Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Crisp White Skin in 5.3.* - Custom Modifications?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 02-14-2017, 12:28 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Crisp White Skin in 5.3.* - Custom Modifications?

After dealing with Non-IT (normal) work for a while....back to the CWS Custom Module project The current 100% operational setup that we're using is: XC 5.3.2.7 + XC Crisp White skin module 5.3.2.2 + our own Crisp White Skin (Mods) module 5.3.2.1 + some customised core .less files

Our own Crisp White Skin (Mods) module 5.3.2.1 processes all the modifications we have made in the Admin / Common / Mail areas via Main.php and all the modifications we have made in the Customer area via CrispWhiteMain.php (additional file to Main.php within the module) Pretty much as outlined at the end of this earlier post: https://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=400468&postcount=4. All modifications applied via this module run perfectly without any faults or issues so far

However .less files MUST still be added as modified .less core files currently, because modified .less files still don't work for some reason if / when called by a custom module... This is fine, just a bit tedious during upgrades. Read earlier in this thread about .less files and then this previous answer, which is yet to be 100% confirmed but does make sense;
Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
I'm waiting a reply from the XC5 dev team on this. My guess is that it is because style.less may be the "base" less file that the theme loads first. But I may be wrong
We then had the later thread update c/w download which provides a different method (more effective in theory) for making our custom module work in-conjunction with Crisp White Skin. Next message >>>
Old 02-14-2017, 12:29 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Crisp White Skin in 5.3.* - Custom Modifications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
I've tried this locally and it works for me. I'm attaching a sample module that will "decorate" Crisp White theme with its own "skin" directories. It changes the left sidebar menu template in the backend (so a new "Custom header" title appears above it), plus it makes some sidebar blocks in the storefront yellow (check a category page to see it). I didn't try other "interfaces" (mail and common), but I believe it should be done exactly the same as I did for the "admin interface" (check the MainCrispWhite::getSkins() method). Also, I've found that when you adjust getSkins() method of CrispWhite, X-Cart 5 does not include the new skin directories into the archive with your module files when you create one. That's why instead of placing new skin files into skins/my_custom_theme/... I split these into multiple skins/customer/modules/... directories (check the structure of the attached archive). Does this work for you?
In a word... No Well not yet anyway.

After creating a new custom module as per the example in the download and customising it for our own use / setup, we installed it and enabled it with no issues, but we cannot then get it to actually do anything... This will be our error we're sure, because you found it worked okay. Maybe it's just our mis-understanding of the modified file positions when using this version of the custom module? i.e. Placement of the modified files which it implements is only mentioned in the message (not the sample download data). FWIW We have located modified files in: /skins/admin/modules/dev-name/module-name/... & /skins/customer/modules/dev-name/module-name/... to test things initially before adding them in common and mail, which is correct as we understand it from the last message, but to no avail...
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)