Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Easy Checkout Mod for X-Cart 3.5.x and 4.0.x

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 09-01-2004, 10:23 AM

X-Guru

Code:
{if $main ne "anonymous_checkout" AND $main ne "checkout"} Do this is it's not in the checkout phase {/if}
Old 09-02-2004, 12:18 AM

X-Adept

Thanks Jon, that works. This begs the question, why didn't the others work? I would have thought the OR statement should have produced the same output unless my knowledge of boolean has gone awry!

Thanks!

Dan

and

Old 09-02-2004, 08:08 AM

X-Guru

When you go to the checkout page you'll get these two variables:

When it is an anonymous checkout then "main will not equal checkout"

When it is a checkout, then "main will not equal anonymous_checkout"

So no matter what, one of the ne statements will be true. You can't use the OR command then, because at any given time one of the statements will be true. If you use the AND then it will work.

Don't know if that makes sense or not
Old 09-03-2004, 03:12 AM

X-Adept

Gotcha, thanks Jon!

These edits I'm making to the checkout are a PITA! Be nice if you could easily alter the sequence or positioning of certain menus/buttons/descriptive text. Some of the buttons, IMO, are too far down or it's not immediately clear what the customer should do next.

Dan

and

Old 09-03-2004, 03:44 AM

X-Adept

OK, couple more questions Jon, if that's OK.

1. You said you'd sorted out the logging in at checkout mess, which now takes you back to the last stage you were at rather than back to the "View cart" screen -was that using the hack at http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=3088?
2. What is common practice for the displaying of the cart contents at checkout i.e. when should the cart details "disappear" to give a cleaner look? Also, can the reference to showing the cart contents on the login/new member and payment details screens be deleted without affecting the overall checkout process?

Thanks

Dan

and

Old 09-03-2004, 11:40 AM

X-Guru

1) I didn't use that mod no. I just added a $redirect2 variable to the login and register pages and then modified /include/login.php and /include/register.php to do a header ("Location: /customer/cart.php?mode=checkout"); if that variable was set.

2) If you look at the screenshots on the first page, I just put a cart tab at the top and removed it from elsewhere in the checkout process. If they want to view their cart, they can click back. I also changed the checkout links on my site to point to cart.php instead of /customer/cart.php?mode=checkout so by default they are going to cart.php as the first phase of the checkout process.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:42 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanUK
Gotcha, thanks Jon!

These edits I'm making to the checkout are a PITA! Be nice if you could easily alter the sequence or positioning of certain menus/buttons/descriptive text. Some of the buttons, IMO, are too far down or it's not immediately clear what the customer should do next.

Dan

There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do that. It's all in the tpl files.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:51 AM

X-Adept

Thanks a lot Jon, I'm nearly there -nowhere near as nice as yours but it tidies up the existing process at least. I've got rid of the cart at the login/anonymous checkout pages and reintroduced it at the very final screen so they can check the order one last time before submitting -just copying Amazon's process!

I'm about to embark on the login/checkout hack. Your method seems to be far far easier. I think I've got the gist of it!

Thanks again,

Dan

and

Old 09-03-2004, 11:53 AM

X-Guru

^ The difficulty is just making sure variables are passed through cause smarty doesn't make it the easiest.

Can you PM me a link, I'd love to see your process and maybe steal some ideas
Old 09-03-2004, 12:10 PM

X-Adept

Lol, I'll send you a pm when it's finished, but really it's nothing special at all, just based on the standard X-Cart look -I see it as more of a tidy up of what's there already! Your site is how I'd like mine to be if I had the time...I likke the Quickcart idea BTW.

Thanks

Dan

and

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4