Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Modifying order payment method
 
Reply
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-02-2018, 02:53 AM
 
amarquis amarquis is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 43
 

Default Modifying order payment method

As a vendor or an admin, when I receive an order that was created with an offline payment method (for example Cash on Delivery), I can modify the payment method in the admin area.

1) I can modify this information ONLY ONCE. Why is that?
2) If I modify the payment method to "PayPal Express Checkout" the system generates a transaction ID. And then?? What am I supposed to do to pay this order, as a customer? If I check my order as a customer, I don't see ANY way to proceed with the payment.
__________________
5.3.5.5
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2018, 02:05 AM
 
amarquis amarquis is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 43
 

Default Re: Modifying order payment method

Is there anything wrong with what I am asking or is everyone on holiday or... what's going on here?
__________________
5.3.5.5
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2018, 02:46 AM
  qualiteam's Avatar 
qualiteam qualiteam is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,226
 

Default Re: Modifying order payment method

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarquis
Is there anything wrong with what I am asking or is everyone on holiday or... what's going on here?


Hello.
This forum is not a official channel of tech support from X-Cart, and there is no guaranteed response time here or anything. This is a community forum, people check in when they can.


Read more about official X-Cart support here
* https://www.x-cart.com/ecommerce-support.html


Thank you.
__________________
Alex Solovev,
Qualiteam

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2018, 02:58 AM
 
amarquis amarquis is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 43
 

Default Re: Modifying order payment method

Yes, I figured this out already, thank you.

Still, I am a customer who paid a good amount of money for your product and if it was documented properly, then I wouldn't have to ask anything here.

I'll be more than happy if you just point me to the appropriate documentation section that explains how this works... I searched but wasn't able to find anything.
__________________
5.3.5.5
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:18 AM
  qualiteam's Avatar 
qualiteam qualiteam is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,226
 

Default Re: Modifying order payment method

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarquis
1) I can modify this information ONLY ONCE. Why is that?
This is probably a bug.
I would advise to report it to https://bt.x-cart.com.


Quote:
Originally Posted by amarquis
2) If I modify the payment method to "PayPal Express Checkout" the system generates a transaction ID. And then?? What am I supposed to do to pay this order, as a customer? If I check my order as a customer, I don't see ANY way to proceed with the payment.


Right now all you can do with that is to change the payment method for "informational purposes", but there is no way to proceed with that payment when you switch it from offline payment to online payment.
As far as I know this feature is planned to be implemented in near future.
__________________
Alex Solovev,
Qualiteam

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:19 AM
  qualiteam's Avatar 
qualiteam qualiteam is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,226
 

Default Re: Modifying order payment method

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarquis
Yes, I figured this out already, thank you.

Still, I am a customer who paid a good amount of money for your product and if it was documented properly, then I wouldn't have to ask anything here.

I'll be more than happy if you just point me to the appropriate documentation section that explains how this works... I searched but wasn't able to find anything.


There is a merchant knowledge base here.
* https://kb.x-cart.com/


Also there is a development guide here.
* https://devs.x-cart.com/


Hope it helps to some extent.
__________________
Alex Solovev,
Qualiteam

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:26 AM
 
amarquis amarquis is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 43
 

Default Re: Modifying order payment method

Thanks, I know where is your KB and DEVS documentation. Still there is nothing in there explaining how an order can be modified and what to expect when changing the payment method.

So, the system generates a PayPal transaction ID which has no purpose whatsoever. All right.

Regarding the "bug", I am sure that now that you are aware of it, you will take care of testing and registering it in your opened issues queue.

Thanks again for your valuable help.
__________________
5.3.5.5
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-09-2018, 02:39 AM
 
gregsonix gregsonix is offline
 

Newbie
  
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 3
 

Default Re: Modifying order payment method

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
Hello.
This forum is not a official channel of tech support from X-Cart, and there is no guaranteed response time here or anything. This is a community forum, people check in when they can.


Read more about official X-Cart support here
* https://www.x-cart.com/ecommerce-support.html


Thank you.

Best support to help but sometimes some message from me has missing
__________________
5.3
Reply With Quote
Reply
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > General questions (X-Cart 5)


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:57 AM.

   

 
X-Cart forums © 2001-2018