Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.3 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-11-2006, 09:19 AM

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.3 released

i do have to say the support from X-Cart and from members on here really is exeptional though

very fast and helpful - excellent community

Although 4.1.X should still be in BETA imho :/

oh and heres my 2 cents

Ive spent over $2000 on mods and required mucho tech support from various vendors

www.xcartmods.co.uk A+ - I tried a few xcart "experts" to help with problems. They were good with actual installation of mods but were a little slow and didn't really know how to fulfill custom requirements. I stumbled upon Phil at xcartmods.co.uk by complete accident. I needed a small job on our old site, I was so impressed with the speed of his work and the fact that he spent a good hour telling me the other things I should change on the site that I contracted him to do an entire new site. He was amazing, sometimes staying up with me till late to fix a problem, he changed things without even asking about it as he knew it would be better, recommended new ideas and addons, wrote every customization i requested and he spoke to me with respecta and we even became friends in the process. I recommend him to everyone and I dont do that lightly - A+++++ all the way - absolutley brilliant - my business is the better for his work - hire him now !! (lol you cant get a better kiss ass review than that - but its honest to god honest)

www.bcsengineering.com B+ (support can be slow but they do get back to you and the mods are awesome)

www.cartmods.com F - absolutley the most god awful support experience ive ever had - you have to threaten them with legal action and to their CC provider before they even responded to an email - let alone actually acted on the issues. They would get 1000% more business if they just kept the customer in the loop with a simple reply. I learned a hard lesson - most of the mods I bought from them were from other vendors such as BCSE anyway - however I will say this and its the only thing from them not getting an F- - the promo manager 2 mod is f'ing brilliant. But their support just left me with a very very sour taste in my mouth.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:09 PM

import language from server/home/url its possible in future version?
Old 09-16-2006, 03:19 PM

X-Adept

Not sure if this thread is the right place to post this or not.....But here it is.....

An improvement is needed on the last page of the checkout process. Take a look at the picture below. As you can see on this page, the "selected option" is not shown for any items with options. This will certainly cause confusions for many customers.

Can you please patch it up on the next release so that it would show the "selected option" for any items available with options? The last checkout page is the last place you would want to confuse customers and cause them to abandon the purchase.

(Viewing the shopping cart would show the items along with their "selected options". Not sure why X-cart did not include the "selected option" on the last checkout page)

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9445/mvp001jl8.jpg
Old 09-16-2006, 04:40 PM

X-Guru

Thanks for posting an obnoxiously large image and ruining the fornmatting of this page for those of us only on 1280x1024 laptop displays.

Here's my obnoxiously large image of my final checkout page...
note: my page is formatted the way you want it. The code follows...

from skin1/mail/html/order_data.tpl :
Code:
{foreach from=$products item=product} <tr> <td align="center">{$product.productcode}</td> <td><font style="FONT-SIZE: 11px">{$product.product}</font> {if $product.product_options ne '' && $active_modules.Product_Options} <table> <tr> <td valign="top">{$lng.lbl_options}: </td> <td>{include file="modules/Product_Options/display_options.tpl" options=$product.product_options options_txt=$product.product_options_txt force_product_options_txt=$product.force_product_options_txt}</td> </tr> </table> {/if}

Use this code where you need it...

Hope this helps.

Jeremy
Old 09-17-2006, 12:21 AM

Thanks for this, Jeremy, but it hasn't worked for me. Surely the template to be modified should be skin1/customer/main/cart_details.tpl ? The emails already show the options.

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-17-2006, 06:23 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C
Thanks for this, Jeremy, but it hasn't worked for me. Surely the template to be modified should be skin1/customer/main/cart_details.tpl ? The emails already show the options.

Steve,

I'm so sorry. It was almost 3am... and I had just tackled 12 shipping zones, including Alaska and Hawaii zones 44 and 46 and NYC same day messenger (and excluding air delivery to UPS zone 1 addresses)... my brain was toast.

OK, in cart_details.tpl, this is what I have - you should be able to extract what you need from this:

Code:
<td> {if $current_membership_flag ne 'FS'} {capture name=link_title} {$products[prod_num].product|escape:"html"} {if $products[prod_num].product_options}: {include file="modules/Product_Options/display_options.tpl" options=$products[prod_num].product_options is_plain='Y'} {/if} {/capture} <a href="product.php?productid={$products[prod_num].productid}" title="{$smarty.capture.link_title|escape}"> {/if} {* BEGIN COMMENT OUT SKU DISPLAY AT CHECKOUT *} {* {if $products[prod_num].productcode}{$products[prod_num].productcode}{else}#{$products[prod_num].productid}{/if}. *} {* END COMMENT OUT SKU DISPLAY AT CHECKOUT *} {$products[prod_num].product|truncate:"40":"...":true} {if $products[prod_num].product_options ne ""}{include file="modules/Product_Options/display_options.tpl" options=$products[prod_num].product_options} {/if} {if $current_membership_flag ne 'FS'} </a> {/if} </td>

OK?
Old 09-17-2006, 08:57 PM

X-Adept

I totally overlook the screen resolution and forgot to resize the image. The original post has been edited to have the image link only.

Thanks Jeremy for listing the required codes. I will give it a try. IMO, X-Cart team show take notes and include it in the original file on the next release. Have a good night, guys.

-Tuan
Old 09-18-2006, 01:29 AM

OK Jeremy, thats the one. Works fine now, thank you very much.
Glad its not just me that goes off half-cocked !

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-18-2006, 03:38 PM

X-Adept

Here is another issue I notice on version 4.1.3 which I would like to see X-cart addressed in the next release.

Currently, when a customer submit an order that is "Failed", "Declined" or "Not finished", then store owner will receive a new order with the respective status - "Failed", "Declined" or "Not finished". And when the customer resumes and complete that one order successfully, x-cart would create a brand new oder with the status "Received" or "Processed". However, the old failed/declined order is still store in the system as a separate order.

As you can see, this can cause some confusions for many customers. Hopefully, X-cart will add this to their "To-Do" list for next release.

Thanks
-Tuan
Old 09-18-2006, 03:51 PM

X-Adept

Well...I'm on a roll today...so here is another improvement suggestion for the next release....Hehehehe....

On the Authorize.net and credit card payment modules, it would be nice the account fields and CVV field are locked down to digits only.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9997/paymentsa7.jpg
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements