Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Customization to X-Payments

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 10-08-2013, 07:11 AM

Default Customization to X-Payments

Hello everyone!

I have a few questions regarding X-Payments module:

1. Do I have to go through the PCI Compliance Certification process if I use PCI Compliant X-Payments?

2. I am dealing with Google Wallet and it looks like I am going to need to customoze X-Payments to accept the temp PAN and CVN from GW. Is that possible? How about PCI Compliance in that case?

Thank you.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:24 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Customization to X-Payments

You should probably wait for an official reply from Alex or someone from QT, but I would say that you cannot customize or change X-payments without losing the PCI Certification.

Also I do not believe that you need to go through any Certification process if you use the default Module. IT has been through the process and is certified (at much expense by QT).
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.

The following 2 users thank totaltec for this useful post:
ambal (10-09-2013), Denis.ka (10-09-2013)
Old 10-09-2013, 02:40 AM

X-Cart team

Hi Denis.ka,

> 1. Do I have to go through the PCI Compliance Certification process if I use PCI
> Compliant X-Payments?

Any merchant is to go through the PCI compliance process and X-Payments is a tool to make i much it easier since it is PA-DSS 2.0 certified. See http://www.youtube.com/v/vzLUbQojfBA?fs=1&width=800&height=600&hl=en_US1&if rame=true&rel=0&hd=1 to understand PCI compliance better.

If you take payments online only and have no other channels where you can get credit card details from your customers - X-Payments can be the solution for you provided it is installed correctly (see http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:PA-DSS_implementation_guide). Usually in this case we recommend merchants to go with Hosted X-Payments plans (http://www.x-cart.com/xpayments-pricing.html).

> 2. I am dealing with Google Wallet and it looks like I am going to need to
> customoze X-Payments to accept the temp PAN and CVN from GW. Is that
> possible? How about PCI Compliance in that case?

X-Payments comes with full source code but it is not supposed to be customized as this will remove compliance status from such customized copy of X-Payments. Such change must be done through us (vendors of the software) and go through certification process. This is a requirement from the PCI industry and we have to obey it.
X-Payments product manager

The following 2 users thank ambal for this useful post:
Denis.ka (10-09-2013), totaltec (10-09-2013)
Old 10-11-2013, 05:33 AM

Dear Alex,

Thanks for you reply. Can you tell me if Google Wallet is going to implemented any time soon?

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:02 AM

X-Cart team

> Can you tell me if Google Wallet is going to implemented any time soon?

Not sure about that as it doesn't seem to be an integration for X-Payments. I believe Google Wallet implements their own checkout routine outside shopping carts and thus takes merchants out of the PCI scope. Or perhaps we are talking about other implementation of GW?
Old 10-11-2013, 06:15 AM

I think I did not make things clear: Google Wallet (Instant Buy API, not a payment gateway) and Google Checkout (the payment gateway) are two separate things. Google Checkout will be closed in November, I believe. Instead Google Wallet is coming up. The thing is that GW simply gives you a virtual PAN and CVN. These two are issues by GW for the transaction to be processed by the store's payment gateway. Then GW is expecting to get a transaction result back. To cut it short, we get PAN and CVN from GW and need to process it via X-Payment. How can we do that?

Thank you.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 AM

X-Cart team

Denis.ka,

Could you PM me link to GW docs? We will have a look with our dev team. If it is to be integrated in X-Payments indeed we will do that in next X-Payments 2.1 release, but I do not think it will ready by the end of the year. But we will do our best.
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions