Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Pictures in recommends.tpl for 3 column format

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 03-26-2009, 08:19 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Pictures in recommends.tpl for 3 column format

Is it a big deal to include specific extra field data in the recommended items display? What would be the format to call extra fields for v4.1.12?

Thanks

XCart 4.1.12
Old 03-26-2009, 09:45 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Just a little update on this thread. Here's the code for 4.x that breaks the display up into rows of 3, allowing as many recommended products as you want (as set in General Settings/Modules Options). Just change the thumbnail width as you would like (in pixels). You can also adjust the number of columns by changing the width of the td and the 'div by x' where x is the number of columns:

Code:
{if $recommends} {capture name=recommends} {section name=num loop=$recommends} { if %num.first% } <table border=0 width=100%>{/if} { if %num.index% is div by 3}<tr>{/if} <td width="33%" align="center" valign="top"> <a href=product.php?productid={$recommends[num].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}>{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$recommends[num].productid image_x=100 product=$recommends[num].product tmbn_url=$recommends[num].tmbn_url} <SPAN class="ItemsList">{$recommends[num].product}</SPAN> </td> { if %num.last% }</tr> </table>{/if} {/section} {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_recommends content=$smarty.capture.recommends extra="width=100%"} {/if}

Thanks balinor for such a fine code.Is it possible to display all images in a revolving way in Recommended products list option?
Thanks to all.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:37 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks

This worked great for me in 4.1.11

Dave
Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 AM

Advanced Member

Hello,

Maybe someone can help how to do correct "Market price", because with "Our price" all is ok, but "Market price" for all products is the same and this price is detail product price. If you can't understand, i think screenshot will helps.

Thank you so much! As you can see my version is 4.1.11

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1381/33404334.jpg
Old 09-04-2009, 06:44 AM

Advanced Member

MY code:

{* $Id: recommends.tpl,v 1.9 2006/03/21 07:17:18 svowl Exp $ *}
{if $recommends}
{capture name=recommends}
<table border=0 width=100%>
<tr>

{section name=num loop=3}
<td width=33% align=center valign=top>
<div style=" margin-bottom:5px;"><a href="product.php?productid={$recommends[num].productid}" class="ItemsList2">{$recommends[num].product}</a></font></div>
<a href="product.php?productid={$recommends[num].productid}">{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$recommends[num].productid image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].tmbn_url}</a>
<br>

<div style=" margin-top:5px;">

<span >Rinkos kaina:</span> <s><span>{include file="currency.tpl" value=$product.taxed_price}</span></s>
<span class="market-price">{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$product.taxed_price}</span>
</div>
<font class="ProductPrice">
{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$recommends[num].taxed_price}</font><font class="MarketPrice">{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$products[product].taxed_price}</font>

</td>
{/section}

</tr>
</table>

{/capture}
{include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_recommends content=$smarty.capture.recommends extra='width="100%"'}
{/if}
Old 09-05-2009, 06:55 AM

X-Wizard

You've mixed products.tpl, product.tpl and recommends.tpl variables. In recommends.tpl the product information for the recommended products list is in $recommends, not in $products or $product. To refer to the current product in the loop you should be using $recommends[num]. You need to change several things:

$products[product].product to $recommends[num].product
$products[product].tmbn_url to $recommends[num].tmbn_url
$products[product].taxed_price to $recommends[num].taxed_price

And finally the one which will actually fix the problem you are asking about:
$product.taxed_price to $recommends[num].list_price

UGG Boots and other fine sheepskin products
http://www.snowriver.com
Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 PM

X-Adept

I was playing around with this for version 4.3

While it worked ok I was getting the word "array" for the alt on the product images. I did a little bit of altering and came up with a code that works just fine.

Code:
{* $Id: recommends.tpl,v 1.16 2009/04/18 06:33:07 max Exp $ vim: set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et: *} {if $recommends} {capture name=recommends} {assign var="tmp" value="0"} {section name=num loop=$recommends} {if $recommends[num].productid}{assign var="tmp" value="1"}{/if} {/section} {section name=num loop=$recommends} {if %num.first%} <table border=0 width="100%"> <tr> {/if} {if $smarty.section.num.index is div by 3} </tr><tr valign="top"> {/if} <td width="33%" align="center" valign="top"> <a href="product.php?productid={$recommends[num].productid}" class="ItemsList">{$recommends[num].product}</a> <br /> <a href=product.php?productid={$recommends[num].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}> {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$recommends[num].productid image_x=75 product=$recommends[num].product tmbn_url=$recommends[num].tmbn_url}</a> <br /> <font class="ProductPrice">{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$recommends[num].taxed_price}</font> </td> { if %num.last% }</tr> </table>{/if} {/section} {/capture} {include file="customer/dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_recommends content=$smarty.capture.recommends extra="width=100%"} {/if}

If you want the product images to be larger just change the image_x=75 to whatever size you want. Also if you want to go to four wide change the div number to 4 and the width to 25% and for two wide switch div number to 2 and the width to 50%

I hope this is of some use to those playing around with 4.3

The following 2 users thank hoosierglass for this useful post:
Babydoll (01-21-2010), eddy (02-18-2010)
Old 02-20-2010, 08:27 PM

X-Adept

I used Balinor's code in 4.1.12 but I made it so it will verify as XHTML 1.0 Transitional

Code:
{if $recommends} {capture name=recommends} {section name=num loop=$recommends} { if %num.first% } <h1>People who bought the {$product.manufacturer} {$extra_fields[0].field_value} were also interested in...</h1><p /><br /><p /> <table border="0" width="100%"><tr><td></td>{/if} {if %num.index% is div by 3}</tr><tr>{/if} <td width="33%" align="center" valign="top"> <a href="product.php?productid={$recommends[num].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}"> {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$recommends[num].productid image_x=90 product=$recommends[num].product tmbn_url=$recommends[num].tmbn_url}</a> <br /> <a href="product.php?productid={$recommends[num].productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}">{$recommends[num].product|escape}</a> </td> { if %num.last% }</tr> </table>{/if} {/section} {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_recommends content=$smarty.capture.recommends extra='width="100%"'} {/if}
MySQL server 5.0.87-community
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008008
dogbytecomputer.com
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions