Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

MP3 Player Addon

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-27-2010, 02:26 AM

X-Adept

Default MP3 Player Addon

I'm looking for a mp3 player add on. Provider can upload an mp3 file which is displayed on the product details page.

I found several solutions like the one by xcart-mods.co.uk

I think I'm going to purchase this one but was curious if anyone has any experience.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Default Re: MP3 Player Addon

Hi sixfigure,

I noticed that you have had no responses yet, and wanted to let you know that I did purchase this mp3 add on from xcartmods.uk. The mod site provides awful customer service, you will have no way of contacting them before or after because they never respond, but I felt I needed the mod anyway and purchased it. I am in the process of making it functional with the help of a programmer friend of mine, and unless you have programming knowledge, it isn't a piece of cake. It has provided me several headaches, and I am still trying to figure out how to link the audio player to certain audio products, and hope to be able to figure that out by the end of the week. Let me know if you purchased it and if it is working well for you, or if you would like me to update you when I have it working on my site.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:27 PM

X-Guru

I produce the audio player module, sixfigure if you have any questions feel free to ask.

mimieberry, please get in touch if you still need help. I will check to see if I can find a ticket from you. Incidentally, the player only supports MP3 audio files, not ogg, wma etc.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 PM

Thank you for offering to help, I have been really frustrated with this and I feel some hope now . So I actually emailed you after purchasing the mod, but cannot recall what my request was. Since I hadn't received a response to my initial ticket, and then the email, I figured contacting for help was a lost cause and hired a programmer/friend to help out. Anyway, the mod is installed, and I see that I can enable it in the modules under admin, but the problem I am having is having it show up when providers add audio samples within their created files (per the install instructions). They can add the file folders and upload the audio samples via Xcart, but when I (thru admin), or they go back in to modify the product that the audio is linked to, there is no option to have it link to the uploaded audio samples. What am I doing wrong? How can this be fixed? You can visit my site www.inspiredheartsandhands.com, I am trying to make it work for Sample Music 2. The only products are samples as I am attempting to make sure things are up and running before inviting providers to post their items. Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:45 AM

X-Adept

Yes, I agree. I purchased the same player and it didn't work properly yet.
I also purchased another addon but had to many problems and questions with it that I had to return it.
To be fair: They gave me a refund for the one addon which I didn't use.

But I can't find any other MP3 Player addon...

About your problem: I really don't know as I'm not really into programming. I can't get the player to work too although there are only some easy installation steps. I also checked everything twice.

Another question: How did you get the Facebook 'like plugin' to show up under each product? Is it an extra installed addon?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:26 AM

X-Guru

Mimie, easiest thing would be for you to send me FTP and provider access. Please submit a new ticket.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 AM

Sixfigure, first off, the FB Like button was pretty easy to install. In Xcart uesr manuals it tells you how to do it along with FB and the coding FB provides. You can see the topic here http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Adding_Facebook_Like_button_to_your_X-Cart_store . Make sure you use the link that XCart links you to for FB, and then generate the code. I generated the code from FB first, and then followed the Xcart steps and it didn't work properly.

Phil I appreciate your willingness to help and will supply you with a ticket with the access you need within 10 minutes. I hope you will be able to determine the problem. Thank you.

And Sixfigure, I will let you know when it gets to working so I can hopefully direct you somewhat so you can make it work without paying a programmer like I did. Hopefully via our two experience, and with the help of Phil, which will be the most valuable, we can make this work on our sites!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Sixfigure, I had to post a more recent comment re: the player...it works! Phil Jones was seriously such a help in making it work on my site, and if I am not mistaken, he installed a more newer mp3 player than the one I originally purchased. I currently have two products that have the sound samples working on them (and will be removing them soon since they were just for configuring the mod and testing it), so if you want to check them out go ahead. They look amazing and work really well. I am not exactly sure what was wrong in my installation, but Phil went into my admin and FTP to figure things out, and then tested it out as if he was a provider. Once he did so, I tried to do it on my own, and with the file permissions being other than 777, they would say "file not found". However, once I changed them everything worked perfectly. I hope yours is working now too, but if not feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them. And for anyone that is looking for a great way to provide sound samples to your clients, take a look at xcartmods.uk because even though they might be tricky at first, they really do work well, and look nice. Plus I can't even tell you how happy I am with how much help I ended up receiving from Phil to make it work, talk about a blessing. I will definitely be purchasing more mods from them in the future.

The following user thanks mimieberry for this useful post:
rofea (10-02-2013)
Old 02-03-2011, 12:31 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimieberry
Sixfigure, I had to post a more recent comment re: the player...it works! Phil Jones was seriously such a help in making it work on my site, and if I am not mistaken, he installed a more newer mp3 player than the one I originally purchased. I currently have two products that have the sound samples working on them (and will be removing them soon since they were just for configuring the mod and testing it), so if you want to check them out go ahead. They look amazing and work really well. I am not exactly sure what was wrong in my installation, but Phil went into my admin and FTP to figure things out, and then tested it out as if he was a provider. Once he did so, I tried to do it on my own, and with the file permissions being other than 777, they would say "file not found". However, once I changed them everything worked perfectly. I hope yours is working now too, but if not feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them. And for anyone that is looking for a great way to provide sound samples to your clients, take a look at xcartmods.uk because even though they might be tricky at first, they really do work well, and look nice. Plus I can't even tell you how happy I am with how much help I ended up receiving from Phil to make it work, talk about a blessing. I will definitely be purchasing more mods from them in the future.

Thanks very much for your answer!

We will go with a custom made player which can play audio and video. The player switches automatically whatever you attach.

I was wondering if the mp3 player plugin can be replaced in Phils Mod?
Because with his mod, the upload fields etc. would already be set.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:52 PM

Advanced Member

i just found this thread after posting my own a few weeks ago where someone suggested the xcartmod. And I too bought and had difficulty. The owner, Phil emailed me and asked me to send ftp info - now its been 6 days and 3 attempts to contact him and no replies.

If anyone has found another mod for audio, and also video - please share...

Thanks
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4