Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Important change in X-Cart forums: welcome the new mod

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Veteran

Default Re: Important change in X-Cart forums: welcome the new mod

Thanks for your support in here Padriac. Care to PM me the cart name? Just curious.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:58 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Thanks for your support in here Padriac. Care to PM me the cart name? Just curious.

Me too.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:09 AM

eXpert

Kudos for balinor .

Thank you very much for your support .

I always amazed with his post count.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:09 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsonwebhosting
sad to see that the old moderators are being removed.

This could be a fatal shot to the forum. Lets look at this a little closer. You are removing multiple people as MODs and replacing them with one. Most of the folks that MOD this forum spend much more than an eight hour shift would allow.

I agree that QT needs to take an active roll on here but I wonder if we will get the same service we currently get with QT Tech support. The time zone is a major killer.

To the folks that have been working as a MOD on here and to Padriac:
Thank you so much for your time and sharing of information. You folks are very responsible for making X-cart what it is today and I hope that QT values that as much as we do. I hope that you will continue to participate.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone.
Mike
Old 12-22-2010, 08:58 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
It has been a pleasure working with all of your over the past 7 years, I wish you all the best of luck.

See you around __________________
Padraic Ryan

Ryan Design Studio LLC
Professional E-Commerce Design
www.ryandesignstudio.com

IMO it was a dark, dark, day when I re-read the finality in the above quoted statement. Speaking for myself balinor's contribution's will be missed in this forum. Mr. Ryan always projected a sense of "to the point" direction and helped instill confidence in many of us who are not that technical.

He directed the forum traffic well and did it with a sense of urgency. He always seemed to play by the rules of the forum.

I wish the QT forum representative(s) the best in their efforts to fill in the void.

Joe O'Malley
Old 01-02-2011, 12:19 PM

I been sitting here for weeks asking why would you get rid of moderators. You don▓t need to get rid of the moderators, to add Qualiteam moderator. If I owned a forum, my team would be in there all the time. There is a wealth of information why people are having problems with a product. You don▓t a survey to find out what customer think of your product, the answer are in the forum. I thinking you want people to use paid support and not a free forum.

Qualiteam Total Posts: 44 (1.68 posts per day)
Balinor Total Posts: 29,386 (11.20 posts per day)
Pauldodman Total Posts: 2,301 (0.84 posts per day)
Cflsystems Total Posts: 3,825 (2.80 posts per day)

Which brings me to why would you have support points expire. I pay $34.50 for 64 points and don▓t use then. You use the money to pay your bills or employees. Or stick the money in the bank and earn 2% interest, and in 2 year my money is worthless?

For an American, I don▓t think foreign companies understand good will or customer service. After they have your money they don▓t give you customer service. Here in California we have many foreign born nationals businesses and anytime you have a problem with the product, then return to the store, they point to the sign ⌠No Returns or Exchange■ in the window.

My second point is why would you give only one license per user, for x-payments to existing customer, when most people with multipliable license is someone reselling your product. I can understand it not being transferable.

Balinor
⌠While I will still contribute when I can, this comes at a good time as I will now be developing the majority of my sites on a different cart platform.■

I love X-cart after two years. I used a free cart for a couple of years and every time I need to upgrade to new features, I could not upgrade with my products and customers. The best $200.00 I ever spend. I▓m not paying a monthly fee or have limit number products.

One of my suppliers asks me all the time about the cart. They spend thousands of dollars on theirs and it does not do half the thing as x-cart.

Spreading good will is the best way to grow.

Just my two cents

The following user thanks eddy for this useful post:
Santorelli (01-03-2011)
Old 01-02-2011, 01:04 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
I been sitting here for weeks asking why would you get rid of moderators. You don’t need to get rid of the moderators, to add Qualiteam moderator.
Eddy,
I agree, it's seems to me that the wheel wasn't broken in the forums, so why did we need to fix it? X-cart has one of the most vibrant, and by far efficient forum. There was nothing stopping QT from becoming more involve-which by all mean they should be- Hope this is for the better.
Le Coeur tiens Bon!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:33 PM

eXpert

I've been back and forth about whether to say the following comment. But I think open feedback to QT and transparency is best. I might piss off some folks here, but I also think you'll agree with part of it.

Here's a quote from my post here: http://www.shoppingcart-program.com/2010/11/shopping-cart-comparison/#idc-container
Quote:
On the fairly active forum, I sometimes see complaints about the X-Cart devs. ("Qualiteam") charging for support. This kinda pisses me off. At a price of $149 for feature-rich cart that compares to other carts that are 5x more, clearly the devs have decided to split out support from the price of the code. Which would you rather have:
A) X-Cart for $1000 with free support for a year, or
B) X-Cart for $149 and pay-as-you-go support for $35 per hour?
Well, I'd rather pay less up front, and have freedom to choose (meaning option B). Maybe you are a capable coder, or you have your own freelancer or staff coder, and therefore can fix things on your end. Power to the people! Right? No brainer.

There's no doubt in my mind that the long-term cost of ownership of X-Cart is less than comparable carts.
The rest of that blog post also describes my feelings about XCart. I've spent hundreds of hours on it so far. I still am confident in my choice, and would not want to be with any other cart at this point.
BCSE PayPal DPM
CDSEO Pro 2.1.8
BCSE Drop Shipper Pro
Google Rich Snippets
Time and money-saving tips I've learned as a webstore owner at http://ShoppingCart-Program.com

The following user thanks Mr. G for this useful post:
ambal (01-04-2011)
Old 01-02-2011, 09:22 PM

X-Man

I agree Mr. G. When I first started my jaunt with x-cart I got a price to develop the cart I wanted. $20,000 for another cart. I easily made my printing store for under $1,500. Thank you X-Cart!!!

The following user thanks ARW VISIONS for this useful post:
ambal (01-04-2011)
Old 01-02-2011, 09:30 PM

eXpert

Part of the reason for that post was in response to that idiot who just posted in the Rants and you dealt with, Ashley. But I have no desire to engage an idiot.
Now that I got all that off my chest, I see I'm somewhat off topic. But, I already did express my thanks to the four former mods. I did not express this:

QT's premise for discontinuing the four mods was from Ambal's post that "User qualiteam" would replace them. That was posted on 12/20/10, so I'm going to give them a holiday pass for a few more days. (The Russians/Ukrainians do celebrate this time of year heavily.) But after that, if User qualiteam doesn't do at least 20 posts a day to support users (especially new ones like me) who really need it, I'm going to be screaming that this was a massive mistake and to kick it in to prove otherwise.
BCSE PayPal DPM
CDSEO Pro 2.1.8
BCSE Drop Shipper Pro
Google Rich Snippets
Time and money-saving tips I've learned as a webstore owner at http://ShoppingCart-Program.com
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements