', xcart_countries.code) AND lng_c.code = 'US' AND lng_l.code = 'US' AND lng_l.name = CONCAT('language_', xcart_countries.code) AND xcart_languages.code=xcart_countries.code GROUP BY xcart_languages.code ORDER BY xcart_languages.code
INVALID SQL: 1072 : Key column 'code' doesn't exist in table
SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT xcart_languages.code, xcart_countries.*, lng_c.value as country, lng_l.value as language FROM xcart_languages USE INDEX (code), xcart_countries, xcart_languages as lng_c, xcart_languages as lng_l WHERE lng_c.name = CONCAT('country_', xcart_countries.code) AND lng_c.code = 'US' AND lng_l.code = 'US' AND lng_l.name = CONCAT('language_', xcart_countries.code) AND xcart_languages.code=xcart_countries.code GROUP BY xcart_languages.code ORDER BY xcart_languages.code
INVALID SQL: 1146 : Table 'pictureh_store2.xcart_categories_subcount' doesn't exist
SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT xcart_categories.categoryid,xcart_categories.paren tid,xcart_categories.categoryid_path,xcart_categor ies.category,xcart_categories.product_count,xcart_ categories.avail,xcart_categories.order_by,IF(xcar t_categories_lng.category != '', xcart_categories_lng.category, xcart_categories.category) as category,xcart_categories_subcount.subcategory_cou nt, xcart_categories_subcount.product_count,IF(xcart_i cons.image != '','Y','') as is_icon FROM xcart_categories USE INDEX (am) LEFT JOIN xcart_categories_lng USE INDEX (PRIMARY) ON xcart_categories_lng.code='US' AND xcart_categories_lng.categoryid=xcart_categories.c ategoryid LEFT JOIN xcart_categories_subcount USE INDEX (PRIMARY) ON xcart_categories_subcount.categoryid = xcart_categories.categoryid AND xcart_categories_subcount.membership = xcart_categories.membership LEFT JOIN xcart_icons ON xcart_categories.categoryid = xcart_icons.categoryid WHERE xcart_categories.avail='Y' AND xcart_categories.membership IN('', '') GROUP BY xcart_categories.categoryid ORDER BY xcart_categories.order_by, xcart_categories.category
INVALID SQL: 1072 : Key column 'avail' doesn't exist in table
SQL QUERY FAILURE: SELECT * FROM xcart_manufacturers USE INDEX (avail) WHERE avail = 'Y' ORDER BY orderby LIMIT 10
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements