Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 PM

X-Guru

Default Shipstation?

Anyone using Shipstation?

http://www.shipstation.com
Old 03-12-2013, 04:57 AM

eXpert

Default Re: Shipstation?

I do not use this, however, I would absolutely LOVE to know if someone does. I might have to try to download the free demo... great find!

Development
X-Cart Gold Plus v4.7.12
- php 7.3
- reBOOT reDUX
- other goodies

X-Cart Gold v4.7.7
- reBOOT Template
- XPayments 3.0.2
- Abandoned Cart Reminder
- BCSE Reward Points
- BCSE Stock Notify
- XPDF Invoices
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 AM

X-Guru

OK -- this is a home run.

ShipStation is an SaaS that simply works, right out of the box. I am giving it 11-stars.

IF you already have Endicia/Dazzle for USPS, @ $25/month including a free Endicia account, you are paying an additional $9/month for never having to copy/paste shipping and tracking back and forth ever again. Yes, you can cancel your Endicia account!

If you are like me and also have an Amazon marketplace account, it also integrates seamlessly and effortlessly. If you have 2 "sales channels" (X-Cart is one, Amazon is another), the cost is $45/month (less the $16/month you were paying for Endicia). Is it worth $1 a day to me to automate the entire Amazon and X-Cart fulfillment? Uh, what do you think?

1. PERFECT integration with X-Cart - one php file dropped into the store root, enter admin name/password. Done.
2. PERFECT integration with Amazon marketplace. A link to Amazon and a username/password. Done.

I couldn't be a more satisfied customer.
The service works exactly as described - didn't need any help integrating.

http://www.shipstation.com/

Did I say this was a home run?

If you need 3 or more "sales channels" it does get more expensive -- but it does count FBA and Amazon marketplace as 1 channel -- you can take orders and merchant fulfill from Amazon, but also take orders on X-Cart and fulfill using FBA, and that's only 2 channels.

I just shipped 14 orders in about 9 minutes. That used to take me an hour copy/pasting data back and forth to dazzle and amazon and x-cart.
I just cancelled my Endicia professional account and they credited my postage balance back to my credit card on file. They only charged the partial month (pro-rated) for the days that I actually had the account open. This is "Real Company Shit" as explained by Wil Reynolds.

Did I say I am very happy with this? !!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 AM

X-Guru

Followup:
I processed and shipped 27 orders this morning in about 20 minutes.
Last week that would have taken about 2 hrs+

ShipStation is proving to be an incredible investment.

The integration with X-Cart is literally "copy one file to root" + enter your password. And that's it!

They also have very responsive support if you have any questions. I had a few newbie questions and they answered promptly. I am so smart for installing this.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:17 PM

Veteran

Happy for you Jeremy, good to see you on a positive note
Old 03-19-2013, 01:49 PM

Why not use something like T-HUB in place of this? No coping of files or anything.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:51 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluedoorboutique
Why not use something like T-HUB in place of this? No coping of files or anything.

Because T-Hub is incredibly expensive for what it does?
And T-Hub is only a conduit- you will still use Worldship and Dazzle --
ShipStation replaces Dazzle and Worldship for most routine order shipping operations.
ShipStation eliminates the need to export or import anything to any other app.
I don't consider T-Hub to be a competitor to ShipStation, because anyone who sees ShipStation will immediately realize that it is a generational improvement over past solutions.

I am simply a happy customer.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 AM

X-Adept

Carpeperdiem,

Thank you for bringing shipstation to my attention. It looks like a great product for our needs as well (Since we use Macs, we have never been able to use UPS Worldship). Just eliminating the need to cut and paste and parse the shipping info from the XC order to either UPS.com or to Endicia will save us a bunch of time.

Can you shed some more light on the integration process with X-Cart? Like, how does it know which orders to pull into Shipstation? Is there a way to ship a second time to a single order (we often split shipments due to backordered products)?

I know you are not getting anything from Shipstation as far as referral fees, and I have already put a call into them to get more info, but as an XCarter, you probably know the integration details better anyway.
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)
Old 03-20-2013, 06:48 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartaglia
Carpeperdiem,

Thank you for bringing shipstation to my attention. It looks like a great product for our needs as well (Since we use Macs, we have never been able to use UPS Worldship). Just eliminating the need to cut and paste and parse the shipping info from the XC order to either UPS.com or to Endicia will save us a bunch of time.

Can you shed some more light on the integration process with X-Cart? Like, how does it know which orders to pull into Shipstation? Is there a way to ship a second time to a single order (we often split shipments due to backordered products)?

I know you are not getting anything from Shipstation as far as referral fees, and I have already put a call into them to get more info, but as an XCarter, you probably know the integration details better anyway.

X-Cart Integration:

1. copy the file shipstation provides <shipstation_xcart.php>
2. enter your admin password in shipstation interface
3. your'e done

There are a few other settings you will want to teach shipstation -- such as default methods and packaging, label formatting, do you want shipstation to send the email or not, etc...

I actually LIKE the shipstation "your order is shipped" email better than xcart, so I am using that instead now.

Shipstation communicates with xcart -- and it changes the status of an order from "processed" to "Complete" after the order is shipped. HOWEVER -- and this does affect some operations -- it is simply changing the status. It is NOT the same as selecting the Complete status and then updating from the admin. Why is this important? Some processes and mods are looking for the function, "COmplete" to trigger actions; xcart will send an email if configured to, BCSE points will credit user points, etc... so by shipstation "simply" changing the status to "Complete" could mean adjusting your workflow.

In my case:

1. I am now using shipstation to send customer notifications "your order shipped" with tracking, etc...
2. Since I am using BCSE points system (CRP), I discovered a conflict with the CRP and the new Checkout_One x-payments connector -- right now, a processed order from C1XPC does not trigger the CRP accrue points. BCSE and ALteredCart know about this and I expect resolution shortly. For now, I am manually triggering "Complete" on all x-payment orders to the CRP points accrue. I can select all orders for the day, and do this with one click. This is not an issue with paypal payments.

I suggest dedicating a browser to shipstation because you want the default printer to be your label printer for shipping labels. So we use firefiox for shipstation, and the default printer for firefox is our Zebra label printer. I use Chrome for everything else, and my default printer for Chrome is the laser printer. Works great this way.

I have no other issues or reservations.

WHAT'S REALLY COOL is being able to automate Amazon Multi-channel fulfillment -- depending on size and cost of an item, the Amazon FBA fulfillment can be very cost effective. And for us, we can go on a short holiday without hiring (training) a shipping clerk. But before shipstation, we had to manually copy/paste each order - and that was a total buzz-kill. Now with shipstation, it's one-click and Amazon then fulfills. Yes, they charge about $6 to fulfill a one-pound item, but it would have cost us that ANYWAY. Now, in about 6 seconds, I route the order to Amazon FBA and that's that. When I had to train and bring in a shipping clerk every time I wouldgo away, it required a steady volume of orders, and we would up always lose $$ on it. Not anymore!

I don't rave on products or services all that often unless they work, and are a great value. This is one.

PS -- Just received a new laser printer for the shipping room. Canon 4770n. Using a staples.com coupon for $30 off w/ free next-day delivery, it cost $108 with tax. This is an UNBELIEVABLY GREAT monochrome laser printer/scanner/fax. This replaced a $3000 xerox printer that I've had for about 17 years. Canon is the best multi-function for macs and network use. I was going to buy the Brother, but their mac software is pretty much non-existent. I have other Canon printers and scanners - always a great value.

You see, I'm not always negative. I like a lot of things. I especially like things that work as represented and deliver value for the investment.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 AM

X-Guru

PS -- since there is no cost to demo this - you should just sign up.
As soon as you realize that this totally beats what you have right now, you will then call Endicia and cancel your $15.95/month service. I did that the very next morning.

When I explained to Endicia that I needed to cancel my subscription, they didn't even ask why! And since Endicia post-bills for the service fee, the end of month fee for March will only be the 13 days pro-rated that I actually used it.

And USPS postage balance was refunded to my credit card immediately.

BUT be aware -- that the moment you cancel your endicia account, Dazzle can't sync with their system and you lose the ability to track packages. SO make sure you download and archive your shipping history if you need it.

Endicia is a "no-bullshit" company. They treat their customers as we treat ours.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4