Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

HELP! Detailed Images; Custom Buttons; Sidebox Re-Ordering; and MORE...

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-17-2008, 01:16 PM

Advanced Member

Exclamation HELP! Detailed Images; Custom Buttons; Sidebox Re-Ordering; and MORE...

Hi guys!

I just purchased x-cart pro v. 4.1.9. It has a lot of great features and I'm happy with the purchase, overall. I also purchased these two Add-on Modules: x-Fancy Categories and x-Special Offers. I've thouroughly gone through all the manuals and have not been able to find the answers to the questions I list below.

I have modified the look of the site so it matches the rest of my site. (Looks great IMHO). I have VERY BASIC (limited) knowledge of PHP and am getting more familiar with Smarty Templates. I understand HTML completely.

I am set for a grand re-opening of my website on April 1. (No pressure, right?!) My website deals primarily in eGoods - digital scrapbooking stuff, however, I do offer some products on CD/DVD and I offer online classes. Please feel free to look and critique as much as you like. I welcome all critisism. http://www.scrapprofessor.com/store/home.php

I've ran into some major problems. I've spent 3 days trying to find/solve the problems/solutions with no luck. I've nearly pulled out all my hair. I am hoping you intelligent, helpful people will be able to offer a lending hand. Thanks in advance!!

I only have two test products in the store right now. They are both in the 'FREEBIES' category.

Here are the problems I'm having: NOTE: I'VE UPDATED BELOW WHAT I'VE BEEN HELPED WITH AND WHAT I'VE MANAGED TO DO ON MY OWN.

1) DONE! A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to TelaFirma.com for their wonderful program... Dynamic Image Generator! WOW! "Detailed Images" function is not working. I've enabled it in the General Settings/Detailed Product Images Options area. I have my thumbnails set to be 200x200 (on the product listing pages) and would like my images to be 300x300 on the Product Details page with a link available for customers that will make a popup of the actual detailed image that will be 600x600. As I said before, I do have the 'greybox' installed (it's not working either) but even before it was installed my detailed images were NOT working.

2) DONE! Figured this out with Webmaster Mode After All! I modified the customer/main/products.tpl template. If you notice on the Product Listing pages (currently only in the "Freebies" category) the font for my product information is WAY too small. I've checked, rechecked, and triple checked the .css file, but no matter what I can't make that font bigger. I've tried using webmaster mode, but that doesn't help with this.

3) DONE! It's not perfect yet, but it looks better on the site now. How do I go about making custom buttons for the following buttons: Buy Now, Add to Wishlist, Send to Friend. I would like them to match the rest of my site and make them more 'creative' looking.

4) DONE! This was a super easy snap thanks to Yurij! I would like to re-order the sideboxes. On the left hand side I would like the "Best Sellers" stuff to go AFTER the "DESIGNERS" stuff (formerly manufacturers). What do I have to modify to do this?

5) DONE! This was easy thanks to this thread:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=35394&highlight=reset+productid
How can I have my product ID #'s start with 1000 rather than the default 16134?

6) WORKING ON THIS MYSELF. I offer some free products. They are digital eGoods. Often times, registered customers will only add these freebies to their cart. I would like for this type of order to still be assigned an invoice (as it does) but the order shows up as "Queued" rather than "Processed". What do I have to do to make it automatically be "Processed" and have the download link display immediately?

7) DONE! I am now using the "Download Expander" program available at Alteredcart.com ... WORKS WONDERFULLY! How do I create an 'Additional Product Details' include this for each product: "Download Size" where each provider can input the size of the download file (s).

8] DONE! I am now using the "Download Expander" program for this as well, available at Alteredcart.com ... WORKS WONDERFULLY! Alot of the products in the store have multiple download files. How do I assign multiple downloads to one product?

9) DONE! I am now using the "Download Expander" program for this as well, available at Alteredcart.com ... WORKS WONDERFULLY! Currently, each of the Designers (providers in x-cart) upload their product files via FTP to a location I've set for each of them. How do we link these download 'files' (zip files) to the products so that when a customer places an order it will contain the links to each of the files?

10) DONE! Thanks to WhiteDoveGifts!! How do I get rid of the maximum upload size of 2Mb?

11) DONE! Thanks to Yurij! How do I make it so that customers cannot delete their profile in x-cart?

12) DONE! Right or wrong I've purchased these products because I need to be LIVE by April 1, 2008. I'm considering ordering a couple add-ons for x-cart from a few different websites. What can you tell me about these add-ons? Given my questions/problems above, do you have any recommendations? Thoughts? Advice? Any help is appreciated.
a) AlteredCart.com: Download Expander and Product Page Downloads [Side Note: I've purchased both these programs and they are WONDERFUL! Very simple and easy to understand installation instructions. They do everything I hoped they would!!! THANK YOU ALTEREDCART!!!]

b) TelaFirma.com: Dynamic Image Generator 4.1 [Side Note: I've purchased this program as well and it's AMAZING! As with alteredcart.com products, this product was VERY simple and easy to understand with good installation instructions. It also does everything I hoped it would!!! THANK YOU TELAFIRMA!!!]

I think that's all my questions. I know it's quite a list but I'm hopeful that collectively you all will be able to help me be successful.

THANK YOU!!!

X-Cart PRO 4.3.1 | Linux | PHP 5 | MySQL 5

AlteredCart.com - Download Expander; Product Page Downloads
BCSEngineering.com - On Sale Products; Newest Added Products
Old 03-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Banned

X-Adept

Default Re: HELP! Detailed Images; Custom Buttons; Sidebox Re-Ordering; and MORE...

3) See the file (skin1/buttons/button.tpl), and file (skin1/skin1.css) for section "/* Buttons */"
4) Edit file (skin1/customer/home.tpl
find block
PHP Code:
{if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Bestsellers.bestsellers_menu eq "Y"}
{include 
file="modules/Bestsellers/menu_bestsellers.tpl" }
{/if}
{if 
$active_modules.Manufacturers ne "" and $config.Manufacturers.manufacturers_menu eq "Y"}
{include 
file="modules/Manufacturers/menu_manufacturers.tpl" }
{/if} 

and change the conditions in places

11) Remove button - delete the profile.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:33 AM

Advanced Member

Smile Re: HELP! Detailed Images; Custom Buttons; Sidebox Re-Ordering; and MORE...

Thank you! I am off to make those changes now. Hopefully others will chime in for help on the rest of my problems/questions.

For the record, I think this is a fantastic forum with people really helping other people.

THANK YOU!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:13 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: HELP! Detailed Images; Custom Buttons; Sidebox Re-Ordering; and MORE...

Hi Joli,

Welcome to the X-Cart community!

5) This should do the job: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16996&highlight=order+number+incr ease

10) You can change the max. upload size in php.ini

Some advice on SEO: If you want to rank high in the search engines it's way better to move the store to the root instead of www.domain.com/store

A stock X-Cart out of the box is not so SEO friendly. You should at least install the free product meta tags and category meta tag SEO mods from BCS engineering: http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/catalog/FREE_Xcart_Mods__Tips-p-1-c-7.html.

Lots of posts on SEO here in the forum and on the web. Take a look at www.seochat.com
www.seomoz.org
www.searchengineguide.com
www.highrankings.com to start with...

Good Luck!

EWD Hosting | CDSEO Pro | One Page Checkout | Smart Search | Telafirma Dynamic Images | X-AOM | Product Importer Pro and many custom mods and tweaks found here...
Old 03-18-2008, 11:28 AM

Advanced Member

Thumbs up Re: HELP! Detailed Images; Custom Buttons; Sidebox Re-Ordering; and MORE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDoveGifts

Hi there! Thanks for the welcome!!

Unfortunately I don't know how I should run a MySQL query. I know how to go through the cPanel and get to the MySQL databases and tables, and I can get as far as actually inputting a query, but I have NO IDEA what I should be entering exactly. The link you provided helped a little bit, but it's not the invoice # I want to change but rather the Product ID. It starts as 16134 or something like that. I found a spot to change it in the tables, but after I changed it the two test products I have in the store disappeared. I changed the numbers back and poof, there they were again. LOL

If you could help me with the MySQL query (since you seem to know what you're doing with them), I would be very grateful.

Quote:
10) You can change the max. upload size in php.ini

Thanks for telling me about the php.ini file. I found the spot and changed it no problem!

Quote:
Some advice on SEO: If you want to rank high in the search engines it's way better to move the store to the root instead of www.domain.com/store

A stock X-Cart out of the box is not so SEO friendly. You should at least install the free product meta tags and category meta tag SEO mods from BCS engineering: http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/...s-p-1-c-7.html.

Lots of posts on SEO here in the forum and on the web. Take a look at www.seochat.com
www.seomoz.org
www.searchengineguide.com
www.highrankings.com to start with...
And, I really appreciate your advice about the SEO stuff. I will consider that and I'm looking at the website you provided. WAY COOL!! THANK YOU!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:55 AM

Veteran

Hi Joli, I'm afraid we don't allow double/cross posting in this forum, so I have removed your second post about order numbers. In the future, you may want to split up your questions into multiple posts, as big long posts with a lot of questions rarely get addressed completely.

You can run the SQL query mentioned by WhiteDoveGifts in your Patch/Upgrade are of the admin.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:58 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Hi Joli, I'm afraid we don't allow double/cross posting in this forum, so I have removed your second post about order numbers. In the future, you may want to split up your questions into multiple posts, as big long posts with a lot of questions rarely get addressed completely.

You can run the SQL query mentioned by WhiteDoveGifts in your Patch/Upgrade are of the admin.

Thanks!

Ah-ha! Sorry about that. Thank you for letting me know. I actually re-read the post made by WhiteDoveGifts and did exactly what that thread said to in the patch/upgrade. It said it was successful. I then added a new product (there aren't any other products yet) and the product ID# was 16127. (I had deleted my test products yesterday).

Any ideas? THANK YOU!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:02 AM

Veteran

Oh sorry, that thread was about starting ORDER NUMBERS, not product numbers. I guess we both mis-read your question. For Product IDs, try this one:

Old 03-20-2008, 10:39 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Oh sorry, that thread was about starting ORDER NUMBERS, not product numbers. I guess we both mis-read your question. For Product IDs, try this one:

Thanks buddy! Worked PERFECTLY!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design