Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

High-volume Website with Many Products

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 02-18-2014, 03:15 AM

Advanced Member

Default High-volume Website with Many Products

Hi,

I have a client who has around 9,000 products with around 10-20 product variations each. That's around 180,000 purchase-able items all in all. The website generates around 200-300 transactions per day. I want to know if X-Cart is capable of handling this kind of traffic and if you've ever encountered instances where X-Cart choked out due to so many queries/transactions? I am currently using Prestashop as a platform and it has proved to be a pain to set up and customize based on my specifications. I plan to transfer to X-Cart but I need to know if it can handle this large volume without any hick-ups.

Thanks in advance.
X-Cart Gold v4.4.3
X-Cart Gold v4.5.4
Old 02-19-2014, 02:25 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Default Re: High-volume Website with Many Products

Hi Robert,

Sure X-Cart can handle this kind of traffic as the store performance mainly depends on the server you use.

We do have stores that have about 600 daily transactions per day and over a thousand during summer and winter sales.

Depending on the specific case it might require some server tweaking though to make sure everything runs smoothly.
However our team can definitely help you with it. Distributing the load between several servers is also possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wites
Hi,

I have a client who has around 9,000 products with around 10-20 product variations each. That's around 180,000 purchase-able items all in all. The website generates around 200-300 transactions per day. I want to know if X-Cart is capable of handling this kind of traffic and if you've ever encountered instances where X-Cart choked out due to so many queries/transactions? I am currently using Prestashop as a platform and it has proved to be a pain to set up and customize based on my specifications. I plan to transfer to X-Cart but I need to know if it can handle this large volume without any hick-ups.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:36 PM

Advanced Member

I have another concern. This has something to do with migration of the data from Prestashop to X-Cart. Also there are custom features that the client requests (custom reports, custom EXCEL invoices, etc.). I want to know if this can be handled by X-Cart. I'll go make a checklist so you can confirm if these features are available or not. Also I'd like a sample of high-traffic websites that runs X-Cart if it is possible.

Thanks and have a great day.
X-Cart Gold v4.4.3
X-Cart Gold v4.5.4
Old 02-20-2014, 06:35 PM

Advanced Member

I also forgot to mention that the website has around 2000 visits per day with around 30-50 concurrent visitors. Can X-Cart handle this was well?
X-Cart Gold v4.4.3
X-Cart Gold v4.5.4
Old 02-20-2014, 07:08 PM

X-Wizard

X-Cart is capable of dealing such amount of catalogue and traffic as long as the server is configured rightly.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:37 PM

Hi,

When I signed up for x-Cart last year the two most important wishes I had for a new ecommerce platform were:

- ecommerce system stability and performance
- code handling and features

Our site does around 150 orders per day from around 2,500 visitors / roughly 20-30 concurrent. From that 150, half are within the United States and the rest is throughout Europe and Asia.

Our platform can handle everything that is thrown at it with precision and ease of use.

- It took us sometime to configure and optimize our server to run with these types of scenarios but the time invested in such is absolutely worth it.

If you have any doubts, consider downloading the trial version of X-Cart and testing it out on one of our servers. I'm sure you'll see its a great platform to jump to
Braintree
Popup Anywhere
Abandoned Cart Reminder
Cloud Backup
Kayako Integration
Rich Google Search Results
Pin Code/License Key
Remember Me
Old 02-23-2014, 06:13 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Tigershark8700,

Can I have the URL of your shop so I can check it out and persuade my bosses to try out X-Cart?

Thanks and have a great day.
X-Cart Gold v4.4.3
X-Cart Gold v4.5.4
Old 02-25-2014, 02:09 PM

X-Man

Over the years I've had the pleasure to work with many large X-Cart stores. There's one still here with about 800,000 products in their store. I'm not going to mention the name of the place, but they're still active here on the forum, so maybe they'll jump in.

On a side note, I'm working with a client currently and their website currently has 564,000 products in X-Cart. As others said, it mainly depends on the server. They're using a pretty powerful hex-core server with 16GB memory and an SSD drive for the MySQL queries. We're hoping to have it completed in the next month or so and then go live to the general public. Currently it's active only for their resellers and vendors.
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project