X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 03-16-2006, 09:50 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Wholesale Minimum Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by svowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherie
Is there a way to specify a minimum order amount per product for certain membership levels, like Wholesale? It would be nice to say a product has a minimum order amount of "1" for Premium and "12" for Wholesale. I didn't see how to do this with the demo.

Also, quantity increments for Wholesale would be nice, like you can only order this product by the dozen if Wholesale. Is there anything close to this in 4.1?

Sorry, but this feature was not included into 4.1.0.
Alrighty. Please put me down for hoping to see it in 4.1.1.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:40 PM

Advanced Member

Did anything ever get resolved or addressed with this glaring oversight in development for 4.1?? I echo exactly what Technicaldata states here and have been waiting, as patiently as possible, for this to be addressed in a future version.

Thanks.

Quote:
technicaldata wrote:
I think it's pretty obvious that a lot of people aren't happy with the current "Real Time Shipping" situation in X-Cart and I was wondering if an attempt was going to be made to improve it in the next release? I saw nothing about it in "SHIPPING MANAGEMENT" section of the change doc. Anybody have any info? To be specific, I'm talking about the improvements that CenturyPerf suggested in a previous post:

"1) The X-Cart coding within the UPS, FEDEX, USPS modules needs some minor enhancements to validate dimensions and weights correctly and also a limit needs to be set (max weight and dimensions *Per Box*) on a per shipper basis. See below

2) The database and cart coding in the product section needs to be able to tell UPS (and other shipping agencies) the correct values for each item as listed below:

- 2a) Add (3) data entry boxes for EACH product for "length", "height", and "width" (in inches or centimeters .. "selectable"). (If there is No data entry, dimensions are ignored, otherwise the calculated dimensions are transmitted for real time rates). This would be three new columns in the products table of the database.

- 2b) Add a radio button (or other selection) for EACH product that when active (checked) it tells UPS that this item can only be shipped as a SINGLE box. This would be one new column in the products table of the database.

- 2c) Set a max weight - max dimension rollover point selectable by the admin of the site. This must be set so that if either weight or dimension is exceeded on the ordered items it rolls over and adds another box. I would prefer this to be an editable area with the X-Cart admin area. NOTE: This would be a GLOBAL selection within the "shipping options" section of X-Cart.

- 2d) Upon checkout using "real time" rates X-Cart tells the selected shipping agencies the compiled number of boxes and dimesions/weights of each box to be shipped. This data is then processed and returns the shipping calculation results (for each activated shipping method) to the checkout page.

3) The above items will need to correspond with matching columns in the product table of the database so as to store this data for each product. (length, height, width, single box, in the "xcart_products" table. Plus the added data for rollover dimensions, max weight per carrier, max dimensions "length, height, and width" per carrier possibly in the "xcart_shipping_options" table).

4) When real time rates are selected for your store the cart will now communicate a fairly correct amount of "boxes", "dimensions", and "weights" of each box being shipped as part of the customer's order.

5) We DO NOT need to list the amount of boxes or weights on customer invoice or order information. Our shipping departments' should have the ability to use common sense knows how to ship orders efficiently. This procedure needs only to be transparent to both the customers and vendor.

EXAMPLE:

One item the customer orders is a very large item that must be shipped as an individual item (Box #1). The customer orders other items that will now compile by weight "and" dimension as additional boxes as part of this shipment. This will work very well on wholesale stores that sell in case quantity. You could set a separate "case" part number for particular items if you wish. Once the weight or dimension "max" value is exceeded the cart tells UPS that there is more box(es) as part of the order (Box #2, #3, etc).

Now, with the max dimensions and values (rollover values) are left up to each vendor, you could effectively use this feature to not only be more accurate with your shipping calculations charged to the customer, but you could also come pretty close in matching the sizes to what shipping boxes each company uses. Say that you ship average sized items and your MAX box size is 24" x 16" x 12". You could set that as your max compiled "dimension" size and use default weight values from the shipping carriers as a secondary rollover point. It should be well posted/documented what the max dimensions/weights are for each shipping carrier.

The coding for this is already part of the UPS, USPS, and FEDEX available XML scripts.

For examples see what the above shipping agencies use on their own websites: (http://wwwapps.ups.com/calTimeCost?loc=en_US, http://postcalc.usps.gov/, http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en)

The above modification is nothing more than what the above shipping agencies already ask for, either using their online services or offline software. With the size and weight varieties of the products we sell, we MUST have accurate shipping calculations."

Anybody have any ideas or info?

X-Cart Gold v4.0.19 [Apache/Linux]
Old 03-17-2006, 05:40 PM

X-Man

Can we display and access Extra fields in the products.tpl and cart pages in 4.1.X like we could with all pre 4.X releases?

That was an extremely useful feature in 3.X branches, there was a post back in 4.0.X days which mentioned this would return for 4.1.X???

It would save us constantly having to hack up the cart just to show the extra product information in normal listings

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X
Old 03-18-2006, 06:25 AM

Default 4.1 RC2 to 4.1 RC3 Upgrade Kit

Will there be an upgrade kit to go from 4.1 RC2 to 4.1 RC3?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:02 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: 4.1 RC2 to 4.1 RC3 Upgrade Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
Will there be an upgrade kit to go from 4.1 RC2 to 4.1 RC3?

Yes. To access the upgrade patch, log into the Help Desk, go to the 'My Licenses' section, find the license of the X-Cart that you wish to upgrade and click on the 'Get upgrade pack' link.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:26 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovico
Can we display and access Extra fields in the products.tpl and cart pages in 4.1.X like we could with all pre 4.X releases?

Yes. Below is an example of code to display all extra fields in products.tpl

Code:
{if $products[product].extra_fields ne ''} {foreach $products[product].extra_fields item=extra_field} {$extra_field.field}: {$extra_field.value} {/forach} {/if}

...and to display the extra field with service name 'ISBN':

Code:
{if $products[product].extra_fields ne ''} {foreach $products[product].extra_fields item=extra_field} {if $extra_field.service_name eq "ISBN"} {$extra_field.field}: {$extra_field.value} {/if} {/forach} {/if}

Note: Extra fields are identified by service names because identifying them by extra field IDs is not usable enough. Identifying extra fields by their interface names ('field' column) is impossible, as these names may be defined in more than one languages.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:29 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfilardo
Did anything ever get resolved or addressed with this glaring oversight in development for 4.1?? I echo exactly what Technicaldata states here and have been waiting, as patiently as possible, for this to be addressed in a future version.

Sorry, but this feature also was not included into 4.1.0. This sheduled to do in one of the following major versions of X-Cart.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:12 PM

eXpert

BUG REPORT.

When creating static pages in the wysiwyg editor mode, saving in this mode mode will make the static file longer.

The second part of the data is saved twice, saving it again, saves it three times, again saves it 4 times and so on.... the file is getting longer and longer with double data. This is only when you use the wysiwyg editor. In normal editor mode there is no problem.

I hope i have explained it ok.

Greetz

Herman

Using: X-cart 4.5.4
AT: http://www.weckonline.com LIVE
Old 03-20-2006, 04:58 AM

Advanced Member

Default Bug Report

When using your example store, I add an item by using the add to wish list button. It takes me to the wish list page, but I can not continue shopping from the wish list page unless I add to cart or back page.
MySQL server 4.1.22-Standard
Perl 5.008
Old 03-20-2006, 01:05 PM

Default Upgrade

Hi everyone, I downloaded the upgrade patch to go from rc2 to rc3. In my files section where I downloaded from, I had both the X-AOM and My skins template checked, so I assumed that the file that was downloaded from here included updates to X-AOM and My templates. Although, when I go apply the patch I get the following error:

Your shop has installed following module(s): Advanced Order Management, but necessary patches are not included in this upgrade pack

Your shop has installed skin layout: neon_lights_music, but necessary patches were not included in this upgrade pack

Anyone?
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements