Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Product Feeds module

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 5

Old 11-17-2015, 09:41 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Product Feeds module for X-Cart 5 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by steewu
Not able to export on "Product Feeds". It keeps spinning on http://???.com/admin.php?target=product_feeds. I have try to uninstall and remove from database. Still has problem exporting.

Do you have any error messages in the var/log/ directory? You may send the logs to me by e-mail: modsupport@x-cart.com

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2015, 06:59 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by steewu
Not able to export on "Product Feeds". It keeps spinning on http://???.com/admin.php?target=product_feeds. I have try to uninstall and remove from database. Still has problem exporting.

I've looked through your logs and found only one record related to Product Feeds module:
Code:
[18-Nov-2015 01:31:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getName() on a non-object in /home/cyelit5/public_html/var/run/classes/XLite/Module/QSL/ProductFeeds/Controller/Admin/ProductFeed.php on line 132 [17-Nov-2015 20:31:47] Error (code: 1): Call to a member function getName() on a non-object
This might happen if the database is corrupted and has no data for the given feed.

Although there is only one Product Feeds related error, there is a lot of MySQL related errors that look like this:
Code:
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Code:
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

So, I think that the problem may be caused by your server, not the module. Who do you host your website with? Have you tried our hosting services?
Old 02-06-2016, 04:20 PM

Advanced Member

I installed the Product Feeds module today and I'm pretty disappointed too. There are several issues. One is that I would expect the default setup for any of the selected feeds to be fully populated out of the box. Instead the feeds generated are blank. When I go to configure them (which I really shouldn't have to do), there are bunches of fields missing. Right now, I'm calling this a don't buy / poor choice.
xbanners
predictive search
xmenus
Old 02-06-2016, 10:15 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montie
I would expect the default setup for any of the selected feeds to be fully populated out of the box. Instead the feeds generated are blank.

The problem is that every shopping website has its own set of categories and requires a category from this set to be selected for each your product that goes into the feed.

Since there is no way to automatically guess what feed categories your products belong to, you have to choose the feed categories manually. You can do it when editing a product (the "Feed categories" tab), or from the list of products in the back end (select products and perform the "Update categories" action).

Also, there is a checkbox on the feed settings page. When enabled, it includes products without feed categories into feeds. However, most shopping sites will consider this as a problem and display a warning when importing the feeds. That's why the setting is disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montie
When I go to configure them (which I really shouldn't have to do), there are bunches of fields missing.

Please can you clarify what fields are missing?

Last edited by xplorer : 02-06-2016 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:52 AM

X-Cart team

The attached custom module adds two buttons that look through product attributes and automatically select "Color" and "Size" ones.

Although the module has no official support and will likely work not for all users, I think it may be useful for those who have a lot of color and size attributes defined across multiple products and product classes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-feed-color-size-button.png
Views:	495
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	4462  
Attached Files
File Type: tar Custom-PreselectFeedMapping-v5_2_0.tar (13.0 KB, 468 views)
Old 02-15-2016, 11:34 AM

X-Cart team

Product Feeds v5.2.6 has been released.

The changes are:
- added the ability to map product attributes to the "unit pricing measure" and "unit pricing base measure" columns in Google Shopping feeds
- added the full support for Sale module: now feeds (that have such a column) include the original product price as well as the on-sale one
- fixed wrong characters in a few categories from the Google taxonomy
- changed the signature of \XLite\Module\QSL\ProductFeeds\Core\FeedItem::__ca ll() method to match the new version of X-Cart 5 (without the change a warning was recorder into log files)
Old 02-24-2016, 08:05 PM

Hi, how can I add a column with the inventory, right now only is "Available" that is good but also I need to specified the quantity with number
Old 02-24-2016, 08:08 PM

X-Cart team

What shopping comparison website do you need this for?
As far as I remember some of the feeds require "Available" instead of the actual number of units in the stock.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:15 PM

I use google shopping also for other site all is perfect only I need also specific the inventory in number
Old 02-24-2016, 08:24 PM

http://icecat.biz/es/p/brother/lc-75m/cartuchos-de-tinta-0012502627326-Brother-Innobella-8167736.html

because I dont specified the inventory with number, all my products show not stock
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 5