Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

How can I stop "X-payments Started" orders from being created?

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 12-09-2013, 02:26 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: How can I stop "X-payments Started" orders from being created?

Kevin, I believe you mean "NEW" payments at X-Payments side that get created for technical reason and in no way mean a lost sale - you are using default X-Cart iFrame integration with X-Payments and it can call X-Payments API e.g. when a customer changes selection of payment methods and then returns to X-Payments integrated method and thus call iFrame from X-Payments anew. X-Payments does so in order not to lose information about a new transaction.

Those "NEW" transactions got declined automatically after some time. But again - they do not mean a lost sale.

Alternative checkout routines work differently thus reduce number of "NEW" transactions. E.g. a separate page checkout via X-Payments or AlteredCarts OPC.
X-Payments product manager
Old 12-11-2013, 07:13 PM

X-Wizard

I have not lost sales as a result of using this new XP 2.0, no, I think sales have increased because from the customer end checkout seems to be smoother. However, this new 2.0 system seems to have bugs. For example, today I got an email notification from PayPal of an order #44058. This order did not show up in the XC orders list, so I checked it in XP. Yes, there it is, showing up as a "NEW" but not charged order, with the payment method ad CyberSource. This is completely wrong, the customer checked out using PayPal and had I not noticed the email from PayPal, I would have completely missed this order. This would be very easy to do because unlike in previous versions, it seems to be a large gap in the order numbers between each successful transaction. The payments screen is very lengthy with a new order number for the same customer generated numerous times before it is finally assigned an order number which has been charged. Likewise, we cannot get this thing to save cardholder data as of yet. I've put in a ticket for that, of course. I'm just pointing out - this system works but it's got some quirks that put us in danger of missing customer's orders and so far it's not been able to able to save a customer's data for re-ordering, the main reason we upgraded to it.

These days I do not care to use third party mods due to the headache of upgrading but in this case I think I will check out Altered Carts OPC.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 12-12-2013, 12:28 AM

X-Cart team

I am glad X-Payments 2.0 increased your sales and I am very sad to know about the technical issue. Our techs will look into it to figure what is wrong and provide you with a solution. Perhaps alternative checkout routine will work better than built-in X-Cart's OPC.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:51 AM

X-Wizard

I'm sorry, but so far X-Payments 2.0 has been a failure for my shop. In addition to the multiple order numbers generated for each transaction, in the last week we also had over five double charged orders, these double orders not showing up on the x-cart orders list and thus we were unaware of them until a customer complained about being double charged. When we log into our merchant providers back end, sure enough, double orders are being charged but do not show up in the x-cart order's list. This never happened with the old system and now we are in a position of having to do extra work and check our merchant provider back end to make sure each and every order is not a double charge. I doubt using a third party one page checkout will solve this but even if it does, I shouldn't have to use a third party one page checkout - this should work. The reason we upgraded was to be able to store cardholder data and resume subscriptions, that also does not work yet either. This is with x-payments installed by the x-cart team.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 12-14-2013, 11:20 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
I doubt using a third party one page checkout will solve this

it's not just the checkout (which yes, solves many UX defects)... the x-cart under-the-hood "payment is processed before approval" is a design defect, and Altered Cart x-p-c http://www.alteredcart.com/product.php?productid=21&cat=0&page=1 works around this.

It also works around paypal callback...

There are many moving parts to a great checkout experience, and x-payments by itself is not the solution or the cause. X-Cart core is to blame for many design flaws, and the xpc must work as expected.

I froze my store earlier this year at version 4.5.4 and x-payments 1.0.6 and I don't know when or if I will jump branches.

PS -- Altered Cart has a module for $150 that integrates
Authorize.net direct post ->
Stripe ->
First Data ->
PayPal Advanced transparent redirect (no popups!) ->
SagePay inline iframe ->
TrustCommerce ->

http://www.alteredcart.com/product.php?productid=23&cat=0&page=1

and can be used instead of x-payments -- but this only integrates with CheckoutOne.

Do you like/trust x-cart checkout? In vers 4.5.4 the answer is no. So I invested in Altered Cart solutions (with x-payments 1.0.6), and it has performed exactly as represented. Just saying.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:41 PM

I use x-cart 4.6.1 , stock OPC and x-payments 1.0.6
Every time customer choose credit card as payment method, order id counter increases even if customer doesn't continue or pay with another method.
We have huge gaps in order id and it's been very annoying because every time we have to check for those missing orders.

I'm looking forward to eliminate this problem with AlteredCart's Checkout One, as soon as Bill makes it working with x-cart 4.6.1
Old 01-17-2014, 05:15 PM

Veteran

You may want to contribute here

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=68226&highlight=understands+its+c us

and here

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=68358&highlight=understands+its+c us
Old 01-19-2014, 11:34 PM

X-Cart team

Hi Everyone,

Please do not take my silence here as I am ignoring you. I just have too much on my plate before I depart to Sochi in a couple of weeks to volunteer at the Winter Olympic Games there.

JFYI: this issue has been addressed in our X-Cart 5 connector for X-Payments (v. 2.0.1 is needed). We changed algorithm of how X-Payments interfaces with an integrated shopping cart. Unfortunately, we are a bit too late to do the same for X-Cart v4.6.2 (should be released in February) but we are planning to update the connector in v4.6.3 (spring).

Last edited by ambal : 01-19-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:36 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
Hi Everyone,

Please do not take my silence here as I am ignoring you. I just have too much on my plate before I depart to Sochi in a couple of weeks to volunteer at the Winter Olympic Games there.

JFYI: this issue has been addressed in our X-Cart 5 connector for X-Payments (v. 2.0.1 is needed). We changed algorithm of how X-Payments interfaces with an integrated shopping cart. Unfortunately, we are a bit too late to do the same for X-Cart v4.6.2 (should be released in February) but we are planning to update the connector in v4.6.3 (spring).

So you should tell anyone like me who just had their cart upgraded that this is not a completely bug free working version and that we will have to get it upgraded again to fix this order # issue with x-payments, they should offer usa free upgrade since i ended up paying a lot of money for this to be a good and working upgrade with x-cart.

X-cart Version 4.6.1 Newly updated

The following user thanks artist122 for this useful post:
kevinrm (01-27-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 10:23 PM

X-Cart team

Unfortunately, software development never happens without bugs. Understanding that we continue development of X-Cart and release its new versions once a quarter approximately and you as an owner of an X-Cart v4.x license has free life-time access to new versions of X-Cart v4.x as well as to upgrade packs that we release to make upgrade process easier for X-Cart merchants and developers. You do not need to pay to download and start using X-Cart 4.6.1 or X-Cart 4.6.2. Access to new X-Cart v4 versions is included in your license you paid for.
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions