Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-20-2011, 02:33 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Authorize.net DPM (PA/DSS Compliant)

Our Holiday present to you $20 off of our Authorize.net DPM module!!

Utilize our Authorize.net DPM module with your AIM account to support you to be PCI Compliant including the new PA/DSS standard! Our Holiday present to you $20 off of our Authorize.net DPM module!! Hurry! Sale ends January 2nd!

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:20 AM

So I just got x-carts newest newsletter and they reference two sites using x-cart:

Unemployed Philosophers Guild and Easy Decals Inc.

When you go through the checkout process on both of these it gets to the credit card page and it is just the regular x-cart checkout without using x-payments?

So does that mean they are not PCI compliant? Or are they using something that we don't know about?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:21 PM

Veteran

X-Payments shows after you click on 'place order" on the checkout page so unless you tried to place orders on these sites you will not see X-Payments
Old 12-22-2011, 03:58 PM

X-Wizard

The merchant's bank is responsible for verification of compliance. I would advise not worrying about what other merchants or banks are doing, but to verify with the compliance officer of the bank that holds your merchant account that you are in compliance. You can send them information about the software you want to use to get their blessing (x-payments, authorize.net DPM, Barintree, etc.) They may have warned you about compliance, then asked you to self access by filling out a questionnaire. It could even be in the small print of something that you signed. They are likely going to do everything to reduce their risk, and not worry about expending extra effort to make sure you comply.

This gives you information about remaining in a state of non-compliance that could put you at risk: http://www.braintreepayments.com/blog/pci-compliance-basics-for-credit-card-secuirty

When you look at someone else's site, you might not have the full picture of any discussions/agreements they have with their merchant account provider. Your best information probably comes from working with your own provider.

---
Old 02-12-2013, 07:26 PM

Carrie

I'm a new web store looking to incorporate a payment gateway using Authorize.Net. I currently have authorize.net aim account and my site is functional/products (except for the payment gateway). I deciding if I should pay your third-party module to implement DPM.

When using your BCSE DPM Module on X-Cart 4.5.x... Can you clarify exactly what is needed to be done on the xcart site. My question is 1. Under XCart Admin > Settings > Payments Method. What payment method do I need to setup to be able to use DPM? Do I need to install x-payments (authorize.net aim) method and then install your module (or) use the existing Authorize.Net: SIM method and apply your module to use direct post method?

Is there anything else needed on the xcart side.

Thanks.

Jesse
Old 02-13-2013, 08:33 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrim
Carrie

I'm a new web store looking to incorporate a payment gateway using Authorize.Net. I currently have authorize.net aim account and my site is functional/products (except for the payment gateway). I deciding if I should pay your third-party module to implement DPM.

When using your BCSE DPM Module on X-Cart 4.5.x... Can you clarify exactly what is needed to be done on the xcart site. My question is 1. Under XCart Admin > Settings > Payments Method. What payment method do I need to setup to be able to use DPM? Do I need to install x-payments (authorize.net aim) method and then install your module (or) use the existing Authorize.Net: SIM method and apply your module to use direct post method?

Is there anything else needed on the xcart side.

Thanks.

Jesse

Jesse,

You can probably get the fastest response via support but I'll try to answer your questions here.

The DPM module uses AIM credentials to communicate. DPM runs over Authorize.net AIM's protocol basically. You can in theory have SIM and DPM running at the same time. If your X-cart does not support AIM then you *can* still use the DPM. Some people get confused on that. Older versions of the DPM just use the settings from AIM, it doesn't actually use the coding in X-cart for AIM.

X-payments isn't required and will not work with the DPM module. The purpose of the DPM module is to help take your shopping cart out of the scope of PCI compliance so X-payments isn't needed (it does the same thing, taking X-cart out of PCI compliance requirements by taking the CC through X-payments instead of X-cart). Most banks accept (not heard of any yet that don't) the DPM module as a viable solution to PCI compliance since X-cart no longer sees/transmits the CC number anymore.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 02-13-2013, 08:37 AM

X-Guru

Jesse,

Also our DPM module has it's own place to put the AIM credentials in, if that wasn't clear. So you can't set it up until you purchase it if you have 4.5.x since 4.5.x doesn't include AIM directly in X-cart.

Thanks,

Carrie

Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 AM

eXpert

Hello Jon,

Do you have a PCI/DSS module for connecting with PayFlow?
www.istok.net
X-cart version 4.5.4 Platinum
Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 AM

Carrie,
I'm interested in this module for my site which is currently 4.4.5 and one of the reasons for not upgrading to 4.5.x is because it does not include (support) AIM .
If i was to purchase and install your module while still running 4.4.5, will there be any issues or conflicts if and when i decide to move up to 4.5.x?
Also i missed the $20 Holiday discount, is there any discount saving coupons available today or in the coming days/weeks?

Thanks for your time.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcoolone
Carrie,
I'm interested in this module for my site which is currently 4.4.5 and one of the reasons for not upgrading to 4.5.x is because it does not include (support) AIM .
If i was to purchase and install your module while still running 4.4.5, will there be any issues or conflicts if and when i decide to move up to 4.5.x?
Also i missed the $20 Holiday discount, is there any discount saving coupons available today or in the coming days/weeks?

Thanks for your time.

Hi Austin,

I'm not sure of any discounts coming up but we do frequently put it on sale. I can drop a hint though to our marketing person and she may do that soon.

This module does *not* require Authorize.net AIM to be integrated into X-cart. I'll try to make that more clear on the website. It just requires an Authorize.net AIM account.

In previous versions prior to 4.5.x it just used the configuration settings in the AIM in X-cart. For 4.5.x and up it uses it's own configuration area.

Let me know if you have questions on that though!

Thanks,

Carrie

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4