Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Send to Friend on product pages.

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 10-21-2004, 04:12 PM

eXpert

this is making me scratch my head... http://www.motionzoo.com/forum/images/smilies/more/headscratch.gif

i unzipped the original, unedited 4.0.0 installation and products.tpl contains no references to "send to friend"

product.tpl is calling it through the cartlab-tabs.tpl include so it seems like it should be working...

are you really sure theres no option somewhere to turn it on/off?
Linux/Apache
Net::SSLeay 1.25
libCURL libcurl/7.12.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.1.4
www.ewdhosting.com
Old 10-21-2004, 04:43 PM

eXpert

well i dont know if there is a better way to do it with a conditional to make it work with Boomers tabbed product menu mod, but i added

Quote:
[*]Send to Friend

to cartlab-tabs.tpl and it shows up now
Linux/Apache
www.ewdhosting.com
Old 10-21-2004, 04:48 PM

eXpert

also now that send to friend is part of the default xcart, is there any way to stop people from abusing this and spamming 10000 emails through it?
Linux/Apache
www.ewdhosting.com
Old 10-22-2004, 04:14 AM

X-Guru

Sorry, yeh product.tpl

EnriqueHavoc, have you seen the send to friend being spammed ? if so this needs to be fixed

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 10-22-2004, 11:49 AM

eXpert

nope- i havent seen it be spammed, but i just suspect it could be abused.
Linux/Apache
www.ewdhosting.com
Old 10-23-2004, 09:07 PM

I can't seem to get this to work in my 3.5.10 test shop. When you click on the Send-To-A-Friend link, I get a blank page with a url like this:

http://domain-name.com/customer/sendtofriend.php?mode=update&productid=16164

Any ideas where I might have messed up?

X-Cart Gold
Version 4.4.5
Old 06-23-2005, 05:29 PM

hi guys,

I have 4.12 installed which has send to friend by default, but I like the fuctionality of a text link instead of it filling up the product page. Any ideas how to link to send to friend? I have tried
Code:
<A href="send_to_friend.php?mode=update&productid={$product.productid}">
with unsucessful results. It just takes me back to the home page. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:23 AM

Advanced Member

I really like this mod, much more than the out of the box functionality of 4.x. Is there anyway to make this work on a 4.x installation?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:12 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardolino
I really like this mod, much more than the out of the box functionality of 4.x. Is there anyway to make this work on a 4.x installation?

Install it and comment out the out of can mod and now you only use the custom mod.

then it is done.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwhoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardolino

Install it and comment out the out of can mod and now you only use the custom mod.

then it is done.

That did not work for me. I had to do my own sendtofriend.php page, by simply including current can.

Code:
<?php # # altered Send to Friend Mod 4.18 # require "./auth.php"; require $xcart_dir."/include/categories.php"; if($active_modules["Manufacturers"]) include $xcart_dir."/modules/Manufacturers/customer_manufacturers.php"; if($active_modules["Bestsellers"]) include "modules/Bestsellers/bestsellers.php"; $product_info = func_select_product($productid, $user_account['membership']); $cat = $product_info["categoryid"]; $userinfo = func_userinfo($login,$login_type); include "send_to_friend.php"; $smarty->assign("userinfo",$userinfo); $smarty->assign("fillerror",$fillerror); $smarty->assign("main","send_to_friend"); $location[] = array(func_get_langvar_by_name("lbl_send_to_friend", "")); $smarty->assign("location",$location); $smarty->assign("product",$product_info); func_display("customer/home.tpl",$smarty); ?>

and since I display image of item to be sent in that send page, here is my send_to_friend.tpl

Code:
{* $Id: send_to_friend.tpl,v 1.6.2.2 2004/12/10 13:14:52 max Exp $ *} The product you have selected to send to your friend: <table><tr> <td><a href=product.php?productid={$smarty.get.productid}&cat={$cat}&page={$navigation_page}>{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$smarty.get.productid image_x=100 product=$products[product].product}</a></td> <td></td> <td>Product: <font class="red">{$product.product|escape}</font> {$product.descr|truncate:100:"...":true}</td> </tr></table> <SCRIPT type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript 1.2"> var requiredFields = new Array(); requiredFields[0] = new Array('send_name', "{$lng.lbl_send_your_name|strip_tags|replace:'"':'\"'}", false); requiredFields[1] = new Array('send_from', "{$lng.lbl_send_your_email|strip_tags|replace:'"':'\"'}", false); requiredFields[2] = new Array('send_to', "{$lng.lbl_sent_recipient_email|strip_tags|replace:'"':'\"'}", false); </SCRIPT> {include file="check_required_fields_js.tpl"} {include file="check_email_script.tpl"} {capture name=dialog} <TABLE border="0"> <FORM action="product.php" method="post" name="send"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="mode" value="send"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="productid" value="{$product.productid}"> <TR> <TD class="FormButton">{$lng.lbl_send_your_name}:</TD> <TD><FONT class="Star">*</FONT></TD> <TD><INPUT id="send_name" type="text" size="45" name="name"></TD> </TR> <TR> <TD class="FormButton">{$lng.lbl_send_your_email}:</TD> <TD><FONT class="Star">*</FONT></TD> <TD><INPUT id="send_from" type="text" size="45" name="from" onchange="javascript: checkEmailAddress(this);"></TD> </TR> <TR> <TD class="FormButton">{$lng.lbl_sent_recipient_email}:</TD> <TD><FONT class="Star">*</FONT></TD> <TD><INPUT id="send_to" type="text" size="45" name="email" onchange="javascript: checkEmailAddress(this);"></TD> </TR> <TR> <TD class="FormButton" valign="top">Add A Message:</TD> <TD><FONT class="Star"></FONT></TD> <TD><textarea name="msg" id="msg" cols="44" rows="12"></textarea></TD> </TR> <TR> <TD colspan="3"> {include file="buttons/button.tpl" style="button" button_title=$lng.lbl_send_to_friend href="javascript: if(checkRequired('')) document.send.submit();"}</TD> </TR> </FORM> </TABLE> {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_send_to_friend content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"}

I had the textarea mod already installed. This turned out to be better. It simply does not display the outgoing template.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions