Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

My Account Login

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 07-19-2005, 12:32 PM

X-Adept

Are you returning to the "My Account" login page? I registered and then went to your "My Account" link but that isn't the Login page that you made... but when I went to your original login link, I saw everything.

I think uit's the https redirect setting in general settings that is forcing it back to http and the home.php, but everything is working just not linked to the page that you want.

- Mike
Old 07-19-2005, 12:37 PM

Advanced Member

sorry didnt update that link till it works.

Yes I got it, but i had to use the original files and not the _mod ones I made. Dont know why.

Now I just need to stylize them. This will work as I dont use them on my home.tpl

Thanks again. Great mod.
Lite Commerce v2.2
Old 07-19-2005, 01:13 PM

X-Adept

A lot of folks make this out as just a "Login" mod, but it's much more. Think about the potential of having special content for your users or advertising, marketing of something they like. This is also a great place to introduce a support ticket system or better service a customer.

Getting customers to use the "My Account" section of our sites has dropped the heavy service e-mails and requests that were bogging us down. Once they know how and where to track orders and search info., they will go there. Yes, you can have this in the menu method that the default XC uses, but for a while there- every new X-Cart function was being added as a new "Menu" area cluttering the sides of the store. Just too many menus and so I think it is useful to move login, get the minicart out of the gutter, rework manufacturers, as well as perhaps placing the gift certificates outside of "special".

My opinions, but XC's menus are decent for admin, but lack on the end-user side.

- Mike
Old 07-19-2005, 11:19 PM

Advanced Member

Hi there;
this is exactly what I'm looking for, but because I'm newbie ....
Is the code posted by mffowler at the beginning, still good ( I mean updated ?
I got confused because there's also a code posted by Shan.
Sorry guys
Maybe one of the X-cart Guru can post a revised code for guys like me.
Thanks !
Updated to 4.1.9 - retired
Updated to 4.4
Old 07-20-2005, 12:08 AM

X-Adept

Shan's post is great if you want a login page (just login). hut, if you want the features of separate account info/details then you'll need something like my mod. You can also just reference the secured login php to get a separate login.

My mod is still intact but you need to change the button_vunc tpl reference to whatever button template you use. Other than that, you should be fine... I'll change that one of these days.

- Mike
Old 07-20-2005, 12:09 AM

Advanced Member

thanks mike you were a big help with it.
Lite Commerce v2.2
Old 07-20-2005, 04:35 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks mffowler !
This will be my first big project ! for the next week.
Thanks again for share with others.
Aldo
Updated to 4.4
Old 07-20-2005, 05:14 PM

X-Adept

I hope it helps you. Keep in mind:

If you just want a login page, then use the secured login or Shan's cart.php mod login. Those are much easier solutions. I like having a customer center as it gives you a chance to provide more upselling opportunities to your customers.

It's more about the potential of future activities. Look at Amazon and their "Where's my stuff?" or account access... they sell at every possible point at that is where X-Cart needs to improve upon.

Images, customer service and upselling and the integration of all three. Jon's upsell mod would be great to integrate into other areas of the site or at least place the upselling templates in additional areas.

- Mike
Old 07-20-2005, 07:05 PM

Advanced Member

Me too, I like the "Customer Center" idea, and actually just started
"trying" to implement your Mod.
But I'm already facing my first problem.

My Help/index.tpl is:

Code:
{* $Id: index.tpl,v 1.6 2004/03/16 10:43:08 svowl Exp $ *} {include file="page_title.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_help_zone} {if $section eq "Password_Recovery"} {include file="help/Password_Recovery.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "Password_Recovery_message"} {include file="help/Password_Recovery_message.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "Password_Recovery_error"} {include file="help/Password_Recovery.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "FAQ"} {include file="help/FAQ_HTML.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "contactus"} {include file="help/contactus.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "about"} {include file="help/about.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "business"} {include file="help/business.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "conditions"} {include file="help/conditions.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "publicity"} {include file="help/publicity.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "about_deliveries"} {include file="help/about_deliveries.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "Links_Sources"} {include file="help/Links_Sources.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "finance_front"} {include file="help/finance_front.tpl"} {elseif $section eq "login"} {include file="help/login.tpl"} {else} {include file="help/general.tpl"} {/if}

What should I do ? replace the "If" on my code by your example
Code:
{if $section eq "login"} {include file="help/login.tpl"}

and add those 2 "elseif" on your example.

and my 2nd. question is : I don't have "help/login_message.tpl"
Did I miss something ?

Thanks is advance !
Aldo
Updated to 4.4
Old 07-20-2005, 08:00 PM

X-Adept

Just include the login/tpl as an elseif. the login_message.tpl only refernces the login errors, it shouldn't prevent the mod from working.

This can use some work or at least be cleaned up, but it is a good mod to get use to the functionality of Smarty templates and shouldn't take long to see what is going on.

- Mike
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions