Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Template editing guide

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 04-11-2014, 01:51 PM

Advanced Member

Default Template editing guide

Is there any template editing guide for xcart5??
Old 04-11-2014, 11:22 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Template editing guide

The only X-cart 5 documentation I know of is here: http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Developer+docs

The Flexy template engine, is not very well documented in my opinion, not the fault of the developers really, its just that there are not many discussions about it. Its documented here: http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.html.html-template-flexy.php

But there are no comments or notes, its like everyone that uses it just knows how to automatically...
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:40 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks! I totally agree on the lack of documentation, love the fact that balinor had compile a great guide for the classic 4 which helped me alot. I am still debating when should I change to 5 even though I like a lot of the features ,but then again if I want to tweak it, I have no where to start!
Old 04-13-2014, 09:11 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rct
Thanks! I totally agree on the lack of documentation, love the fact that balinor had compile a great guide for the classic 4 which helped me alot. I am still debating when should I change to 5 even though I like a lot of the features ,but then again if I want to tweak it, I have no where to start!
Padriac is a great guy, we miss him around here. I have tried to help take up the slack, and Steve does a great job as well.

I just released my second tutorial on X-cart 5 (link in sig), not about template editing, more about removing templates and viewing classes. I am currently developing a module, and I am using it as a basis for my learning, and to make some tutorials that will hopefully help others.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru

The following user thanks totaltec for this useful post:
xplorer (04-16-2014)
Old 04-13-2014, 01:44 PM

X-Guru

Oh, I found a template engine guide for Litecommerce here: http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=LiteCommerce:Flexy_templates_engin e

Litecommerce was the predecessor to X-cart 5 so it should still largely apply.

XcartGuru

Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 PM

X-Cart team

Hi!

Don't let the "Flexy" name mislead you LiteCommerce 2 (2!) used an early version of the PEAR's package named Flexy. But the code changed a lot since then, so now it is a different beast.

Use this website instead:
http://kb.x-cart.com/dosearchsite.action?queryString=flexy

As for the link on the help.x-cart.com website that Mike mentioned: it is for the Flexy version used in LiteCommerce 2. Go there only if you can't find information in the official XC5 dev guide at kb.x-cart.com - there are many improvements in the Flexy version used in X-Cart 5 which aren't even mentioned in the LiteCommerce 2 docs.

If you have a specific question feel free to ask in these forums. Tony from the XC5 team does a good job consulting third-party developers there.

The following user thanks xplorer for this useful post:
totaltec (04-16-2014)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)