Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Hidden Categories

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-13-2004, 09:31 AM

X-Guru

For 4.0 the code is basically the same. Here's the code for the categories.php

Open include/categories.php

$categories_data = func_query("select $sql_tbl[categories].*, SUBSTRING_INDEX($sql_tbl[categories].category, '\/', -1) as category_name from $sql_tbl[categories] ".($current_area=="C"?"where $sql_tbl[categories].avail='Y' $membership_condition ":"")." group by $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid order by ".($current_area=="C" ? "order_by" : "category"));

Replace with:

$categories_data = func_query("select $sql_tbl[categories].*, SUBSTRING_INDEX($sql_tbl[categories].category, '\/', -1) as category_name from $sql_tbl[categories] ".($current_area=="C"?"where $sql_tbl[categories].avail='Y' OR $sql_tbl[categories].avail='H' $membership_condition ":"")." group by $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid order by ".($current_area=="C" ? "order_by" : "category"));
Old 11-02-2004, 02:48 PM

Jon,
I am trying to apply hidden category to my XCart 4.0 but I could not find any code from include/categories.php. This is the code of categories.php

Code:
<?php /*****************************************************************************\ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | X-Cart | | Copyright (c) 2001-2004 Ruslan R. Fazliev <rrf@rrf.ru> | | All rights reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | PLEASE READ THE FULL TEXT OF SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT IN THE "COPYRIGHT" | | FILE PROVIDED WITH THIS DISTRIBUTION. THE AGREEMENT TEXT IS ALSO AVAILABLE | | AT THE FOLLOWING URL: http://www.x-cart.com/license.php | | | | THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH YOU MAY USE | | THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM AND ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTATION THAT RUSLAN R. | | FAZLIEV (hereinafter referred to as "THE AUTHOR") IS FURNISHING OR MAKING | | AVAILABLE TO YOU WITH THIS AGREEMENT (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SOFTWARE"). | | PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT | | CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE. BY INSTALLING, | | COPYING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AND YOUR COMPANY | | (COLLECTIVELY, "YOU") ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS | | LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THIS | | AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE. VARIOUS COPYRIGHTS AND | | OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS PROTECT THE SOFTWARE. THIS | | AGREEMENT IS A LICENSE AGREEMENT THAT GIVES YOU LIMITED RIGHTS TO USE | | THE SOFTWARE AND NOT AN AGREEMENT FOR SALE OR FOR TRANSFER OF TITLE.| | THE AUTHOR RETAINS ALL RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED BY THIS AGREEMENT. | | | | The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ruslan R. Fazliev | | Portions created by Ruslan R. Fazliev are Copyright (C) 2001-2004 | | Ruslan R. Fazliev. All Rights Reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ \*****************************************************************************/ # # $Id: categories.php,v 1.64 2004/07/12 06:50:34 max Exp $ # if ( !defined('XCART_SESSION_START') ) { header("Location: ../"); die("Access denied"); } # # Functions definition # # # This function builds the categories list within specified category ($cat) # function func_get_categories_list($cat=0, $short_list=true, $flag=NULL) { global $current_area, $sql_tbl, $shop_language; $cat = intval($cat); $all_categories = array(); $categories = array(); $subcategories = array(); $search_condition = "1"; if ($flag == "root") $search_condition .= " AND parentid='0'"; elseif ($flag == "level") $search_condition .= " AND parentid='$cat'"; if ($current_area == "C") { global $user_account; $customer_search_condition = " AND avail='Y' AND (membership='".addslashes($user_account["membership"])."' OR membership='')"; $search_condition .= $customer_search_condition; if ($flag == "all" || $flag == NULL) $sort_condition = " ORDER BY category"; else $sort_condition = " ORDER BY order_by, category"; } if ($short_list) $to_search = "categoryid,parentid,categoryid_path,category,product_count,avail,order_by"; else $to_search = "*"; if (defined('NEED_PRODUCT_CATEGORIES')) { global $productid; $to_search = explode(",", $to_search); foreach ($to_search as $k=>$v) $to_search[$k] = $sql_tbl["categories"].".".$v; $to_search = implode(",", $to_search); $_categories = func_query("SELECT $to_search, $sql_tbl[products_categories].productid, $sql_tbl[products_categories].main FROM $sql_tbl[categories] LEFT JOIN $sql_tbl[products_categories] ON $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid=$sql_tbl[products_categories].categoryid AND $sql_tbl[products_categories].productid='$productid' GROUP BY $sql_tbl[categories].categoryid"); } else $_categories = func_query("SELECT $to_search FROM $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE ".$search_condition.$sort_condition); if (is_array($_categories)) { $_category_names = array(); if ($flag == "all" || $flag == NULL) { foreach ($_categories as $k=>$v) { $_category_names[$v["categoryid"]] = $v["category"]; } } foreach ($_categories as $k=>$category) { if ($flag == "all" || $flag == NULL) { # # Get the full path for category name # $path = explode("/", $category["categoryid_path"]); $category_path = array(); $continue = false; foreach ($path as $i=>$catid) { if (empty($_category_names[$catid])) { $continue = true; break; } $category_path[] = $_category_names[$catid]; } if ($continue) continue; $category["category_path"] = implode("/",$category_path); } if ($current_area == "C") { # # Get the international category name # $int_res = func_query_first("SELECT category FROM $sql_tbl[categories_lng] WHERE code='$shop_language' AND categoryid='$category[categoryid]'"); if (!empty($int_res["category"])) $category["category"] = $int_res["category"]; } # # Count the subcategories for "root" and "level" flag values # if ($flag == "level" || $flag == "root" || $flag == NULL) $category["subcategory_count"] = array_pop(func_query_first("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE 1 $customer_search_condition AND categoryid!='$category[categoryid]' AND categoryid_path LIKE '$category[categoryid_path]/%'")); $all_categories[] = $category; if (($flag == "root" || $flag == NULL) && $category["parentid"] == 0) $categories[] = $category; if (($flag == "level" || $flag == NULL) && $category["parentid"] == $cat) $subcategories[] = $category; } if (($flag == "all" || $flag == NULL) and !empty($all_categories)) { function func_categories_sort($a, $b) { return strcmp($a["category_path"], $b["category_path"]); } usort($all_categories, "func_categories_sort"); } } $return["all_categories"] = $all_categories; $return["categories"] = $categories; $return["subcategories"] = $subcategories; return $return; } # # This function gathering the current category data # function func_get_category_data($cat) { global $current_area, $sql_tbl, $shop_language; global $xcart_dir, $current_location, $config; $cat = intval($cat); if ($current_area == "C") $search_condition = "AND avail='Y' AND (membership='".addslashes($user_account["membership"])."' OR membership='')"; $category = func_query_first("SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE categoryid='$cat' $search_condition"); if (!empty($category)) { # # Get the array of all parent categories # $_cat_sequense = explode("/", $category["categoryid_path"]); # # Generate category sequence, i.e. # Books, Books/Poetry, Books/Poetry/Philosophy ... # foreach ($_cat_sequense as $k=>$v) { $_cat_name = array_pop(func_query_first("SELECT category FROM $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE categoryid='$v'")); if ($current_area == "C") { # # Get the international category name for category location # $int_res = array_pop(func_query_first("SELECT category FROM $sql_tbl[categories_lng] WHERE code='$shop_language' AND categoryid='$v'")); if (!empty($int_res["category"])) $_cat_name = $int_res["category"]; } $category["category_location"][] = array($_cat_name, "home.php?cat=$v"); } if ($current_area == "C") { # # Check if all parent categories are enabled # if (func_query_first_cell("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE categoryid IN (".implode(",", $_cat_sequense).") AND avail='N'") > 0) { return false; } # # Get the international category name and description # $int_res = func_query_first("SELECT * FROM $sql_tbl[categories_lng] WHERE code='$shop_language' AND categoryid='$cat'"); if (!empty($int_res["category"])) { $category["category_name_orig"] = $category["category"]; $category["category"] = $int_res["category"]; } if (!empty($int_res["description"])) $category["description"] = $int_res["description"]; } if ($config["Images"]["icons_location"] == "FS") $image_field = "image_path"; else $image_field = "image"; $_cat_sequense = array_reverse($_cat_sequense); foreach ($_cat_sequense as $k=>$v) { $category_icon = func_query_first("SELECT $sql_tbl[icons].$image_field, $sql_tbl[categories].image_x, $sql_tbl[categories].image_y FROM $sql_tbl[icons], $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE $sql_tbl[icons].categoryid='$v'"); if (!empty($category_icon[$image_field])) { $category["image_x"] = $category_icon["image_x"]; $category["image_y"] = $category_icon["image_y"]; break; } } if ($config["Images"]["icons_location"] == "FS") { # # Correct the icon URL or path if icon is located in File system # $category["image_path"] = $category_icon[$image_field]; if (eregi("^(http|ftp)://", $category["image_path"])) { # image_path is an URL $category["icon_url"] = $category["image_path"]; } elseif (!strncmp($xcart_dir, $category["image_path"], strlen($xcart_dir))) { # image_path is an locally placed image $category["icon_url"] = $current_location.substr($category["image_path"], strlen($xcart_dir)); } } # # Count the subcategories # $category["subcategory_count"] = array_pop(func_query_first("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE categoryid!='$cat' AND categoryid_path LIKE '$category[categoryid_path]/%' $search_condition")); return $category; } return false; } # # Main code # $cat = intval($cat); if ($cat > 0) { # # Get the current category data # if ($current_category = func_get_category_data($cat)) $smarty->assign("current_category", $current_category); else { if ($current_area == "A") { $top_message["content"] = func_get_langvar_by_name("msg_category_not_exist"); $top_message["type"] = "E"; func_header_location("categories.php"); } else func_header_location("home.php"); } } # # Gather the array of categories and extract into separated arrays: # $all_categories, $categories and $subcategories # if ($current_area == "C" or defined('MANAGE_CATEGORIES')) $_categories = func_get_categories_list($cat); else $_categories = func_get_categories_list($cat, true, "all"); extract($_categories); # # Prepare data for FancyCategories module # if ($current_area == "C" and !empty($active_modules["Fancy_Categories"])) @include $xcart_dir."/modules/Fancy_Categories/fancy_categories.php"; $smarty->assign("allcategories", $all_categories); $smarty->assign("categories", $categories); if ($cat == 0) $subcategories = $categories; if (!empty($subcategories)) $smarty->assign("subcategories", $subcategories); $smarty->assign("cat", $cat); ?>

Could you show me where to replace the code?
MySQL server 5
Old 12-01-2004, 08:19 PM

Default 4.0.7

This is the categories.php code for version 4.0.7

Change:
Code:
$search_condition = "AND avail='Y' AND (membership='".addslashes($user_account["membership"])."' OR membership='')";
to:
Code:
$search_condition = "AND avail='Y' OR $sql_tbl[categories].avail='H' AND (membership='".addslashes($user_account["membership"])."' OR membership='')";

Nice little mod. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:51 PM

eXpert

Very Nice Jon... Thank You
Old 12-25-2004, 10:56 AM

eXpert

I think this mod should be standard XCart issue, however, there is one bug. If you try to search by price in v.4.09 you will get a four mile long SQL error
Old 01-16-2005, 09:30 PM

that should be handy for seperating some products out of the normal categories list. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:24 PM

X-Adept

Jon

I am trying to do something like this but with embedded pages.

I would like to create a few embedded pages to link via hyperlinks, but not be visable under the help section.

Is there something that could achive this as you have done here with the catagories?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-19-2005, 03:43 PM

X-Guru

I don't use embedded pages so I can't say for sure.

You could probably edit your help menu template file and put a conditional to now show a certain page id #.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:56 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I don't use embedded pages so I can't say for sure.

You could probably edit your help menu template file and put a conditional to now show a certain page id #.

Thanks for the reply,

I will look at the template and see how it is called and see what I can do.

I thought there was a thread that actually spoke of this, and I cannot find it to save my life.

Thanks again
Old 01-19-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Hidden is the word you need to use - Hidden Static Pages

Hi All

Nice MOD Jon. I will look into trying it soon.

To Markwhoo and others:
Hidden Static Pages.

Here are some links on this topic:
http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=13705&highlight=hidden+pages+hatto n

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=11602&highlight=

Note: Follow the links and view the examples. If you or anybody else is interested in my mods - email/pmail me and I will give you the details.

Regards
Ing. Stephen Hatton
MySQL version: 4.0.22-standard
X-cart V4.0.17: Addons: X-PConfig, X-Giftreg, X-Fancycat, X-AOM
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions