Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDN or Cloudflare

X-Cart forums > Forum archive > Using X-Cart in my project > Need advice

Old 01-25-2017, 05:49 PM

Default Re: CDN or Cloudflare

I've been using CF and Xcart now for 4 years without any issues. You do have to set up some page rules to prevent it from caching the payment pages. (or set them up in a "payment domain" on a separate server which isn't part of your website, which is actually a bit more secure)

As far as your article goes, the same thing can be said about *ANY* CDN and *ANY* hosting service. The amusing thing about that article is the kind of incendiary language to "draw a conspiracy" around Cloudflare ..

Anyway if you don't like Cloudflare (for whatever reason) Try Incapsula I've used it as well .. Prefer CF but thats just a preference not a technical assessment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coolbaby
I have been trying to use Cloudflare, but it keeps shutting down my orders. It will not process Authorize.net payments. Customers get an error message to try a different payment method. Cloudflare said to use Page Rules to not cache the store. I did that and still sales stopped for 2 days with customer phone calls and complaints until I got it turned off completely. I read a post that Rocket Loader can interfere with some e-commerce stores, but losing sales has really scared me of even trying anything else.

I also read an article that worried me:

http://crimeflare.net:82/cfssl.html

They have a whole lot of scary information about Cloudflare.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:39 PM

eXpert

Are you using Authorize.net to process your credit cards? I did set up page rules as instructed by Cloudflare customer service for it to turn off for the entire x-cart directory, so it should have not been an issue on the payment page, yet it still prevented Authorize.net transactions. Gave an Unable to Process error. It was no doubt caused by Cloudflare as the moment I turned it off both times, it started processing with no error or issue.
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com

x-cart version 4.7.5 / Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 8/10 sometimes - Ideal Responsive Template
Old 03-27-2017, 07:37 PM

Yes, and I have been for years. However, I'm using Authorized via the XPayments system located on a separate "clearing house" server which clears for a couple of x-carts. Its also behind cloudflare, but the interface is an API rather than series of callouts so that might make a difference.

You DON"T want to turn off the entire xcart directory, that basically unprotected your cart. You just need the one URL added to the exception thats calling into Authorized.net. (I'm not familiure enough with the non-xpayment version, but if noone else can tell you I can go look in the code and likely figure out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coolbaby
Are you using Authorize.net to process your credit cards? I did set up page rules as instructed by Cloudflare customer service for it to turn off for the entire x-cart directory, so it should have not been an issue on the payment page, yet it still prevented Authorize.net transactions. Gave an Unable to Process error. It was no doubt caused by Cloudflare as the moment I turned it off both times, it started processing with no error or issue.
   X-Cart forums > Forum archive > Using X-Cart in my project > Need advice