Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

[MODULE] XC SEO v1.4.0 Released for X-Cart 4.0 and 4.1

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 09-27-2008, 04:57 AM

X-Man

Default Re: [MODULE] XC SEO v1.4.0 Released for X-Cart 4.0 and 4.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertchui
jon never replied you, even i filed the dispute from paypal, i paid $120 for xcseo pro, not the free mod, never try his pro version, it does not work.

You may or may not have noticed, but this thread is about the FREE version. You might get a better response to your rant if you posted in the right thread, http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=39752&highlight=xcseo+pro
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 AM

Advanced Member

Can someone tell me how this differs from simply using the X-cart built in 'Convert to HTML'? I have been doing a lot of SEO optimization, but everytime I change the title on a product, it obviously renames the page name. Does this product auto-insert a 301 redirect page so Google doesn't punish my constantly changing page titles?

thanks in advance for helping clarify the benefits of this...
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688
marc@naturalbathandbodyshop.com
www.naturalbathandbodyshop.com

Mod Newbie
X-cart 4.4.5 - Now Live !!! Hurray!
X-cart 4.2.1 - Delicae Gourmet
Old 09-27-2008, 09:20 AM

you are really a good guy, do you know how much he can earn for this bugged mod, everybody pay him $120, just imagine, do you know how many xcart users in this forum, why i spent time to post this negative experience is to warn others, this is not a few bucks.

he is not in accident, i filed the dispute, he responded one time then disappear again, after i escalated the case, he submitted the screenshot to paypal, honestly no matter he know paypal just don't care whether the mod is working or not.

what i said is to let you guys know, he has nothing wrong, no accident, just the mod still has bug and can't solve it, otherwise why he did not respond me and others, why not explain, why not refund, just hide in his office, but why he can respond to paypal when i ask my money back. if he is working on the mod, why not respond.

To respond you asked which mod is the best, i tell you what, i have spent almost one thousand dollars in BCS engineer, all mods are working good and perfect, and i spent $5000 to install the custom frame it page, it had bug, but the programmer will fix the bug for you until it's working, pls visit my web site:

www.fineartonsale.com

i strongly recommend those guys are using it's free mod should upgrade and pay him $120, then come back to tell me it's nothing for few dollars and you don't care even the mod is not working.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:03 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Washburn
Can someone tell me how this differs from simply using the X-cart built in 'Convert to HTML'? I have been doing a lot of SEO optimization, but everytime I change the title on a product, it obviously renames the page name. Does this product auto-insert a 301 redirect page so Google doesn't punish my constantly changing page titles?

thanks in advance for helping clarify the benefits of this...

I don't understand what you mean by 'Convert to HTML', do you mean the html catalog?

What this module does is change your url from something like http://www.yourdomain.com/product.ph...=18606&cat=254 to something like http://www.yourdomain.com/What-Ever-Your Product-Title-Is-pr-18606.html, making it more search engine friendly. It does the same for category pages, and static pages as well.

This module (the free one, not the "Pro" version the other guy is ranting about) doesn't auto-insert a 301 redirect page (at least as far as I know).

Just out of curiosity, why do you keep changing the page title?

Mods - XCSEO free
Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 AM

Advanced Member

Good Question,

I have had to change the product names and decriptions a few times in order to make adjustments for SEO. I also made a bad assumption early on and created a robots.txt excluding all .php pages so it would force Google to scan the Catalog folder and the html files instead.

Now I realize that this was a bad idea since:

1. I now realize that Google can readily scan and index php pages (albeit at a bit slower pace).

2. Several of the mods I am trying to use are not compatible with the HTML catalog pages such as the Ultimate Minicart and the AJAX Rating System mod.

So now I have ended up with a complete SEO mess. I have a whole bunch of catalog pages that are ranked a PR1,2 and 3 and I have had to break links and force users to the PHP pages so the Minicart mod I have installed will work.

To put it bluntly, I really screwed up trying to ad mods to my X-cart.

"Snippet removed"

At this point and with a few exceptions I am really disappointing in the commercial third party mod-community.

I REALLY wished there was a thread here with a table outlining all of the available mods and with a ratings chart that shows:

1. how complex each mod is to install
2. how difficulty it is to customize and integrate each mod
3. if there are any incompatibilities between mods (such as the Ultimate Minicart and the Varient chart mod as I have discovered)
4. and most importantly, how good the support is from the vendor that sells the mod.

this has been a huge exercise in frustration with a significant amount of lost sales.
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688

Mod Newbie
Old 10-01-2008, 08:50 AM

X-Guru

Marc, the mods appear to be working fine here, but if you send FTP details over and I'll ensure everything runs smooth.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:00 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
Marc, the mods appear to be working fine here, but if you send FTP details over and I'll ensure everything runs smooth.
Thanks go to PhilJ and www.xcartmods.co.uk for fixing my problem with the copy protection.
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688

Mod Newbie
Old 10-09-2008, 07:11 AM

X-Man

Another thing you can look at if you haven't already is a sitemap. There have been several rumors about a x-cart specific one but in the meantime I have tried the one at http://www.auditmypc.com/free-sitemap-generator.asp

It took a little time but I got a sitemap.xml file that Google (and any other search engines) could read.

Mods - XCSEO free
Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWait
The files you requested should be attached. One thing I noticed is you asked for "get_languages.php" when it should be "language" (no "s") maybe this could be your problem if it is mis-named somewhere.

Well, hey again JWait!

Any chance you can help me get this going on 4.1.11? I made all the patches manually and in the case of the files you posted in this thread, I made the exact same decisions you did.

I ran the installer script without a hitch. Now, when I try to access a category or product, etc., I still get the 404 Not Found error. The URL is being rewritten and appears as expected, but page not found.

I've gone back through all my patches, and even tried using the htaccess example from seo_rules_htaccess.txt just to make sure I didn't have any errors in my .htaccess file.

Did you run into this problem when you installed it?

Thanks!

Copper Cup Images Print, Web & Multimedia Design
www.coppercupimages.com
Old 10-21-2008, 04:00 PM

X-Man

Well, its been awhile since I installed it. If I remember correctly I already had some of the things in my .htaccess so manually added the rewrite rules for this module, and I usually apply patches manually via phpMyadmin instead of x-cart.

One thing not covered in the docs is that you need to "enable" and configure the module. In admin, click on modules and you should see "XC SEO" in the list. Make sure it is activated (checked) and then click "update" (I think that is what its called). Then to the right of where the module is located there should be a link marked "configure" where you can set your preferences.

"I made all the patches manually and in the case of the files you posted in this thread, I made the exact same decisions you did."
Those files were a request for something else, and are simply default php files. They have nothing to do with this module. They should not "hurt" anything, but may not work with any other mods you may have made.

Mods - XCSEO free
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions