Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Why are product filters appearing twice in sidebar for this category?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 07-05-2018, 05:37 AM

Advanced Member

Question Why are product filters appearing twice in sidebar for this category?

Our product filters/attributes are working fine, but for this particular category, they are appearing twice in the sidebar: once as filters with check boxes, and then repeated again below that under expanding tabs: https://dev.brewhaus.com/moonshine-still/

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?
Old 07-11-2018, 02:59 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Why are product filters appearing twice in sidebar for this category?

@Brewhaus,

Your test store is closed at the moment, so I cannot check the problem. Please, let me know once it is opened.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhaus
Our product filters/attributes are working fine, but for this particular category, they are appearing twice in the sidebar: once as filters with check boxes, and then repeated again below that under expanding tabs: https://dev.brewhaus.com/moonshine-still/

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?
Old 07-11-2018, 05:32 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Why are product filters appearing twice in sidebar for this category?

I just re-opened it for you. When I had it live all the time, it started coming up in Google searches, which we did not want because our existing website is live and we didn't want there to be confusion. Please let me know once you have looked at this so I can turn off the storefront ASAP.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:58 AM

eXpert

You could hide it with

.block-product-filter .filter.attributes { display: none; }
Old 07-11-2018, 05:59 AM

eXpert

But it looks like that sidebar menu is showing up because you have multiple product options for each category. So more than likely that's where it's being pulled from.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:29 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
I just re-opened it for you. When I had it live all the time, it started coming up in Google searches, which we did not want because our existing website is live and we didn't want there to be confusion. Please let me know once you have looked at this so I can turn off the storefront ASAP.

Can you send me the 'private link' via which I can see the closed storefront? You can find it in admin area:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/3483427/8cf9cccd47c5cf1226e1cc739610e237

It also seems that @mcupka is right about the reason of the problem:
Quote:
But it looks like that sidebar menu is showing up because you have multiple product options for each category. So more than likely that's where it's being pulled from.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:48 AM

Advanced Member

Yes, it is https://dev.brewhaus.com/?shopKey=275eef63534e77af9d21953bb711a250 . Also, We prefer the look up the top filters, where it automatically refreshes the page when you change the filter. Ideally, that is the filter that we want to be displayed on every category page, not the bottom one.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:46 AM

X-Cart team

Hi @Brewhaus,

I see the situation now. Your top filters are from Cloud Search & Cloud Filters module, while bottom ones are from Product Filter one. Just disable Product Filter module in your admin area and you will be good to go.

Tony

Quote:
Yes, it is https://dev.brewhaus.com/?shopKey=275eef63534e77af9d21953bb711a250 . Also, We prefer the look up the top filters, where it automatically refreshes the page when you change the filter. Ideally, that is the filter that we want to be displayed on every category page, not the bottom one.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)