Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Payments v1.0 released finally and officially

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-14-2010, 07:25 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Payments v1.0 released finally and officially

> How do current x-cart owners get their license?

Inside their HelpDesk accounts at https://secure.qtmsoft.com
We added one X-Payments license to all existing customers before June the 1st 2010. LiteCommerce customers, too
X-Payments product manager

The following 2 users thank ambal for this useful post:
am2003 (07-14-2010), Emerson (07-14-2010)
Old 07-14-2010, 07:46 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
> So do we have to buy an x-payments license for every new x-cart
> license. So now to really use x-cart the cost is about $500.

You do not have to. One X-Payments can be connected to up to 10 stores. Also, if you do not process or transfer somehow credit card details right on your web-site pages you do not need X-Payments.

Since we run multiple stores for multiple business accounts (meaning each business is separate and have their own processing etc) - does that mean that the 10 stores limit would actually allow processing of multiple stores to multiple merchant accounts, or are they all dumped into one merchant account? I'd think the latter, but need clarification. In that case, the cost to run a new X-Cart installation *IS* $500+ correct?
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
>
E.g. there is no free PA-DSS certified solution on the market now and I can't imagine how it is going to appear. Another example - Magento offers PCI-DSS comliance at $3000 per license. So you can compare.

No but there are paid carts out there that have not raised their prices when adding PA-DSS certification. That said, a base X-Cart license is still cheaper than any of them even with X-Payments. Others are running $600 - $1,000 at the low end and you don't get unlimited upgrades - you'll pay an major version upgrade fee or an annual update subscription.

Honestly, the free upgrades for life at the price-point of X-Cart isn't a great business model if we want to see Qualiteam advance the software. I would have no problem with paying for major version upgrades or an annual update subscription fee - if X-Payments was included and actually integrated into X-Cart like other carts instead of being split out as a separate application.

UGG Boots and other fine sheepskin products
http://www.snowriver.com

The following 6 users thank geckoday for this useful post:
D Brugge (07-20-2010), eddy (07-15-2010), Emerson (07-14-2010), gb2world (07-14-2010), hooter (07-14-2010), starwest (07-15-2010)
Old 07-14-2010, 08:33 AM

X-Wizard

Ambal,

A reply to ALL POINTS raised in this thread would be appreciated please... please see http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=54481

Thanks - Asiaplay

PS: TBH - personally I am very disappointed, that a reply from QT has to be even asked for by any of us - especially given that those who posted in that thread, are mainly long term X-Cart supporters.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:51 AM

X-Cart team

> Since we run multiple stores for multiple business accounts (meaning
> each business is separate and have their own processing etc) - does
> that mean that the 10 stores limit would actually allow processing of
> multiple stores to multiple merchant accounts, or are they all dumped
> into one merchant account?

If you use different payment gateways for those stores you can have payments routed to different merchant accounts. You specify settings for each payment gateway separately. So say you have Store1 and Store2, Store1 uses Authorize.net AIM and Store2 uses Beanstream. You specify an account for each payment gateway and thus get payments routed to their own merchant accounts. However, in case of the same payment gateway for both stores you won't be able to have such setup.

> I'd think the latter, but need clarification. In that case, the cost to
> run a new X-Cart installation *IS* $500+ correct?

If a merchant doesn't process credit card payments "onsite" he doesn't need X-Payments at all and a $115 X-Cart GOLD will be enough for a single-vendor store.

However, in case of "onsite" payment gateway is used a merchant has to use a PA-DSS compatible solution according to PCI-DSS requirements (just to make sure everyone understands - the requirement wasn't invented by us). X-Payments is a PA-DSS compatible solution. A merchant can use it for processing their payments only "onsite" or share with someone (I explained above how).
Old 07-15-2010, 01:52 AM

X-Cart team

Also, I forgot to mention that X-Payments doesn't collect information about merchants' sales and doesn't charge periodic fees or percentages. It is one time fee solution.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
Ambal,

A reply to ALL POINTS raised in this thread would be appreciated please... please see http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=54481

Thanks - Asiaplay

PS: TBH - personally I am very disappointed, that a reply from QT has to be even asked for by any of us - especially given that those who posted in that thread, are mainly long term X-Cart supporters.

Bump - I find being ignored very insulting Ambal (as I sure everyone else in the above mentioned thread does) - I waited paitently before requesting a response, but as you can see, now I am just plain annoyed!

Are we going to get a public reply from QT, in that thread?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:47 PM

X-Cart team

Hi Asiaplay,

You are not being ignored. I informed my management about the topic you are referring to.

I am afraid I can't add something new to what I said earlier. Just to summarize in one message:
1) X-Payments license costs USD $389 (one time fee, no periodic fees or percentages of sales)
2) X-Payments license is not transferable.
3) X-Payments is not needed when a merchant processes credit card payments "offsite", i.e a payer goes to secure pages on payment gateway side and do not enter credit card details in his/her store.
4) Every existing client before June 1st 2010 received one X-Payments license free of charge as we had promised. We are the only e-commerce solutions provider who did so and our clients do not have to pay periodic fees or percentages of their sales.
5) If you keep all licenses in your HelpDesk account you are the owner of those licenses and you are a client of ours and it has been always considered this way. So as a client you received one X-Payments license.
6) We can't give away more free X-Payments licenses as we invested very many $$ into this and the thing is that we had to do that as we are not inventors of PA-DSS and related stuff.
7) Price of X-Payments license is the lowest possible. However, I am authorized to offer discounts for *bulk* orders of X-Payments licenses (contact me directly).

Once have more new information I or my management will post on X-Cart forums.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:35 PM

X-Wizard

Hi Alex,

Ok - thanks for a reply.
At least we know now that the thread is being discussed among QT management (even if slowly) and we can expect a reply soon.

As you have said, so far management at QT have not responded to that thread - there is nothing new you can add yourself and all you have been able to do, is re-clarify the "existing" position of QT (and I understand why as a staff member, you yourself, are not in a position, to say more or make decisions alone).

Therefore, can you please ask Ruslan to respond to the above mentioned thread, as we all know peoples concerns will not just go away and nor will there expectations for a quick solution / answer.

Really the longer any postitive response is left, the more annoyed people will become and the more they will look elsewhere for solutions.

I will bump this again in a weeks time, if there has been no reply from Ruslan (but I really hope that will not be necessary).

Thanks and cheers, Asiaplay
Old 07-16-2010, 03:12 AM

Veteran

Quote:
5) If you keep all licenses in your HelpDesk account you are the owner of those licenses and you are a client of ours and it has been always considered this way. So as a client you received one X-Payments license.

So as it turns out if I want to buy more xcart licenses and open more stores I have to register new account for each of them so not to get into something like this with future mods, add-ons or whatever from QT. It will be the same person, same company, different stores but I have to register new account to get around this and be counted as different client. Very inconvenient. And I guess I will have to buy new licenses for full price - the discount licenses come with nothing.
Not that I am after something like this at the moment but it's good to know.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements