Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Pre-Login Shipping Calculator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 AM

Advanced Member

I don't have time to go through all the pages, but if someone can e-mail me the code, I'll put it in the first post.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:43 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackit
I don't have time to go through all the pages, but if someone can e-mail me the code, I'll put it in the first post.

It's on its way to you.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 07-27-2005, 01:15 PM

Advanced Member

What is the code needed to change if wanting to get this installed on 4.0.9?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:35 PM

eXpert

This is the current code I am using, pulled together from the 9 pages of this post. I have used it on 4.0.12 through 4.0.14 and I assume it should work on 4.0.9.

In cart.php After:
Code:
x_session_register("cart"); x_session_register("intershipper_rates"); x_session_register("intershipper_recalc"); x_session_unregister("secure_oid"); x_session_register("extended_userinfo"); x_session_register("anonymous_checkout"); x_session_register("payment_cc_fields"); x_session_register("current_carrier");

Insert:
Code:
# BCSE x_session_register("zipcode_estimate"); x_session_register("default_country_estimate"); if($zip_estimate == "clear") { $zipcode_estimate = ""; func_header_location("cart.php"); } if(!empty($zip_estimate)) { $zipcode_estimate = $zip_estimate; $default_country_estimate= $country_estimate; if($country_estimate == "US") { $count = substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"0") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"1") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"2") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"3") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"4") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"5") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"6") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"7") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"8") + substr_count($zipcode_estimate,"9"); if($count != 5) //checking for 5 digits $zipcode_estimate = ""; } if($country_estimate == "CA" && strlen($zipcode_estimate)!=6) $zipcode_estimate= ""; if($mode=="checkout") func_header_location("cart.php?mode=checkout"); else func_header_location("cart.php"); } if($zipcode_estimate != "") { $config["General"]["default_country"] = $default_country_estimate; $config["General"]["apply_default_country"] = "Y"; $config["General"]["default_zipcode"] = $zipcode_estimate; $smarty->assign("estimate","NO"); } # BCSE

Then in skin1/customer/main/cart_totals.tpl Before:
Code:
{if $not_logged_message eq "1"}{$lng.txt_order_total_msg}{/if}

Insert:
Code:
{* BCSE Begin *} {if $login} {else} {if $estimate ne "NO"} Enter your country and zip/postal code to calculate shipping charges. Country: <select name='country_estimate'> <option value="US">United States <option value="CA">Canada </select> Zip/Postal Code: <input type=TEXT name='zip_estimate' size=6 maxlength=6> {include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title="Calculate Shipping" href="javascript: document.cartform.submit()" js_to_href="Y"} {else} Click here to change your zip code {/if} {/if} {* BCSE End *}

Go to main/customer/cart_totals.tpl

Instead of
Code:
{if $cart.taxes and $config.Taxes.display_taxed_order_totals ne "Y"} {foreach key=tax_name item=tax from=$cart.taxes} <TR> <TD nowrap><FONT class="FormButton">{$tax.tax_display_name}{if $tax.rate_type eq "%"} {$tax.rate_value}%{/if}:</FONT></TD> <TD>[img]{$ImagesDir}/null.gif[/img] </TD> <TD nowrap align="right"><FONT class="ProductPriceSmall">{if $login ne "" or $config.General.apply_default_country eq "Y"}{include file="currency.tpl" value=$tax.tax_cost}</FONT></TD> <TD nowrap align="right">{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$tax.tax_cost}{else}n/a{assign var="not_logged_message" value="1"}</FONT></TD><TD>{/if}</TD> </TR> {/foreach} {/if}
put
Code:
{if $cart.taxes and $config.Taxes.display_taxed_order_totals ne "Y"} {foreach key=tax_name item=tax from=$cart.taxes} <TR> <TD nowrap><FONT class="FormButton">{$tax.tax_display_name}{if $tax.rate_type eq "%"} {$tax.rate_value}%{/if}:</FONT></TD> <TD>[img]{$ImagesDir}/null.gif[/img] </TD> <TD nowrap align="right"><FONT class="ProductPriceSmall">{if $login ne "" or $estimate eq "NO" or $config.General.apply_default_country eq "Y"}{include file="currency.tpl" value=$tax.tax_cost}</FONT></TD> <TD nowrap align="right">{include file="customer/main/alter_currency_value.tpl" alter_currency_value=$tax.tax_cost}{else}n/a{assign var="not_logged_message" value="1"}</FONT></TD><TD>{/if}</TD> </TR> {/foreach} {/if}

That should get the tax to show up instead of n/a.

The only other thing that seems to be needed is as addition of US states for the Sell Online Canada Post Shipping Module to work properly.

Cheers,
Jason
Old 08-04-2005, 10:45 AM

Advanced Member

On this modification, how do we make it so that the default shipping method used is ground?

Also, we get this error on the page before entering a zipcode:

UPS Realtime shipping rate calculation service returned the following error:
The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations. (errorcode: 111210)
Sorry, there are no available shipping methods for your location.:

It sounds like this error is caused because it hasn't yet received the zipcode yet. Is it possible to make it so it doesn't show this error?

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:06 PM

Advanced Member

bump
Old 08-22-2005, 03:04 PM

Advanced Member

How to we prevent this error

Quote:
UPS Realtime shipping rate calculation service returned the following error:
The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations. (errorcode: 111210)
Sorry, there are no available shipping methods for your location.:

from appearing before a zipcode is inputed by the user the first time?
Old 08-23-2005, 04:47 PM

Advanced Member

sbtiti,

Go to your general settings and make sure "When a customer isn't logged in, it is presumed that he is from the default country.:" is unchecked. That should keep you from gettin the error.

T.J.
XAOM
DSEFU Pro
XGift Reg
Firetank Feed Manager
BCSE Shipping Calculator
XcartMod Dynamic Images
Old 08-24-2005, 08:39 AM

Advanced Member

For this module to work properly with other defined shipping methods I had to make one small change. This is the fix to the problem I was having in my May 31, 2005 post where the "Select a Carrier" drop down box was disappearing after I selected "Other Carriers":

Go to skin1/customer/main/cart_totals.tpl

Find:

Code:
{* $Id: cart_totals.tpl,v 1.67.2.10 2005/03/14 13:03:32 mclap Exp $ *} <DIV align="right"> {if $config.Shipping.disable_shipping ne "Y"} {if $login ne "" or $config.General.apply_default_country eq "Y" or $cart.shipping_cost gt 0}

Change To:

Code:
{* $Id: cart_totals.tpl,v 1.67.2.10 2005/03/14 13:03:32 mclap Exp $ *} <DIV align="right"> {if $config.Shipping.disable_shipping ne "Y"} {if $login ne "" or $config.General.apply_default_country eq "Y" or $cart.shipping_cost gt 0 or $estimate eq "NO"}
XAOM
DSEFU Pro
XGift Reg
Firetank Feed Manager
BCSE Shipping Calculator
XcartMod Dynamic Images
Old 08-24-2005, 09:45 AM

Advanced Member

Thank you. That fixed the problems we were having, but I found another problem. In the "Select a carrier" there are only the options for UPS and "Other carriers". But in the adminCP we have fedex options enabled under shipping methods. Why and/or how do I get it so that the FedEx option appears as well?

Is there a field I need to fill in somewhere in the adminCP?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions