Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 02-17-2006, 01:37 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannawdm
Has anybody here installed this mod and then upgraded to the latest version (4.1)? If so, did the mod survive the upgrade? Or did you have to re-install it?

My guess is it will break. As long as X-Cart doesn't consider the current BETA/RC 4.1.x STABLE, I wouldn't consider any mods for it until you know for a fact that it is compatible.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:49 AM

I need to run this mod in a localhost environment. anybody have any suggestions since this mod only works on the licensed url? I've trying to email scouch but my emails keep coming back.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:55 AM

I requested this too just 24 hours ago. Stephen said he'd supply it as soon as he could get round to it. It is the weekend too
Old 02-18-2006, 07:51 AM

awesome, let me know when you get yours. I assume all he needs to do is add the localhost ip to the encoded files. I have to fly into vegas tomorrow and this is the last thing from preventing my site to work correctly
Old 02-18-2006, 07:57 AM

Sure . . . the moment I get it I'll let you know (if Stephen doesn't before!)
Old 02-18-2006, 09:00 AM

X-Guru

Just wanted to note that you can easily get around the domain restriction on a localhost dev copy without having "localhost" encoded with the mod.

Simply use a HOST file ( XP/2k: C:\%WINDOWS%\system32\drivers\etc\HOST ) and you can easily reroute any domain to 127.0.0.1

Google link:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-05,GGLJ:en&q=HOST+file

Old 02-18-2006, 09:10 AM

i'm going to try that out. little rusty with terminal but the it should work the same way as on a pc. Thanks for the tip.

update: spoke too soon
Old 02-18-2006, 09:17 AM

Just received my localhost dist from Stephen

Thanks too to Boomer for the tip!
Old 02-18-2006, 10:28 AM

still havent gotten that file from Steve yet, the HOSTS workaround works except now I'm having issues with images to show

http://www.pooltradeshop.com/example1.gif

the alt tags show up where they should, but not the pictures. I tried right clicking and "view image" and get this message:

"The image Б─°http://www.pooltradeshop.com/xcart/image.php?productid=16137Б─² cannot be displayed, because it contains errors."

I even fixed the "images locations" in the admin panel to exactly where they are locally on my computer. Also I've uploaded the images again and tried the exact url where they are stored with no problems. Any ideas? Everything works just like the site except that.

Update: Wasn't the gd support, that's enabled. wierdest thing. Its supposed to generate a chache for the image but doesn't locally. Going to try to reload all images manually.

Tried manually, it worked. Guess I have my solution so i can finally get some sleep for a bit
Old 02-19-2006, 12:49 AM

X-Adept

Just installed the mod on my localhost. Have to configure still some things out. But got a qeustion about it. The images are stored in the file system in the folder files/cashe. But what if you will move your shop directory to a other location like the root, will the images still work?
And what if you export your products from your localhost and try to import those into your online shop on your real server. Will that also work?

Edit:
Found another thing. If you delete a image of your product. Its still remains in your cache folder. This would take a lot of space if you deleted a lot of images. Is there a way to modify the script so that the images that are associated also will be deleted, would spare some space...

X-Cart Gold 4.1.8 (Live & Loaded)
Royal Bhaktapur: Handmade products from Nepal - Pashmina's, scarfs, shawls, stola's and more...
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4