Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

UPS Module

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 05-30-2017, 03:16 PM

Advanced Member

Default UPS Module

Hello,

Is there any documentation on the UPS module?

I have a question regarding the package dimensions under the "Package Settings" section. Is that a maximum box size or is there an assumption the store will ship all items using a single box size, regardless of what items are purchased?

If it's a single box size, is an X-Cart 5 store owner's only option for real time shipping calculations to go through a service like AuctionInc's ShippingCalc?

Thank you!
X-Payments 3
Old 06-07-2017, 07:07 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: UPS Module

As far as I see in the source code, XC5 groups ordered products by weight into packages, and then uses these dimensions for each of these packages.

However, there is an exception: if you enable the "ship in a separate box" checkbox and specify custom dimensions for a product, this product won't be grouped and will be sent to the API along with these custom dimensions instead of those that are specified in the "Package settings" section.

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Old 02-15-2018, 05:40 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: UPS Module

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonTech
Hello,

Is there any documentation on the UPS module?

I have a question regarding the package dimensions under the "Package Settings" section. Is that a maximum box size or is there an assumption the store will ship all items using a single box size, regardless of what items are purchased?

If it's a single box size, is an X-Cart 5 store owner's only option for real time shipping calculations to go through a service like AuctionInc's ShippingCalc?

Thank you!

NoooB, but what I got from XCart support is that if you set the default box size to the largest box you ship (dims and weight) and the order exceeds either of those, it calculates a second box. For example, you ship a 16x12x12 box, the max weight it can hold is 20lbs, customer's order totals 22lbs, module prices one box @ 20 lbs, and on @ 2lbs.

If this is correct it really helps my store, as I know how many items will fit in each box, so now I just have to figure out a weight system for the items that will fit the box profile...
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)