Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Menu with Tabs for Product page

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 11-06-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Menu with Tabs for Product page

I actually just copied the files from your zip over just to double check and it doesn't seem to make a difference so I guess I must have done something else wrong which is affecting it. Does anyone know how to debug php/tpl smarty files locally - do you need a particular tool?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Vivienne,

I deleted and re-installed this mod using the code I posted just to make sure that those files were not corrupted and it still works OK. I'm not really sure what it could be.

I installed x-cart on my laptop with Windows XP since I don't have a live site so I do all of my x-cart expermenting locally. Eventually when I get my site, I will probably work on my files locally and then upload it to the live site.

There are several programs where you can install your own web server on your computer and you can do all of your editing locally. The one that I use is AppServ v2.4.9 and it will install Apache, PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin on your computer. Once you have this setup you can then install x-cart and do all of your editing locally. The program is free and you can download it here.

Hope this helps.

- MoonDog -
Old 11-09-2007, 10:08 AM

eXpert

MoonDog,

I sent you a PM reguarding a typo I found. It may be just for my situation or it may be a reason why some others are/could be having trouble.
Altered Cart: 1-Page checkout
Firetank: Feed Manager
Website CM: CDSEO PRO
Website CM: Product A-Z Map
Website CM: Review Approval
Website CM: Site Map Pro
Qualiteam: Sales & Stats (free version)
Old 11-09-2007, 09:13 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the find SystemSkins

From post#8 edit the following line:
Code:
<td>{if $product.fulldescr ne ""}{$product.descr}<br><br><a href="#mytabber" onClick="javascript:tabShow(3)">See full description...</a></td>{else}{$product.descr}{/if}</td>

and remove the </td> tag before the {else} statement. It's not needed.
The edited code should now look like this:

Code:
<td>{if $product.fulldescr ne ""}{$product.descr}<br><br><a href="#mytabber" onClick="javascript:tabShow(3)">See full description...</a>{else}{$product.descr}{/if}</td>

This code only affected the product description layout of some browsers, and not the tab menu itself.

Post #8 has been edited to reflect this change.

- MoonDog -
Old 12-19-2007, 05:23 AM

Has anyone had the issue where fancycat breaks this mod? When I disable fancycat, it works great.
Apache 2.2.4MySQL 4.1.21
Mods: x-configurator, x-aom, Sns, and many a mounting number of hacks learned here
(nuf said?)

Harvey Coachworks
http://www.harveyev.com/store
Old 12-28-2007, 04:40 PM

Advanced Member

Is anyone seeing the plain text before the javascript loads the tabs. It is only for a brief second but it is annoying. Is there a fix or should you not leave the product tab open.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:46 PM

Advanced Member

ProMuscles,

Quote:

Is anyone seeing the plain text before the javascript loads the tabs. It is only for a brief second but it is annoying. Is there a fix or should you not leave the product tab open.

Find the following code you placed into your skin1/customer/home.tpl file

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/tabber.css" TYPE="text/css" MEDIA="screen"> <script type="text/javascript" src="{$SkinDir}/tabber-minimized.js"></script>
And underneath this code, add the following code:
Code:
{literal} <script type="text/javascript"> document.write('<style type="text/css">.tabber{display:none;}<\/style>'); </script> {/literal}
Hopefully, this should take care of the problem.

- MoonDog -
Old 12-29-2007, 05:02 AM

eXpert

Works for me, thanks. I noticed this too but I guess it wasn't as big of deal for me since I have a pretty fast internet connection so it didn't bother me as much.
Code:
{if $main eq "product"} <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/tabber.css" TYPE="text/css" MEDIA="screen" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="{$SkinDir}/tabber-minimized.js"></script> {literal} <script type="text/javascript"> document.write('<style type="text/css">.tabber{display:none;}<\/style>'); </script> {/literal} {/if}
Altered Cart: 1-Page checkout
Firetank: Feed Manager
Website CM: CDSEO PRO
Website CM: Product A-Z Map
Website CM: Review Approval
Website CM: Site Map Pro
Qualiteam: Sales & Stats (free version)
Old 01-05-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyev
Has anyone had the issue where fancycat breaks this mod? When I disable fancycat, it works great.
harveyev

Yes disabling fancy cats makes it work but I need to have fancy cats working as well - any ideas moondog?

Various websites using

4.66 Pro & 5
Old 01-11-2008, 06:48 PM

This is for who need this MOD with Multi-language option. you might like it. Just a little contribution for such a great work.

MoonDog, thanks again for this MOD. Has help me a lot.

================================================== =========

This include the following parts: Product Magnifier (Not translated), Send to a Friend, Detailed Images, Related Products, Recommended_Products, Customer Reviews and Full Description. For any other TAB that you may need or has been post on this thread you got do yourself once i do not the time do do now. Put full description as MoonDog says on post #14.

1. Ad a new label for US language (Automatically will generate the same for each country already installed on your X-Cart Shop) named as "txt_
no_detailed_images" and other named as "txt_no_detailed_images".

or on Admin > Patch/Upgrade execute the following code:

Code:
INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','txt_no_related_images','No Related Products','Text'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','txt_no_detailed_images','No detailed images','Text'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','lbl_more_tabs','More...','Text');

2. After the installation you will need go to Languages on Admin and translate each for the language related that you want. EX.: As in English will be "No detailed images.", in Portuguese

will be "Sem imagens detalhadas" and so on. Do the same for the other "VALUES".

3. Where was in the begin of this post (/skin1/customer/main/product.tpl):

instead this... (Before implement "Full Description")

Code:
<div class="tabber"> {if $active_modules.Magnifier ne "" && ($config.Magnifier.magnifier_image_popup ne 'Y' || $js_enabled ne 'Y')} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>Product Magnifier</h2> {include file="modules/Magnifier/product_magnifier.tpl" productid=$product.productid} </div> {/if} {if $config.Appearance.send_to_friend_enabled eq 'Y'} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>Send to Friend</h2> {include file="customer/main/send_to_friend.tpl" } </div> {/if} {if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne "" && ($config.Detailed_Product_Images.det_image_popup ne 'Y' || $js_enabled ne 'Y')} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>Detailed Images</h2> {include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/product_images.tpl" } </div> {/if} {if $active_modules.Upselling_Products ne ""} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>Related Products</h2> {include file="modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.tpl" } </div> {/if} {if $active_modules.Recommended_Products ne ""} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>Recommended Products</h2> {include file="modules/Recommended_Products/recommends.tpl" } </div> {/if} {if $active_modules.Customer_Reviews ne ""} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>Reviews</h2> {include file="modules/Customer_Reviews/vote_reviews.tpl" } </div> {/if} </div>

change for this:

Code:
<div class="tabber" id="mytabber"> {if $active_modules.Magnifier ne "" && ($config.Magnifier.magnifier_image_popup ne 'Y' || $js_enabled ne 'Y')} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>Product Magnifier</h2> {include file="modules/Magnifier/product_magnifier.tpl" productid=$product.productid} </div> {/if} {if $config.Appearance.send_to_friend_enabled eq 'Y'} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>{$lng.lbl_send_to_friend}</h2> {include file="customer/main/send_to_friend.tpl" } </div> {/if} {if $active_modules.Detailed_Product_Images ne "" && ($config.Detailed_Product_Images.det_image_popup ne 'Y' || $js_enabled ne 'Y')} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>{$lng.lbl_detailed_images}</h2> {include file="modules/Detailed_Product_Images/product_images.tpl" }</div> {/if} {if $active_modules.Upselling_Products ne ""} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>{$lng.lbl_related_products}</h2> {include file="modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.tpl" }</div> {/if} <div class="tabbertab" id="description"> <h2>{$lng.lbl_full_description}</h2> {include file="customer/main/full_description.tpl"}</div> <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>{$lng.lbl_more_tabs}</h2> <div class="tabber" id="mytabber"> {if $active_modules.Recommended_Products ne ""} <div class="tabbertab tabbertabdefault"> <h2>{$lng.module_name_Recommended_Products}</h2> {include file="modules/Recommended_Products/recommends.tpl" }</div> {/if} {if $active_modules.Customer_Reviews ne ""} <div class="tabbertab"> <h2>{$lng.lbl_customer_reviews}</h2> {include file="modules/Customer_Reviews/vote_reviews.tpl" }</div> {/if}</div></div> </div>

4. Where was in the begin of this post (/skin1/customer/main/product.tpl):

instead this...

Code:
{else} {capture name=dialog} No detailed images. {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_detailed_images content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"}

change for...

Code:
{else} {capture name=dialog} <strong>{$lng.txt_no_detailed_images}</strong> {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_detailed_images content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"}

5. Where was in the begin of this post (skin1/modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.tpl):

instead this...

Code:
{else} {capture name=dialog} No related products. {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_related_products content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"}

change for...

Code:
{else} {capture name=dialog} <strong>{$lng.txt_no_related_images}</strong>{/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_related_products content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"}

=========================================

And done. Enjoy!
X-Cart
Business 5.3.6.0
Multi-vendor 5.3.6.0

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions