Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XC5 Multi-currency module & location

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 09-11-2015, 12:01 AM

X-Wizard

Default XC5 Multi-currency module & location

In XC4, the multi currency module there would choose the currency based on the customers location. In XC5 multi currency module, I'm not seeing that at all. I'm already having problems with customers getting confused. Additionally, I chose the #47 "Light" template to skin my cart and while it's beautiful, it only has the currency/language settings in one place on the home page. So effectively, the customers not only will not see their local currency, there is no place on the screen for them to change their currency unless they go back to the home page and almost none of them know this. Basically, this means lost sales.

So why does this module not default to the local's currency? It did in 4.x, and it SHOULD here as well.

I'm trying hard to work with this XC5 but it's actually costing me a lot of money to purchase mods and when I do, they don't work as well as prior versions.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 09-12-2015, 06:56 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: XC5 Multi-currency module & location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
In XC4, the multi currency module there would choose the currency based on the customers location. In XC5 multi currency module, I'm not seeing that at all. I'm already having problems with customers getting confused. Additionally, I chose the #47 "Light" template to skin my cart and while it's beautiful, it only has the currency/language settings in one place on the home page. So effectively, the customers not only will not see their local currency, there is no place on the screen for them to change their currency unless they go back to the home page and almost none of them know this. Basically, this means lost sales.

So why does this module not default to the local's currency? It did in 4.x, and it SHOULD here as well.

I'm trying hard to work with this XC5 but it's actually costing me a lot of money to purchase mods and when I do, they don't work as well as prior versions.
Hello Kevin.
Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction on this matter.
In X-Cart 5 the module is designed so that the administrator sets the default currency for the entire store, and customers are free to choose the currency they want. But this functionality can definitely be customized so that the currency is automatically chosen based on customer's IP address.
Should you be interested in such customization, please feel free to apply for a free quote for this change in your personal helpdesk.

As per the currency switcher not appearing on the checkout page and product pages, I would advise to report this as a bug at our public issue tracker
* https://bt.x-cart.com
Old 09-13-2015, 04:44 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: XC5 Multi-currency module & location

Since we sell worldwide and completely outside of the country we live in, I guess we'll have no option but to shell out some more money to implement this.

That said, if this was available in XC4, it should have been included in XC5. XC modules should not get less sophisticated than prior versions - that's just my opinion.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions