LiteCommerce 2.2 beta 1 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 02-16-2006, 04:01 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: test time

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock5150
I am installing the 2.2 beta version now and I'll see if it works w/ php5.

adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff
Yes, we are already working on it.
LiteCommerce 2.2. final release will have support for PHP5.

LC beta 1 hasn't suppport for PHP5 yet.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:39 AM

X-Man

Default Re: test time

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock5150
I am installing the 2.2 beta version now and I'll see if it works w/ php5.

adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff
LC beta 1 hasn't suppport for PHP5 yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swones
Please let us know how you get on.

Not very well I suspect.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:25 PM

X-Man

Not in this forum they dont. This is not the place and certainly not the thread to discus a different cart.

Moderators, if you are going to delete a post, then why not delete the next post, i.e. this one, where leaving it in looks silly.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:28 AM

eXpert

I am new here, and installed beta 2.2 as I couldn't get 2.1 to install on our Ipowerweb server / host.

So far, it is running better than what tried to run as 2.1, but i have a few problems that need to be resolved...

1) I can't edit the html in FrontPage. I tried to export, and it gives me a weird error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/silverho/public_html/webstore/var/run/classes/base/Base.php on line 159

Trying to use CPanel doesn't get me anywhere, and so I tried to edit via CSS for the time being and the image editor that is built into the admin panel.

When I do that, if I change the background color, I lose the wallpaper and / or logo images, and the wallpaper image doesn't repeat like you would expect a wallpaper to (at least how I'm used to it in FP).

2) Their are a lot of Network TCP errors, but I am guessing this is coming from Ipowerweb, although I am not sure. It's more annoying than anything else, as you have to go back, make a change over and over, and tell it to keep updating until it takes.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?
X-Payments v1.0.6
CDSEO Pro v2
Total Server Solutions xCDN

www.silverhorseracing.com
Old 02-28-2006, 11:40 AM

X-Adept

Well LC themselves do not recommend using the beta version in the real world. If you have just purchased a LC license I think it may be worth contacting the official support desk and get them to help you install it. 2.1 which has different problems, but more people know about them.

I have been here for a while but technical matters are not my strong point, so I stand to be corrected on this, but I am not sure there is a lot of support for FrontPage - if any at all.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:45 AM

X-Man

Well I have bitten the bullet and installed 2.2 for one of my new sites. First impressions are nice. It finnaly allows the display and selection of counties/states/etc baised on the country input. So you no longer get a long list of states etc.
It also has a parameter to allow the showing of VAT and shipping before the customer logs in. The site default country being used.

The admin skin looks more pretty and more usable. I will start playing with it more soon.

Obviously I will only be playing with the bits I know. This will NOT include downloading and editing the templates as I do them in stitu.

I also do not use the windows control panel.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulture
Well I have bitten the bullet and installed 2.2 for one of my new sites. First impressions are nice. It finnaly allows the display and selection of counties/states/etc baised on the country input. So you no longer get a long list of states etc.
It also has a parameter to allow the showing of VAT and shipping before the customer logs in. The site default country being used.

The admin skin looks more pretty and more usable. I will start playing with it more soon.

Obviously I will only be playing with the bits I know. This will NOT include downloading and editing the templates as I do them in stitu.

I also do not use the windows control panel.

Can't wait to hear your impressions, considering your extended knowledge and use of LC.

I really wish I could install it on a test server because I'm dying to get my hands on it...

Thanks,
Rida

Ver 2.2 build 35 (upgraded)
Modules installed: promotion, gift certificates, auto-update, wholesale trading, inventory, product options, gift certificates, newsletters, egoods, ecommerce reports, AOM, greet visitors, details images, best sellers, featured products, multi-catagories, HTML catalog, showcase organizer, payment gateway.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:44 PM

X-Man

Don't hold your breath. The site I have installed it on does not have any products yet! I might, for the sheer hell of it, upload some dummy products and let you play. See if you can break the customer front end. I am being gentle with it so far. Loading the free modules in one by one and seeing what breaks.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulture
Don't hold your breath. The site I have installed it on does not have any products yet! I might, for the sheer hell of it, upload some dummy products and let you play. See if you can break the customer front end. I am being gentle with it so far. Loading the free modules in one by one and seeing what breaks.

Cool, I'd be happy to help. Just let me know. I'm pretty open, schedule-wise, and available via most of the chat services.

Thanks,
Rida

Ver 2.2 build 35 (upgraded)
Modules installed: promotion, gift certificates, auto-update, wholesale trading, inventory, product options, gift certificates, newsletters, egoods, ecommerce reports, AOM, greet visitors, details images, best sellers, featured products, multi-catagories, HTML catalog, showcase organizer, payment gateway.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:01 PM

X-Man

Ok play with www.stbenedictsstreet.co.uk. I am changing admin settings as we speak. You will need to use the full url, www.stbenedictsstreet.co.uk/cart.php as I will be putting up a holding index page soon.
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements