Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Newest Products

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 09-24-2005, 08:11 PM

eXpert

thanks Fuzzy works great
Old 10-20-2005, 02:55 PM

I'm on v.4.0.15. It works GREAT!

Just wondering, I see alot of people got it to work on the side menu like category, bestseller, and manufacturer.

Is that a separate .tpl page I have to create?

Or I just missed something here?
Old 11-05-2005, 08:46 PM

not quite sure why but my entire page is actually coming up but nothing within the page itself.

Page not found!
The requested page does not exist or you are not allowed to access it!

http://scrapbookbytes.com/store/newproducts.php

Other:
XAOM
XOffers
XGift Reg

Other Mods:
Customers Who Also Bought, Download Link Regenerate, Easy Checkout, Newest Products, SEO/CDSEO, Marketing Manager Pro, View Wishlist for Providers (custom by xcart), Email New Releases (a fav!), Telefirma's Dynamic Image Generator, Download Links on Invoice
Old 11-06-2005, 04:35 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
not quite sure why but my entire page is actually coming up but nothing within the page itself.

Page not found!

Just a guess, but is "newproducts.tpl" in the correct spot? ie:
/skin1/customer/main/newproducts.tpl
Also check the spelling of the {else} in /skin1/customer/home_main.tpl

If either isn't the prob, I'll need more coffee, and a donut or two.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:21 AM

very strange... all is in place and in place. I even replaced the include file on the home page... the minute I do the entire page goes blank.

Other:
XAOM
XOffers
XGift Reg

Other Mods:
Customers Who Also Bought, Download Link Regenerate, Easy Checkout, Newest Products, SEO/CDSEO, Marketing Manager Pro, View Wishlist for Providers (custom by xcart), Email New Releases (a fav!), Telefirma's Dynamic Image Generator, Download Links on Invoice
Old 11-06-2005, 08:32 AM

also when removing all the content from the "newproduct.php" file and just putting in a "test" text into it - that does come up.

Other:
XAOM
XOffers
XGift Reg

Other Mods:
Old 11-06-2005, 09:41 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy

Page not found!

The "Page not found!" comes normally comes from the home_main.tpl file not having the following:

Code:
{elseif $main eq "newproducts"} {include file="customer/main/newproducts.tpl"}

This has to be before the end of the file that says
Code:
{else} {include file="common_templates.tpl"} {/if}

The $main variable to set to "newproducts" in the newproducts.php file. If The {elseif} code shown above is not in home_main.tpl or you change the word "newproducts" to something else and didn't do the same in the .php file, you will get the page not found error because the code will fall through to the last statement that basically has it display the page not found page (in this case). Here is the bottom section of my <xcart_dir>/skin1/customer/home_main.tpl

Quote:

{elseif $main eq "newproducts"}
{include file="customer/main/newproducts.tpl"}

{else}
{include file="common_templates.tpl"}
{/if}

If you can't get it to work. Post your skin1/customer/home_main.tpl file. That is the best place to start looking. Because I can reproduce the error by taking out the {elseif} addition or changing the word (example. newproducts to newadditions)

James
CDSEO Pro 1.8.7
WebsiteCM Product Map 2.0.1
WebsiteCM Next-Prev 1.3 disabled because of SQL errors and bugs.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:06 AM

thanks! Will give it a try in just a bit - I appreciate your help - it's a mod that my store visitors are begging for!

Other:
XAOM
XOffers
XGift Reg

Other Mods:
Old 11-06-2005, 11:37 AM

here is the main_home.tpl file.

when inserting that last line of code it creates a blank page to be created.

Code:
{if $smarty.get.mode eq "subscribed"} {include file="main/subscribe_confirmation.tpl"} {elseif $smarty.get.mode eq "unsubscribed"} {include file="main/unsubscribe_confirmation.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "returns"} {include file="modules/RMA/returns.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "register"} {include file="customer/main/register.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "download"} {include file="modules/Egoods/main.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "send_to_friend"} {include file="customer/main/send_to_friend.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "pages"} {include file="customer/main/pages.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "manufacturers_list"} {include file="modules/Manufacturers/customer_manufacturers_list.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "manufacturer_products"} {include file="modules/Manufacturers/customer_manufacturer_products.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "search"} {include file="customer/main/search_result.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "advanced_search"} {include file="customer/main/search_result.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "cart"} {include file="customer/main/cart.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "comparison" && $active_modules.Feature_Comparison ne ''} {include file="modules/Feature_Comparison/comparison.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "choosing" && $active_modules.Feature_Comparison ne ''} {include file="modules/Feature_Comparison/choosing.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "wishlist"} {if $active_modules.Wishlist ne ""} {include file="modules/Wishlist/wishlist.tpl"} {/if} {elseif $main eq "anonymous_checkout"} {include file="customer/main/anonymous_checkout.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "order_message"} {include file="customer/main/order_message.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "checkout"} {include file="customer/main/checkout.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "product"} {include file="customer/main/product.tpl" product=$product} {elseif $main eq "giftcert"} {include file="modules/Gift_Certificates/giftcert.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "subscriptions"} {include file="modules/Subscriptions/subscriptions.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "catalog" and $current_category.category eq ""} {include file="customer/main/welcome.tpl" f_products=$f_products} {elseif $main eq "catalog"} {include file="customer/main/subcategories.tpl" cat=$cat} {elseif $active_modules.Gift_Registry ne "" and $main eq "giftreg"} {include file="modules/Gift_Registry/giftreg_common.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "product_configurator"} {include file="modules/Product_Configurator/pconf_common.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "secure_login_form"} {include file="customer/main/secure_login_form.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "news_archive"} {include file="modules/News_Management/news_archive.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "change_password"} {include file="customer/main/change_password.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "customer_offers"} {include file="modules/Special_Offers/customer/offers.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "customer_bonuses"} {include file="modules/Special_Offers/customer/bonuses.tpl"} {elseif $main eq "newproducts"} {include file="customer/main/newproducts.tpl"} {else} {include file="common_templates.tpl"} {/if}

Other:
XAOM
XOffers
XGift Reg

Other Mods:
Old 11-06-2005, 11:53 AM

Advanced Member

Are you using Word or Word Pad to edit the file?
If so, use Notepad instead.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions