Old 02-28-2006, 03:11 PM

X-Adept

works great, thanks!
x-cart v3.5.13 [retired]
x-cart v3.4.14 [retired]
Old 01-25-2007, 11:10 AM

X-Man

Default Re: Special Offers Module

Wow, this is an old thread! Anyway, is there any way to display all the discounted items from all categoies on one page or pages? I'm thinking something like the newest products mod but having all the sale items listed instead. Currently, we have a category called "Specials and Closeouts" but have to manually select the items and choose this category as a secondary category in admin. By just having a link to a "specials.php" page that would list everything that has a selling price less than the retail price would be great. Being able to sort by price would be fantastic. Any idea if this mod would work for that?
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 01-25-2007, 12:31 PM

eXpert

i THINK so but it might not be better than the way you're doing it now...it sorta would require manually doing it anyway but there might be a better work around. from what i can tell, i THINK it would only work with %s not specific prices. so if you're marking down by % cool, if you're setting a specific price, i dont think so...but what do i know?

this is how i'd do it with special offers -

create a category i.e. "10% off Category"

in special offers you'd set it to mark down specific product/products within a specified category and sub categories based on a % (in this case "10% Off Category" and discount at 10%).

you'd then have to go to each product that you want to mark 10% off and include it in the new category you created, "10% Off Category," without changing the price.

so in effect, instead of changing the price and adding the product to the category like you've been doing...

you're creating a static special offer, creating a category and then adding/removing products from the category as needed.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:19 PM

X-Man

Using the "10% Off Category" idea doesn't seem like it would work. Sure it would apply a discount to items in the "10% Off Category" but would not apply the discount to the same item in the "Main Category". This could get real confusing at checkout. In addition, it would require remembering (or noticing) that the item was in the "10% Off Category" and the prices in the "Product Management" section were not valid.

Currently, we are manually "adding" products with a "Price" that is less than "List Price" to an "Additional Category" (as referenced in the "Product Management" section) named "Specials - Closeouts", but we also leave the product in the "Main Category" so customers can still find it when looking in the obvious category. X-Cart will automatically figure any "discount" between the "Price" and "List Price" and display the "Save _ %" icon on the product details page, as well as displaying both prices on category pages and featured item pages.

In the "Product Management" section, every item has a "Price" and a "List Price". What I would like to accomplish is to display all items that have a "Price" that is less than "List Price" in one area (page). To be able to list items that have a "Price" that is less than "List Price" over a defined amount (either in dollars or percent) would be ideal.

This same logic could be used to display the "discounted" items first in every category page, although that is not exactly what I am after. What I am looking for is the code to find the items and display them.

Also, this is using X-Cart 4.0.19, not the newer unstable versions.
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 01-26-2007, 09:16 PM

eXpert

well you could apply the special offer to the product, not just the category. but then you're stuck with adding/removing products from the special offer you've defined. on one hand, adding/removing all products within the list will be done in one specific location which would be easier but i do understand that's not the level of simplicity you're trying achieve.

and i'm assuming x-special offers is available for most all versions (stable or not). but overall, i dont think x-special would give you what you're looking for in this case...but i could be wrong *shrug*
Old 06-05-2013, 11:08 PM

X-Adept

I am using xcart4.5.4 ,I have a special offer for 8% off everything in a particular Band...

How can I have the discounted price show in the special offers tab ?plz help me.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 AM

X-Adept

Not sure if this is related.... (since I do not know what you mean by Special Offers Tab)

QT just fixed a bug for me that I identified related to the Special Offers.

I had a special offer for spend >$X and get a specific product free (I don't think the bug was dependant on the offer definition)

Issue: link on cart page "Check for Special Offers" (offers.php?mode=unused)returned a blank Special Offers page but link for "Special Offers" (offers.php) returned the Special Offers page showing the details text of my special offer.

They modified a couple of files to fix this, so I suggest you contact them for the fix if it seems appropriate for your situation.
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions