Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Payments Issues

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 05-30-2017, 04:52 AM

eXpert

Default X-Payments Issues

I am having 2 issues with X-Payments v3.0.2. The first issue I have posted a bug request (bt #0048001) but haven't received a response, so I am hoping that posting here will big some attention to it. The second is a randomly occurring issue that my customers have reported, but I can't quite nail it down.

Issue 1:
Customer places order on our site. Customer calls us after order is placed to add another product to the order resulting in an order total that is greater than the original authorized amount. So, we log into X-Payments to capture the original authorized amount. Then, we re-authorize the original card for the additional amount and capture it. This is where the issue lies: Upon returning to the X-Cart Admin section, there will be a "new order" in our orders list for the amount of money we just additionally captured. But that order has no products on it. This "new order" should have never been created, and never used to be created prior to v3.0.2.

Issue 2:
This issue is intermittent which is why it is so hard to nail down. We have our X-Payments set up to use Iframe at checkout. Occasionally, a customer will go to checkout, select credit card, the Iframe pops up, they enter their information, accept the terms and submit the order, but then are redirected to another X-Payments page to enter their credit card information. So, this obviously doesn't look right to the customer because they already previously entered credit card information in the Iframe on the previous page.

Has anyone here seen or heard of the above two issues? Any information would be greatly appreciated. See y'all in Tampa!

Development
X-Cart Gold Plus v4.7.12
- php 7.3
- reBOOT reDUX
- other goodies

X-Cart Gold v4.7.7
- reBOOT Template
- XPayments 3.0.2
- Abandoned Cart Reminder
- BCSE Reward Points
- BCSE Stock Notify
- XPDF Invoices
Old 05-30-2017, 10:27 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: X-Payments Issues

I was planning to upgrade to X-Payments 3.0 but I think I'll wait for a bit...
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 05-31-2017, 01:32 AM

X-Cart team

Moved this thread to X-Payments part of X-Cart forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcompany
I am having 2 issues with X-Payments v3.0.2. The first issue I have posted a bug request (bt #0048001) but haven't received a response, so I am hoping that posting here will big some attention to it. The second is a randomly occurring issue that my customers have reported, but I can't quite nail it down.

Somehow I missed that BT ticket. I commented there, too (https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=48001#203477).

Now let me comment here. Neither of below are issues or bugs in X-Payments or X-Payments connector module for X-Cart 4.

Quote:
Issue 1:
Customer places order on our site. Customer calls us after order is placed to add another product to the order resulting in an order total that is greater than the original authorized amount. So, we log into X-Payments to capture the original authorized amount. Then, we re-authorize the original card for the additional amount and capture it. This is where the issue lies: Upon returning to the X-Cart Admin section, there will be a "new order" in our orders list for the amount of money we just additionally captured. But that order has no products on it. This "new order" should have never been created, and never used to be created prior to v3.0.2.

This is actually how X-Payments connected with X-Cart 4 is supposed to work, i.e. when you make a new payment in X-Payments back-end there is no connection with an existing order at X-Cart 4 side so X-Cart 4 creates an empty order that an admin user is supposed to edit using AOM after that. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfNm3Jb2QKg&index=22&list=PLp_POFxCr_oExG4 hgQ9_PBE44wLJDZnbr

What X-Cart 4.x does lack is the ability to charge the difference after an existing order placed via X-Payments is edited using AOM. You can create a whole new order and charge a saved card using X-Payments (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XwMdcQQSVk&list=PLp_POFxCr_oExG4hgQ9_PBE4 4wLJDZnbr&index=23) but it does not work in case of a positive difference.

This is something we should add in future updates of X-Cart 4 later this year.

What I recommend to do is to create a new order and charge via X-Payments saved card instead of editing an existing order.

Quote:
Issue 2:
This issue is intermittent which is why it is so hard to nail down. We have our X-Payments set up to use Iframe at checkout. Occasionally, a customer will go to checkout, select credit card, the Iframe pops up, they enter their information, accept the terms and submit the order, but then are redirected to another X-Payments page to enter their credit card information. So, this obviously doesn't look right to the customer because they already previously entered credit card information in the Iframe on the previous page.

This seems to be customers having 3D Secure protection enabled on their cards who do not know about that and do not know how to use it. When 3D Secure protection is enabled X-Payments redirects a shopper to an extra step with a form loaded from customers' bank over X-Payments separate page where the shopper is supposed to enter their 3D Secure password or code sent to them via SMS. That's why your customers report it occasionally. Many credit card users still do not have 3D Secure protection enabled on their cards and many of those who have it enabled do not know about it.

Quote:
Has anyone here seen or heard of the above two issues? Any information would be greatly appreciated. See y'all in Tampa!

Great that you are going to attend our Tampa meet-up tomorrow!
X-Payments product manager
Old 05-31-2017, 04:48 AM

eXpert

Quote:
This is actually how X-Payments connected with X-Cart 4 is supposed to work, i.e. when you make a new payment in X-Payments back-end there is no connection with an existing order at X-Cart 4 side so X-Cart 4 creates an empty order that an admin user is supposed to edit using AOM after that. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfNm..._PBE44wLJDZnbr

This is strange because we have been using X-Payments with X-Cart 4 since X-Payments v1 and this behavior has never been the case. We have always edited the order in AOM, then captured the original and additional amounts in X-Payments without a new order being created in X-Cart. So, a quick question regarding this, does that newly created empty order trigger a customer order notification email? If so, that seems confusing and silly on the customer's end to receive an order notification email that is empty.

Quote:
This seems to be customers having 3D Secure protection enabled on their cards who do not know about that and do not know how to use it. When 3D Secure protection is enabled X-Payments redirects a shopper to an extra step with a form loaded from customers' bank over X-Payments separate page where the shopper is supposed to enter their 3D Secure password or code sent to them via SMS. That's why your customers report it occasionally. Many credit card users still do not have 3D Secure protection enabled on their cards and many of those who have it enabled do not know about it.

We do not have 3D secure protection enable in X-Payments. I have personally seen the screen it takes our customers to after hitting submit. It is literally the X-Payments template setup as if we chose not to use IFrame.

Development
X-Cart Gold Plus v4.7.12
- php 7.3
- reBOOT reDUX
- other goodies

X-Cart Gold v4.7.7
- reBOOT Template
- XPayments 3.0.2
- BCSE Reward Points
- BCSE Stock Notify
- XPDF Invoices
Old 05-31-2017, 04:53 AM

X-Cart team

> This is strange because we have been using X-Payments with X-Cart 4 since X-Payments v1 and this
> behavior has never been the case.

X-Payments v1 does not support PCI compliant credit card saving via tokenization. You couldn't charge saved cards with X-Payments v1.x
Old 05-31-2017, 04:56 AM

X-Cart team

> We do not have 3D secure protection enable in X-Payments. I have personally seen the screen it
> takes our customers to after hitting submit.

I need a screen cast of what you see. For security reasons it is better to be sent via a HelpDesk ticket in your HelpDesk account. Just mention "Attn for Alex Mulin" in ticket subject.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:57 AM

eXpert

Valid point there Alex, wasn't thinking that we couldn't do that back in v1. But for the 2 or 3 years we used v2, I can promise X-Payments and X-Cart never exhibited this behavior. Adding to customer orders is something we do on a daily basis, so it was probably done over 1000 times prior to upgrading to v3 where a new order was not created. Having the option to change this in the future though would be great!

Development
X-Cart Gold Plus v4.7.12
- php 7.3
- reBOOT reDUX
- other goodies

X-Cart Gold v4.7.7
- reBOOT Template
- XPayments 3.0.2
- BCSE Reward Points
- BCSE Stock Notify
- XPDF Invoices
Old 05-31-2017, 05:14 AM

X-Cart team

We coded XP and XC4 connectors to act like that since the very beginning. As you can see in the videos I sent you.

One more thing we probably missed is triggering a mail notification upon creation of an empty order when a charge is done in XP back-end. I'll submit into our backlog to have it fixed in one of future XC4 releases (sorry, cannot promise any ETA about that now).
Old 05-31-2017, 08:08 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
One more thing we probably missed is triggering a mail notification upon creation of an empty order when a charge is done in XP back-end. I'll submit into our backlog to have it fixed in one of future XC4 releases (sorry, cannot promise any ETA about that now).

UPDATE: order notification is not triggered in such cases in latest X-Cart 4.x version so nothing to change from our side.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:11 AM

eXpert

Alex,

Thanks for the update. That's great news that it does not trigger an order notification!

Development
X-Cart Gold Plus v4.7.12
- php 7.3
- reBOOT reDUX
- other goodies

X-Cart Gold v4.7.7
- reBOOT Template
- XPayments 3.0.2
- BCSE Reward Points
- BCSE Stock Notify
- XPDF Invoices