Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

IE style not rendering on Home/catalog pages

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 12-07-2014, 06:40 PM

Default IE style not rendering on Home/catalog pages

Hi There,

I'm having an issue with IE styles not rendering on certain pages. e.g. the homepage, category and product pages (note: it works/looks fine on the static/contact pages).

Error is:

HTML1115: X-UA-Compatible META tag ('IE=Edge') ignored because document mode is already finalized.
filename.html

I'm guessing may be due to it loading too slowly so tried moving the weight of header/parts/meta_comat_ie.tpl to 1 but that did not fix it unfortunately, nor did adding it into the body.tpl... any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:47 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: IE style not rendering on Home/catalog pages

Can you provide a link to the page?
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:58 PM

Thanks for your message. I can't unfortunately. What further information would you like to assist troubleshooting?
Old 12-09-2014, 05:09 AM

X-Cart team

Just googled an error and here is what might help:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10932881/html1115-x-ua-compatible-meta-tag-ie-9-ie-8-chrome-1-ignored-because-docu

So, the question is are you sure that there is no elements before x-ua-compatible tag?
Old 12-09-2014, 03:01 PM

Hi Tony,

I've tried to solve this by editing custom_skin/default/en/header/body.tpl

Code:
<head{foreach:getHeadAttributes(),k,v} {k}="{v}"{end:}> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" /> <list name="head" /> </head>

All it did was produce duplicate instances of the same error.... is there another template I should be editing?

I'm a bit baffled why it's only occurring on some pages though.... I will pm you the URL also. I wonder if it possible that it is the something to do with the product data import again...?

Thanks
Shaz
Old 12-10-2014, 04:22 AM

X-Cart team

Hi Shaz!

I checked the page's code and there is nothing special I can think of. I would suggest the following way of debugging:
- save the problem page as .html page and upload it to your server, so that your .js files would be included correctly
- remove some chunks of HTML code before this problem is gone, this way you will find an exact HTML code that causes the problem

Please, let me know if it makes sense to you.

Tony.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:11 PM

Thanks Tony. Yes, I get you.

I created the test.htm file and have narrowed it down to a few lines of code... yet I'm having trouble pin pointing the exact <link href"..." /> in the header it appears that it could be more than 1?!

BUT... WHEN I REPLACE

HTML Code:
<link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/modules/QSL/Banner/banner-system.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/ProductComparison/sidebar/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/items_list/items_list.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/pager/pager.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/common/grid-list.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/items_list/product/products_list.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/ProductComparison/compare/products/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/items_list/product/quick_look.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/labels/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/CDev/ProductAdvisor/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/CDev/Sale/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/product/details/parts/gallery.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/product/quantity_box/quantity_box.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/product/details/parts/attributes_modify/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/FreeShipping/label/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/Reviews/average_rating/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/Reviews/vote_bar/vote_bar.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/Reviews/form_field/input/rating/rating.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/powered_by.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/common.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/layout.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/css/theme.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/css/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/ajax.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/print.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/CDev/SimpleCMS/page/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/QSL/HorizontalCategoriesMenu/flyout-menu.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

------------------
WITH (from a page that is working in IE)
------------------

HTML Code:
<link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/location/location.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/ProductComparison/sidebar/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/CDev/ContactUs/contact_us/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/powered_by.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/common.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/layout.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/css/theme.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/css/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/ajax.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/print.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/CDev/SimpleCMS/page/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/QSL/HorizontalCategoriesMenu/flyout-menu.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/location/location.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/ProductComparison/sidebar/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/CDev/ContactUs/contact_us/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/powered_by.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/common.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/layout.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/css/theme.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/css/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/ajax.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/css/print.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/CDev/SimpleCMS/page/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/QSL/HorizontalCategoriesMenu/flyout-menu.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

the css starts resolving and the menu looks normal etc... maybe an issue in the /var/ folder?? I hope I'm not looking at a clean install :/
Old 12-11-2014, 02:49 AM

X-Cart team

I just made a diff of which files are included and it looks like these css files might be a culprit:

Code:
<link href="skins/custom_skin/default/en/modules/QSL/Banner/banner-system.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/items_list/items_list.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/pager/pager.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/common/grid-list.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/items_list/product/products_list.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/ProductComparison/compare/products/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/items_list/product/quick_look.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/labels/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/CDev/ProductAdvisor/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/CDev/Sale/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/product/details/parts/gallery.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/product/quantity_box/quantity_box.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/product/details/parts/attributes_modify/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/FreeShipping/label/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/Reviews/average_rating/style.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/Reviews/vote_bar/vote_bar.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" /> <link href="skins/default/en/modules/XC/Reviews/form_field/input/rating/rating.css?1418089607" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

Now you can try to remove all of them from your test.html and check whether it fixes the problem. Then, you should start adding them one by one and once the problem happens again, you will find an exact CSS file that causes the problem.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:15 PM

Thanks Tony but this method of troubleshooting is just taking too long for a site which is live I've emailed support@x-cart a few days ago and they haven't responded either...

What will happen next once I do pin point the .cc file? The css file itself couldn't cause that error so I will still have to wait for further advise.

I'll just go and do a clean install like I probably should have done when I first noticed it.

Thanks again for your help anyways... sorry to waste your time too...
Old 12-15-2014, 12:30 PM

X-Cart team

Well, I thought that problem might be with certain CSS file and if you exclude it, then the problem will be solved.

As for support request, as I see our guys replied to you on 13th of December and this was the end of conversation. Please report this problem under proper account and we will be happy to look into it.

If I can help you anyhow else, please just let me know.

Tony.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)